Valentine's BfP ladies

I'm glad you're okay after that, Sasha! I can't imagine what I'd have done.

I have to agree on the interior designer! If we had our own house instead of renting I imagine my DH might maybe let me paint and paper a nursery but I'd have to do it all myself (just like the shelves that I'm waiting to put up on DD's room... I've had them since before she was born!

I love the knitted stuff! My grandma had got a lady finishing hers that's been in a bag since my brothers were babies.

By the way Sasha, don't feel scared to ask the OB about the massage, it's not easy to do right so they can help you learn what it should feel like when done properly. It was weeks before my DH did it right.

These are my gift card inserts for the invitations - do you like the poem?? I wrote it! hahaha so corny!

Attachments

• GIFT CARD BB.jpg
    GIFT CARD BB.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9
Aww Bam - love the little poem!

Sasha, hope you're ok! That sounds so scary. It's a new car we are looking into getting but not sure yet!

Emma - no way would I be able to ask about/get my doc to show me about perineal massage! I would literally die off there and then! I know it's silly because my dignity is about to disappear anyway but...I struggled to get my breasts measured because the woman in the shop knew who I was! :blush:

My wallpaper for nursery arrived today! I can't wait to get started on it! DH is taking me into town today to treat me to a fan (the old romantic that he is haha)! I am not coping with the heat and my hay fever is absolutely horrendous! I'm having to use my inhaler 3 to 4 times a day and last night caved and took paracetamol for my crippling headache! :(

Sasha - I'm right there with you about being pregnant in summer! I told DH if he dares get me in this predicament over summer again then it's the divorce courts for him :rofl: although the way I've been moaning of late he would probably go there gladly lol! :) xx

Hia everyone, hmmm I seem to have missed loads so can't respond to everyone sorry!

Super hot here too, loving the sun but I am suffering. My ankles are puffing up like rice crispies!!! I've been a bit worried tbh as junior hasn't moved much in the last 5 days, do you think it may be heat related!? Had a few kicks but nothing like I had for the last fortnight. Used Doppler yesterday as heartbeat is normal.

I can't decide about breastfeeding, I want to try, even if it's just for a few months. But i also want DH to be involved in feeding so I may try combo of bf and formula, or perhaps express my milk.

I haven't seen my midwife since 16 weeks and have lost track of next appt. I don't even know who my midwife is now as my old one went to a new job!

No babyshower here but I have just been given 2 huge bags of clothes that are barely worn, junior has a bigger wardrobe than me already!!

Hi Missus, I've heard a couple of people saying babies are moving less at the moment so maybe it is heat related.

I think you should have had an appointment around 22 weeks so if I were you I would phone your doctor or midwife centre and find out!

Xx

Just a little thing for consideration, DH says he never felt that he wasn't included in feeding and care for the baby. He really contributed by doing the burping after most feeds when I felt exhausted already, settling DD to sleep, often on his own chest whilst relaxing of an evening, making sure I was fed and watered properly, which was really important for me in the early days in particular since DD cluster fed in the evenings.

Even if he rarely fed her in the first few months there was a lot he could do to bond with her which gave me an incredible amount of support with the BF.

I'm not going to say BF is easy and it isn't for everyone. I almost gave up many times, it took three weeks before we got the latch right (but I had no support), then another 4 before I learnt what feeding on demand really meant. After that it was plain sailing!

I do think it's hard to make an informed decision based on other people's experience and even on your own over too short a period!

Sasha how scary! I'm so glad you're ok. :hugs:

Bam I love your poem. It is so adorable. We included restrictions on clothes as well. We requested that if someone wanted to buy clothes to buy them in 6-9 or 9-12 month sizes. I guess they just aren't as cute at that size because we didn't get any clothes :winkwink:

Mamms your allergies sound horrendous! I hope you can get some relief very soon. I definitely want to see some pictures of your nursery as I'm super jealous that you get to start on it already! Are nursery is still under "pre" remodeling. As in my husband hasn't even started yet! :dohh:

Emma I definitely want to breastfeed. I'm hoping that with a lot of support and guidance I can get it figured out and do it successfully. Now I know I can ask you questions too since you are so successful at it :)

Miss I love getting free clothes from people! And it is amazing how many clothes they actually accrue! No wonder so many have tags as I can't imagine getting them to wear so many things before they outgrow them! I hope the heat is treating you better and I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot :(

We had a great time at our baby shower yesterday. It was coed so it was basically like a big family and friend party to celebrate baby Sam and it was so fun. We also were so blessed by all the gifts, I mean we made out like bandits! We got our pack and play, gym, video baby monitor, swing, two boppies (the nurser and the lounger), tons of car seat accessories, a diaper dude diaper bag, a bouncer, four sets of crib sheets etc, etc. One thing missing was clothes. Thank goodness too, because we have 4 huge boxes of gifted clothes. It was amazing and has taken so much financial pressure off as we only have 3 or 4 big ticket items left.

Overall, everyone said they had a great time and it was the best baby shower they'd ever been to. I think it was because it was coed, so everyone had someone they were with and no one was left out. Also, John and I kind of took two different groups of guests to ensure everyone was attended. It was so fun. Here are some pictures (PS I'm the pregnant one ).

Attachments

• shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4
  • shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 4
  • shower6.jpg
    shower6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
  • shower7.jpg
    shower7.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • shower5.jpg
    shower5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
Look at you skinny!! You look so thin with your bump jbell, looking fab!

Well...I ended up at the hospital the other night as it turns out it's the pressure on my ribs causing me to not be able to breathe properly. I haven't slept properly in weeks and got to the stage of not being able to sit/lie down as I was in agony (as if I was being crushed) and couldn't breathe properly. I spoke to a midwife on the phone and she told me to pack a bag and go down to the hospital immediately.

