Valentine's BfP ladies

I officially feel super weird!!!! My breasts have started leaking ALREADY!!!!! It doesn't really feel like anything just a warm liquid but it sometimes feels a little sticky in my bra! I figured this would start in the third tri not now! I feel super awkward and I don't want hubby anywhere near my bbs... oh the joys of pregnancy!

It can happen early! Mine didn't start until third tri before but I remember leaping out of a damp bed one day and feeling a warm trickle running down my body, it freaked me out a bit, it was so strange. I quickly bought pads but had very little need for them after that, at least, I didn't notice the leaking much more.

I've been really worrying about my baby, I've felt so little movement so far. I suppose the difference is at this stage last time I was ordered to rest due to the bleeding I had so spent a lot more time lying down relaxing. This time I'm on my feet constantly. I was relieved to feel something again last night.

I know how you feel about the damp bed and all... it is very uncomfortable and hubby thinks its gross :( it really hurt when I realized that was his reaction.

Emma I am sure baby is good!!! From what I have heard the real wiggles even for a veteran mommy don't start till after 22 weeks... besides sraying occupied you may not notice it.

Aww sasha, it must have been a shock but see it as a really positive sign that baby is growing well and your body is preparing!

My bbs have had a real growth spurt this week. Gone up another bra size and need to get new maternity bra's again as I can't even wear mine now. I'm having a bra free day today, it's lovely! Lol

In terms of movement, I felt slot of fluttering last week, past few days not much at all but today seems to be back. I'm not expecting anything major at this point but did worry when I stopped feeling anything.

I was lucky, DH thought it was quite funny, I was the one who was a bit grossed out as it was a very new and strange experience. Embrace it and remind him that it is your body preparing to protect and nurture *his* baby by creating colostrum which gives the baby the best protection against infection in the first few days.

I find DH always reacts more favourably when I make him feel possessive and remind him it's his baby like that! Men are funny, they can't feel the same level of attachment to the baby as we do until they hold it for the first time. I remember DH holding DD for the first time whilst the midwives were seeing to me and how all of a sudden you could see the protectiveness, love and awe radiating out from him! I think it is perceptible in this photo from the delivery room but maybe that's just to me because I took it!

Thanks for the reassurance about the baby! I also think cos it's a boy he's just naturally lazier! ;-)

Attachments

• .facebook_1968489200.jpg
    .facebook_1968489200.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
I know the whole bra wardrobe change thing... I have gone from a C to a DD in no time flat.

I'm glad to know that hubby may come around. I feel like we have a giant splinter in our relationship that keeps festering... I really want him to be supportive and I guess I hate the thought that it might not happen for another nearly 5 months

Sasha, I do feel for you with this. It is so horrible to feel that way when you feel you need their support. I think my DH came around as soon as he met DD in person for the first time but it still took me several months longer to trust that he was happy in the relationship. It's a long journey to feel like you're going through on your own so remember we'll be around when you need to chat. Xx

Thanks Emma... I really appreciate it! I miss him. I don't think I could stay sane if I didn't have this thread.

Hey ladies. Sasha, gorgeous bump!

Ok, are all you ladies now feeling movement? I'm starting to really freak out! I haven't freaked out about anything during this pregnancy but I really feel like I should be feeling something by now and I can't :( is everyone feeling movement now? Xxx

Sasha I kind of get where you're coming from. Don't feel like DH is making any effort to bond with little one or has any idea how to make me feel better. It's not that he doesn't want a child, just doesn't get what I'm going through. I keep having to put his hand on bump to get it into his skull that his child is growing in there!!

Mammy don't freak out! I can't remember did you get a Doppler? Just had a quick listen to baby's heartbeat, even though I can feel fluttering and popping it's not enough for me to feel sure everything is ok so like to have a little listen once a week.

Mammy, don't worry I'm rarely feeling anything and a lady I know who is expecting her second isn't feeling anything at all 19 weeks due to the placement of the placenta. If it's at the front it cushions all the movement. I only realised what the movement was at 17 weeks last time and it wasn't strong for another week or two.

Did you have a 16 week appointment with the midwife? If there was anything to worry about then she would have said.

I do have a doppler and can hear heartbeat but still worrying as to why I can't feel anything. My midwife app was at 15 weeks so I didn't say anything as I didn't expect to feel anything then and she didn't feel my tummy or anything.

When you hear the placenta on your dopplers does it sound really loud? Mine sounds extremely loud so could it be that it's on front of baby and that's why I can't feel anything? X

Mammy it is completely normal to not feel anything till around 22 weeks. I'm sure you are fine and have nothing to worry about.

Good morning (afternoon/evening)!

How are you all feeling? I have been worrying myself sick but now feel okay again!

