Valentine's BfP ladies

What is going on? I feel constantly sick these last few days and I'm 11 weeks now. I had been feeling pretty good up to this point most of the time apart from a few blips. I've been struggling to change DD's nappies having to hand over to DH in a hurry, he was amused at first but now seems to be finding it as annoying as I do. Unless I'm actually chewing food I feel sick and I can't just keep eating, I'm really full up!

Mammy - midwife wanted to give me 12 week scan date which is 18th April and to also say she has recommended I take asprin from 12 weeks as due to my raised bmi and it being my first pregnancy I'm at higher risk of preeclampsia apparently which was a bit of a blow!

On the upside I found the little ones heartbeat again yesterday, really quickly this time as I know where he/she is hiding (I have no feelings either way if it's going to be a boy or girl!)

Aww Emma big hugs to you! It is truly the worst sickness! Hope it passes quickly for you! Placenta will start taking over soon and that should take some of the burden off you!

Missusgee, try not to worry too much. It doesn't take a lot for bmi to be considered 'overweight'. I have always had a bmi of 20/21, put on about 4 pounds in first 6 weeks (but nothing since due to sickness) and when I was weighed with my shoes on I was told my bmi was 23! Four pounds difference and my bmi went up two/three!

I've just found baby's heartbeat!! I want to shout from the rooftops I'm so happy! Was getting so nervous as scan was so long ago. I tried with my angel sounds doppler last week and could only hear my own then tried again just now and heard my own first then baby's going like a wee speedy train about twice as fast as my own! :) sooooo excited! :cloud9: :happydance: xxxx

Congratulations on finding the heart beat!

Lost my first dinner earlier (a healthy salad and fruit) and felt so much better for it... but hungry so I decided to have a slice of rather less healthy battenberg to make up for it. Of course now I feel queasy again! I also hope it passes quickly. I was sick once with DD but don't remember such constant nausea.

Oh no ladies.. Everyone is on a downer!!! I feel like absolute sh!t! I have the flu! Common first trimester be gone! I'm over you!!!! Haha when is everyone's next scan!??

I just booked mine this morning. My 12 week scan is on Monday when I shall be exactly 12 weeks by my reckoning!!

I can't wait, I wish it was Friday already!

My scan isn't until 13 weeks :( you girls are lucky! As far as the nausea I feel the same.....why is it getting worse when it's suppose to get better? I feel sick all the time unless I have good in my mouth. OH and I swore we heard a second heartbeat on our doppler last night, lol is it possible to miss a twin at a 7 week scan or is this all in our heads?

I have my next scan in about an hour!!!! Can't wait.... then I have another scan at 14+5 :)

I hope you feel better soon Bambola.

Mom I have wondered the same thing! Particularly with my growth and late sickness!

Good luck Sasha! I hope you have good news about the cyst as well as the baby!

Sonogram went wonderful!... Cyst is not considered an issue and I can now lift up to 30 lbs am border line anemic though so that stinks but I am measuring exact and baby is perfect... saw it jumping around, kicking, wiggling and sucking on its thumb!!! Cutest little thing in the world...

I am looking into buying a doppler and I'm super excited!!! Also created a first trimester collage!!! :)

https://s1278.photobucket.com/user/SashaJoy13/media/Snapbucket/87897F90-orig_zps794c86c1.jpg.html

Ooops wrong link.... here is the collage!

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/87897F90-orig_zps794c86c1.jpg

Awww sasha that's such a lovely idea, very creative!

A week tomorrow until my scan, ugh so long away! Lol. Having such a stressful busy time in work this week, must make sure I slow down and stay relaxed. Also think I have a cold on the way as I'm feeling a bit weird like mg body is trying to fight something...and failing!!

My scan is tomorrow! I can't wait. Work is going to drag.

hehe - congrats Sasha! What a cutie!! You must be delighted! Thank goodness all is ok!

momof1 - Im sure they couldnt miss twins at 7 weeks..??? then again, much stranger things have happened!!

JBell - good luck with your scan, please post a pic as soon as you can! cant wait to see your little bean!!!!!!!!!

Missus - I feel your pain about the cold.. it sucks because you cant take much for it! the last 3 days have been HORRIBLE for me with this flu but on the mend now... lots of rest! (I know.. i want to shoot people when they tell me to rest because its hard in this day and age isnt it!?)

Sorry some of you lovely ladies are feeling sick - its bizarre this late!

My big scan is next Wednesday (17 April) for NT scan to check to downsyndrome etc - is anyone else having that one? Its pretty standard in Australia. I just hope our little baby is healthy and happy.. especially after me being so sick with flu!

I was working out the other day, this pregnancy I have had the following scans (i am so lucky)

6 weeks
7 weeks
8 weeks
9 weeks
10 weeks
11 weeks (emergency because I fell... idiot)
12 weeks (next week)

Regardless, I have still felt worried the whole time! lol

It was a choice with the standard 12 week scan in UK but I'm not sure about here. I'd like to have it done to have some idea but I don't think I could follow it up with an amniocentesis or anything. The idea of it scares the life out of me, it seems like something from an alien abduction film!

Here we are given the option but at my 20 wk scan they will check for feature flags (close set eyes, low ears etc) and if there are any resemblance markers than we have manditory screening in the second window (20-24wk) which is covered by insurance (rather than >$200)... So for now I have opted out of testing (tested negative for carrying Systic fibrosis gene anyhow)!

So sorrybyou ladies are getting to feel sick. I feel so very much better! I have been released back to work and placed in my old job! I am so glad that I can finally relax a bit!!!! I am sure all of your ailments will lift and you will have a much smoother pregnancy!

JBell have fun at your scan... I schedual all mine so I don't have to wait after waking up! I'm impatient like that! Lol

Good luck for tomorrow Jbell! Can't wait to see the pic!

Got to see baby today! It was so wonderful. He/She got the hiccups and it was so adorable. The u/s tech even hinted (basically said) it was a boy. She kept pointing out a little "part" by the legs. She tried to look at its bottom to be certain but baby wouldn't cooperate and wanted to sit cross-legged. She is going to let me come back in 2 weeks to see for sure. But as for now we are thinking boy. Also the NT scan came back clear so we are so grateful for that! I'm just so excited that everything is well and I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Attachments

• e9747177-5937-4d0d-9468-31b88445b95e_zpsc1ab82aa.jpg
    e9747177-5937-4d0d-9468-31b88445b95e_zpsc1ab82aa.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 8
OMG JBELL - THAT IS SUCH TRIPLE AMAZING NEWS!! Gorgeous bub! You nearly know the sex AND you got the all clear for NT scan - i am SO DELIGHTED FOR YOU!!!! YEEEEHAWWWWWWWWW!!!! hehehe you must be thrilled! Your bean is SUPER CUTE!

Yay Jbell!!!! That is awesome!!! Your baby is so cute and I hope she is right about the gender!!! Thats so exciting you get to go back and check!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->