Valentine's BfP ladies

Here you don't get to know until 20 weeks and even then it's not guaranteed. Only if baby is in a good position to see. Emma I've been gettin bad headaches too. So far I haven't taken anything except to rub 4head on my...well...forehead (it's really pretty self-explanatory :haha:)

I mentioned it at the doctor and he said I could take paracetamol as there was no evidence it could harm baby. Have you been taking anything? Xx

Wow Emma that's so exciting!!

I cannot wait to find out, like seriously it's killing me!! I heard heartbeat on Doppler again lastnight just to get my fix :) it's beating really strong now!

I've been taking asprin daily which has eliminated any headaches.

Did i tell you ladies I bought my pram last weekend? I cant remember - baby brain..

Mammy, I have taken some paracetamol, maybe 3 times. The doc also told me to for my back but I preferred to avoid it as much as possible. I've been taking a low dose if I need to, 650g, not the usual 1g. They sell paracetamol in different doses here not just 500mg tablets like back home and you can only get it from a pharmacy.

Thanks all for the congratulations! I would have loved another girl too but a bit does just round the family off so nicely.

I don't think you did Bambola. What did you get? I just bought a very middle of the range travel system for Noelle, in grey as I knew I would need it again. Later I got her a Maclaren Globe Trotter, a pushchair weighing under 5kg specially for travelling and it is actually so light it's what we always use now. So we have a completely free one for the baby.

I went shopping yesterday, had a look at some maternity clothes as I always felt so fat in what I had apart from the pretty red top from one of my photos. DH told me to just buy what I wanted and liked on as he remembered what a huge difference having something pretty made to me last time. Bump hugging stuff is all well and good for some but it made me feel like a whale, so I'm off to buy some of the empire line tops I saw when the shops are open again tomorrow. Maybe a new dress or two.

I also bought my little boy his first things. A lovely soft blue blanket and a blue soft toy (a rhino chosen by DD)! She had similar things in pink, some of the few non-neutral practical things I bought.

Aww yay Emma congrats on your first boy buys!

Bam, I don't think you mentioned it! How exciting though! I can't wait to buy the pram. Put up a piccie for us to have a nosey :)

So I went to my first aquanatal last night and loved it! It was so much fun and all the ladies seemed so lovely. I felt teensy compared to everyone and definitely had bump envy. People kept feeling their bumps reacting to the movement. I can't wait to feel that, and have a proper bump! :)

Emma, I think I'm going maternity shopping today as DH said he would treat me to stuff for my birthday :) empire line is definitely my style too xx

Hey ladies! Today I felt baby move for sure!!!! I was watching Hell's Kitchen and I swore I felt him but I chalked it up to nothing. But today it has been like a light switch turned on. During planning today I was talking to my math coach and I felt a distinct kick-kick and I have been feeling flutters off and on for about 2 1/2 hours. It really is neat.

Emma - I want to go guy a little baby blanket now. It sounds wonderful!

Mamms - a aquanatal class sounds interesting and fun! I'm going to look into it around here. I need something to do when I can't run anymore.

Bam - yes we need a picture of your pram! We found our travel system as well. We are getting a Britax B-safe travel system. Here is a link to the stroller. https://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-agile
We love it because it is so light weight, versatile, and easy to maneuver.

Miss - glad your headaches are gone. When do you get to find out the gender?

I love the sound of the shopping thats been going on ladies! and you all inspired me to sign up for some pregnancy classes - next week I am starting preg aerobics on Tues nights and then Preg pilates on Thurs nights. Thank you ladies!! haha

Love the pram Jbell! Looks fab!

I will post up a pic soon. Dont have one on me right now!

xox

I braved maternity clothes shopping today. Now I'm just completely wiped out and depressed!! Lol

In 3 hours and many many shops later I found just 2 pairs of trousers and 3 tops!!

I also popped in to mothercare to pick up a few baby bits but honestly had no idea what to get and felt way out of my depth. Now I know it's early days but I'm freaking out a little as I feel clueless :-(

Don't worry Missus! We can help!

Don't know if you for some info already at your first antenatal but the bounty pack had some helpful bits and pieces.

I bought a pregnancy book early on, Your Pregnancy Bible by Dr Anne Deans. Not only had that got wonderful week by week info, it has sections on what to get, early baby care, pregnancy information, labour and birth, exercising pre and post partum... There was a free NHS one to but I found it hard to follow.

When shopping remember the first clothes last about 4 weeks so don't over do it.

You need:

Muslin cloths to mop up possetted milk (and if beat feeding in early weeks overspill). I bought 12, probably could have managed with a few less.