TMI alert! I am struggling to empty my bladder properly, not an issue I remember from before, it feels like when you have a UTI and just have to keep going for a few drops at a time. Leaning forwards helps but it is sometimes leaving me with an uncomfortable pain in the lower abdomen as my bladder cramps a bit sometimes. I also find I feel like I'm about to have an accident if I haven't managed to empty all the way but it feels like the wee is stuck in the end of the urethra rather than the bladder so I have been doing Kegels like mad!

I felt like I hadn't felt the baby move in ages though I have a lot less time to concentrate on anything so subtle this time but in the last few days it has been a bit stronger so I am a bit happier now! I also thought my CM was a little pink looking the other day but there was no clear evidence that I was bleeding and I wondered if I had just irritated myself somehow trying to empty my bladder.

Anyway, I am still growing like mad! I can't get over the difference in size this time, last time I was only just entering my getting fatter stage...

I am also not impressed with the fact my arms seem to be increasing in girth - maybe because I am carrying DD less! :) Also all my new maternity tops have cap sleeves which I hate! The one in my new bump pic is the worst!

Here is the link again: https://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Emma_Hatton/story/62573

Hi emma, I'm not expert but maybe it little one shifting around and pressing on your bladder differently?

I'm so blummin jealous of your gorgeous bump! I still have no bump, just feel fat!

Junior is happily fluttering around as I type this, definitely getting stronger.

I am just wishing the next 2 weeks away so I can have next scan!

Hi ladies

I hope you are all doing well and that the bladder issues have subsided :dohh: I too have had something similar in relation to the 'trickle' effect... lol I am sure it is nothing to worry about!!

We had a big 17.5 week scan last week and confirmed indeed we are having a little man... (I saw the cutest little man bits ever... unbelievable!) Yesterday we had a gender reveal for close family and friends... it was lovely. Now the official shopping can start :)

How is everyone feeling? on the movement front - I havent felt anything either but sonographer confirmed last week that the placenta is right in front of baby so that may be why?? no need to worry though.. can everyone please keep us/me updated on movement? I think if i dont feel anything in a week or so I will begin to worry... :cry:

Attachments

• gr1.jpg
    gr1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 7
  • gr7.jpg
    gr7.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4
  • gr6.jpg
    gr6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm glad to see everyone is doing well for the most part.

Congratulations on being team blue Bam! Do you have any name ideas?

Mamms I have heard it is completely normal not to feel movement until around 18 weeks+. I have been feeling movement for about two weeks now. It started off as just random tingly and popping sensations. Now I feel him all the time kicking and moving. I asked my doctor at about 16 weeks if it could be him that early and she said yes, that based on how small I am, it probably was. Now that I'm feeling him a lot I know it was him all along. Also, I have posterior placenta so it is not blocking my stomach from all the kicks and rolls. Everyone is completely different though. My belly is growing up instead of out lately so I think he doesn't have a whole lot of room right now so that's another reason why I've felt his so early.

Also, I've attached a picture of my 17 weeks 2 days baby bump. You can see where it has expanded upwards instead of outwards if you look at some of my previous bump pictures. I hope that helps.

Attachments

• 17w.jpg
    17w.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
cute bump jbelL! you are still so tiny! my bump is massive.. lol

Hello ladies,
Congrats on scans and bumps!

That Gender reveal looks like fun! I get my scan to see what we are having on Friday and I'm so excited... right now my friends and co workers are all taking bets on the gender amd all but 2 say boy!!! o_O I will laugh super hard if I am having a girl.

Other than that pregnancy brain is awful. I am a poetry writer (www.poetrypoem.com/sashasemotions) and I know a lot of really big words and I'm able to describe things in a very glamorous way... When I am not pregnant! I hate being so blocked! Also I have finally been readmitted to work and I am getting a promotion to Barista Trainer!!!! Belly is still getting bigger and I can feel baby move pretty frequently, I wake up at night STARVING and I hate it but I'm going to keep snacks on my nightsand when I'm done moving. Yes I am moving and it is aweful... for hubby... because I can't even rearrange the furniture. Oh and I'm looking into buying a new car because it is super hard to get in and out of ours!

Come on ladies lets hear your symptoms, trial, tribulations, hopes, dreams.... shopping lists?

Bam, I'm so glad I'm not the only one not feeling anything! I'm 19 weeks on Wednesday and still feel nothing!!! I have my 2nd scan a week tomorrow so will find out gender and placenta position. Your gender reveal party looks ace, also...cool pool! I'm very jealous! :) jBell I can't believe how teensy you are! I'm way bigger than that now and am definitely noticeably pregnant.

I'm still off work for another fortnight so have been busy knitting and have made baby's first mittens!! Aren't they cute? :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member