Valentine's BfP ladies

I found the short list I took to hospital in we changed or minds and OMG it has 20 names on it! We seriously struggled with girls' names. They are: Anwen, Beatrice, Eleanor, Elina, Elissa, Enid, Evelyn, Imogen, Isolde, Iris, Ivy, Laila, Maisie, Maeve, May, Maya/Maia, Noelle, Phoebe, Sofia, Ursula. Our biggest issue had been combining names for first and second - nothing sounded right!

It's funny to see the list now as I hate some of them this time! I hope I can still find the list which had the boys' names too!

Oh emma... those are super cute! I love the idea of a little girl named Evelyn May(Mae)! But alas I am too in love with my first choice to use it.

I woke up this morning from an insanely vivid dream and I am now convinced I will have a boy!!!! I have been struggling with a boy name but the second I woke up I told hubby Emmit! Hubby fell in love with the name too so if we have a boy his name will be Emmit Anuart Cisneros... its so weird that it just popped into my head or my dreams like that!!!!

I love that as a way of choosing a name! Things do come to us strangely clearly in sleep or near sleep, don't they?! I had a similar moment last night when DD woke up and 90% asleep I finally had inspiration for something I'd been falling to do all week!

Love the idea of dreaming a name!

On a similar note, I had a dream I could feel little munchkin kicking lastnight, so gutted when I woke up and realised it wasn't real :-(

Missus it will happen soon! Generally in the next 2-4 weeks for you (16-18)... don't feel so down about it :)

Hi ladies- I made an impulse buy today and got a Doppler! After 20 minutes of searching I found baby's heartbeat and was very proud haha

Has anyone made any baby purchases lately? And any thoughts on how u will reveal gender to your families?!

My mum is not happy about us finding out the gender. It's quite a new thing here and she thinks we should wait and let it be a surprise. I've agreed not to tell her when we find out which will be quite hard I reckon. The doppler's are brilliant aren't they?! You will get quicker and quicker at finding little one too :) I've just bought a pack of white vests and a pack of white sleepsuits. I'm trying to be practical andy buy the 'boring' stuff whilst I don't know gender. :)

So doc has put me off for 2 weeks initially but said I have to go back to doc when line is up as I'm likely to get another one. I think it's just doctor's policy that they don't give out longer than 2 weeks at a time here. I feels a weird sense of disappointment at missing so much work and relief as I had a dream last night that I was made to go back and then baby got ill. :(

Xxx

I so desperately want to buy stuff but there's nothing I need yet. We'll be getting DD a new bed in a few months to free up the cot but there's no rush yet. She hates going in the pushchair now she can walk, I've never seen a toddler so young being such a pain about it but it means there's no point in getting a double pushchair just yet until we see if we'll need it. I want to SHOP!

Mammy, I'm sure she'll get too excited when you know!

Since you're actually not ill at least you can go and do shopping, go swimming... :)

I'm going to aqua-natal tomorrow night and I'm so excited about it! I might look into an off peak gym membership when I'm there so I can go swimming as I love swimming and DH bought me a nice new costume yesterday (I only had bikinis and aside from the fact that nobody needs to see my podgy belly at the moment, my boobies would be completely uncontainable in them :haha: ) xx

I've done it! I've just booked into pregnancy yoga! My taster session is on Friday evening. I've also asked at the same place about acupuncture but was recommended Tuina massage instead, I should get a call tomorrow about the suitability of it in pregnancy!

I am so excited now!

I'm off to the Dr in the morning to get the results of my blood test combined with the nuchal scan result (on its own that was good) I'm hoping all is okay as I'm a bit older and so more at risk this time.

I hope you enjoy aqua natal, I'm about to start looking for something too as I was told I should swim for my back.

Thats great Emma and makemeamammy - i have to do something because I am putting on so much weight it is ridiculous. Me and my preg friend I work with are walking at lunch time 4 days per week and I have just signed up for some pregnancy exercise classes (pending my acceptance).

I also had a dream my baby moved! Can't wait now. The dream of course was a bit extreme and you could see the tiny head sticking out a bit like something off one of the alien films but it felt real enough, like late 2nd trimester movement. Really big movement and wiggly!

Dr offered me another US at my appointment this morning (really pleased with my results, better than 1/5,000) and after the dream, I fancied another look! So happy I did, the pics were really clear and then she asked if I wanted to find out the sex, having had the okay from DH to find out, I ummed and ahhed a bit about if I really wanted to or not, and then said (inevitably really) "Yes!".

She looked vaginally then and got some more amazing pictures, much clearer than my 12 week scan and.....

:happydance::happydance::cloud9::blue: IT'S A BOY :blue::cloud9::happydance::happydance:

I couldn't be happier - one of each! All of a sudden it feels real and you know what... now I can shop!! :D (Misspelled that as hop initially which gave me a giggle)

DH is over the moon too - he was the "last of his line" so felt some pressure to continue it and once when we were newly together I joked that I would keep going with babies until I had a boy for him if we stayed together! :rofl: What a relief! ;)

Hurray Emma! That makes at least to little guys on this thread! So happy for you!

Aaah, yay Emma! Congratulations on both your blood results and your little boy!! I don't mind what I have since it'll be my first but I can imagine if I had one already it would be nice for the next one to be the opposite sex! One of each is so lovely! Does Noelle know she's getting a little brother yet? :) xx

Not yet, she knows (maybe) there is a baby in my tummy but always smiles then points to her own when I say it! I don't even know if she has really recognised the concept of little boy or little girl yet and what a brother would be. We will tell her later on though, when we have collected her from the nursery!

I have so much to do today and can't concentrate at all!

Aww, what a wee cutie. I always find it amusing when we teach the Primary 1s (4 and 5 year olds) Scottish Country Dancing and we tell them to make a 'boy's line' and a 'girl's line'. There are always a few who are a bit unsure where they go. And don't get me started on what happens when we tell them to go left or right :) xx

:rofl: Don't get me started on what happens when DH tells me to go left or right... or better still when I tell him to go left, go left, GO LEFT, yes, that left...

DD's reaction was as unconcerned as I expected really, she looked at the photo and then decided her new box of stencils was far more exciting!

I'm sick of headaches, one almost every day, so looking forward to a couple of days off. We have two bank hols!!

congrats Emma!!!! Its so exciting you got what you wanted

Jeeze I really want my scan already!!!! I can't wait to know the gender!!!!! Only 8 more days!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->