It is probably safe to assume a birth weight of about 7lb or more for clothes, better too big than too small. Mothercare's tiny baby is too small for most.

You need vests, I bought 10, a 5 pack in girl colours and a 5 pack in neutral.

I bought 6 baby grows, again, 3 girl, 3 neutral and of course was given a couple.

I didn't really but any pretty clothes for that first month, with the runny poo they do you're washing clothes constantly.

For sleeping you need a cot/basket and bedding. For bedding you want a mattress protector or two, a few fitted sheets. Then the top bit is a matter of preference and climate, blankets, quilt, swaddling blanket, baby sleeping bag...

Nappies (assume a typical weight of about 7lb as it puts you at the bottom of a size band) you get a few testers in the packs in smaller sizes and can do an emergency purchase of smaller ones if need be.

Either cotton wool and water or super gentle wipes.

A cream, personally I can recommend Bepanthen (called Bepanthol).

A changing mat with a washable towelling cover helps to keep the baby from jumping and waking when put on a cold one!

Baby bath lotion and skin cream.

A car seat or travel system.

Hope that helps you to get started! X

Fab list Emma! Don't be disheartened Missus! I think we are just at a weird half-way stage at the moment! I went yesterday and found nothing! :( normal clothes too small but mat clothes mostly too big! I need a dress for two weddings next week and I'm beginning to panic a bit! :-/

Give it a month and I bet we'll have proper bumps and it'll be a lot easier :) xxx

That's definitely true Mammy!

I had several weddings and a Christening to go to early to mid pregnancy last time. I went to an independent maternity shop who actually do online stuff too and got some really stretchy dresses, they were wonderful, fitted from 4 months to last thing (I'm wearing a brown one in the hugest bump picture). I got a bright red one that was my fave for the weddings.

The shop I went to was called Expecting in York. I got a white broderie anglaise dress from La Fee Noir an online only British shop for my wedding dress. Service at both was great.

Baby brain strikes! I forgot to go to my pregnancy yoga class! I'm so gutted!

Thanks for the wonderful list emma, really useful! I'm luckily being given a load of stuff from my sister as her little one is now coming up to 3 yrs. We are being given a cot, travel system among many things so until I get that stuff all together I should know what's left to get then.

Bad luck on missing the yoga, are there any DVD' s that you could get online to do at home?

Jbell - think I missed your question from a page or 2 back, I don't find out gender until 10th june, ages away :-(

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/90551664-orig_zps508f311b.jpg

I found this and hubby fell in love so we got it for our little one!!! First baby buy!!!

so cute Sasha!! Sorry I havent put my pram up yet - I have not gotten round to taking a photo!

If anyone has instagram and wants to follow my obsessive baby purchases, my account name is luxe_lover

Its a public account so anyone can see it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning/end of the week :)

Eeeshk Sasha! That doesn't sound good! What's happened? I'm a bit worried about my gums as they're very red and bleeding when I brush but they're not sore. I keep meaning to make a dentist appointment, I think you've spurred me on!

Hope you're ok xx

My gums were just red and bleeding but then they suddenly (over the course of a night) became inflamed and extreamly painful to the point where running my tongue over my gums set them to bleeding! I highly suggest at least getting a preventive cleaning but a deep cleaning if you can or your due for one as it will clean below the gums as well. I have to say i woke up in pain and I'm going to bed soar but relieved!!!! Don't wait till it hurts get it checked out even oif its just red.

Oh no! I am totally sympathetic. I (strangely) got it at 14 and the dentist was most surprised, and had a good giggle with the school matron who took me to see him. It wasn't as bad as yours sounds but was sore and prickled like bad nettle rash if I ran my tongue over it.

Hi Everyone!

How are you all, it's been so quiet lately?!

I have bought an ENTIRE new maternity wardrobe. I swore I wouldn't but felt so crappy in all my old clothes and the styles are far more forgiving this time around. I have pretty much bought the whole of MitMatMamma! So many new t-shirts and blouses - all but one empire line style, one is an under-bump belted style and surprisingly flattering on.

I have also posted a new photo of this weeks bump on:
https://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Emma_Hatton/story/62573

The bump is already big enough that I managed to wedge myself in a toilet stall at the restaurant I ate at last night! :D

I hope your gums are a bit better Sasha!

I am still getting headaches almost every day, so trying to drink more water, I am not really sure what else I can do. I was so tired and fed up the other day I just sat on the stairs for a rest after carrying a box of DD's toys up and DH asked what was wrong triggering me to burst into tears! He was lovely that day and finally said he probably isn't sympathetic enough about me having work, DD and being pregnant! :) Then his new computer arrived and despite having an empty dishwasher, everything is still all over the kitchen! MEN! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->