They kept me in for most of the night to monitor me and have put me on dihydrocodeine which I'm devastated about. It's only for a few days though to relieve some pressure off my ribs. I then have to go back into hospital to the day clinic so that they can do further monitoring and I will have to see physio and an osteopath for the rest of the pregnancy.

I'm so relieved that I'm now getting some help for my breathing/crushing pain but it's a shame it had to get to the stage of me needing dangerous medication before they would listen to me as I've been telling my own midwife and doctor about this for weeks now!

Hopefully, that will be an end to my bad luck and moaning and I will be able to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy :) xx

mams I'm so glad you got an answer! I'm sure baby will be fine. We are in mostly a growth stage right now as most of the heavy major organ development is done I believe. I really hope they can help you and that you feel much better soon!

Oh no mammy- you poor thing.. How scary. I hope that is the worst of it too dear.. Xxx

Jbell your shower looked Devine!!! And you look beautiful!! :)

Wow so much happening!

Mammy I hope you are feeling more relief now... its so scary being in the hospital while pregnant... on the bright side Bam is right... its really just fat storage at this point so the medicine you take will have much less of a lasting affect.

JBell that shower looked like fun! I can't wait for mine though the location we had scouted and reserved had to cancel so now I am frantically searching for a replacement in order to reprint my invitations on time.

Bam- your inserts are georgeous!!!!! So royal looking and the poem is too cute! Also my Shower is the 24th of August lol

Missus-I struggled a bit with the to breast feed or not question but Emma has valid points. My hubby and I actually came up with the same routine as a hypothetical, I feed he burps and puts her down. His main concern is making sure I am healthy so I can keep our baby healthy. Also I have heard that pumping is a god send regardless of if you choose to BF or not(my bbs get so rock hard and tender already that i have to depress almost once a week). Just some thoughts on the situation :)

As far as the car goes... we have a lifetime warrenty on parts and labor for our breaks now not to mention we switched to full coverage insurance and rechecked the specs on our car seat to make sure that we were choosing safety over style (I knew we did but peace of mind is no small feat while pregnant). Also we have been gifted nearly everything we need... we are buying a brand new stroller that fits our car seat for a steal a friend gave us an electric swing still in the box but when we opened it we found a Winnie the Pooh swing that has AMAZING reviews and reclines so our newborn can use it as a napper!!!! We really only need a carrier now but we haven't had the shower yet. My next OB appointment is on the 26th at 26 weeks and I feel like I'm going crazy as I too am having the not so active baby thing... but she will always move for her daddy. She loves to kick his face and if he talks to her even a little she gets super excited!!! She also has decided that when she flips over she wants to use my hips to push her feet on and stick her butt out toward my belly button... the pressure of her butt is fine but my sciatic nerve is not taking kindly to her acrobatics!

So irritated today... I have bought 2 new bras since I got pregnant... I went from a 36C to a 38C to a 38D to now a 42DD... and (according to my OB)my milk hasn't even come in yet!!!!

:hugs: sasha! I sometimes wonder if they'll ever stop growing! I bet your DH is loving it though :haha:

Well...I ended up being admitted to hospital the other night and stayed on the maternity ward. Today I had scans done to find out what was wrong. It turns out I have two conditions - hydronephrosis (inflammation of both kidneys) and costochondritis - inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs and breast bone. Both conditions cause extreme pain in ribs and both are linked to pregnancy. I'm so relieved to finally have some answers but, other than physio and continued pain medication, there's not a lot that can be done for it. The good new is they should disappear after birth though.

It's been an awful week but I'm so relieved it's over and I finally know what's wrong with me as that was probably the most stressful part-constantly worrying something was wrong with baby (who's absolutely fine despite his/her mummy's pain :) )

Thanks to you all for your support xxx

Sasha that sucks! I really hope mine don't get any bigger because that equals more money in bras and clothes. No thank you :nope:

Mamms I'm sooooo glad you got answers and everything is ok. Well, its going to be ok and that baby is ok! I really hope you get to feeling better soon :hugs:

Mammy... so glad you have that reassurance! I am so sorry about your being uncomfortable and stressed out, it really puts into perspective how different pregnancy can be from person to person (I am honestly embarrassed to have something so trivial to complain about while your hospitalized). I am so glad the symptoms should go away after the baby comes only 14ish weeks!!! I hope you find sething that alleviates at least some of your uncomfort!

Don't be daft Sasha, your problems are not trivial. I know how horrible big boobies can be and it is a worry - especially seen as they're only going to get bigger in the next wee while with the milk coming in. I know it doesn't work on the 'bigger boobs, more milk theory' but DH and I have been joking that baby will be getting a banquet every day and will probably be like the Michelin Man before long :haha: (if you haven't heard of him then google an image)

Xx

Aww mammy you poor thing, almost at 27 weeks and the home straight though!

Sasha I know what you mean, mine are going through a growth spurt again and I can't afford to buy more :-(

In other news, I found the pushchair I want. MIL is treating us bless her! It's not a fancy expensive one but ticks all our boxes in terms of pram/pushchair/car seat and will be great for saving space...
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_173904_10001

Any other purchases made ladies? I want to get started on the nursery in the next few weeks.

Missusgee - I LOVE that pushchair! We are still looking for ours but its something like that we are looking for - one that converts from carrycot to pram seat. Do you know if you can fold it with the pushchair still attached or do you need to take it off the chassis?

We have bought our cot and changer and it should be arriving on Monday. I can't wait for it to come. The mattress arrived the other day. It's so exciting! :) xx

Missus that's great. We were gifted a car seat then someone else has gifted us a stroller that fits out car seat. The inlaws are treating us to a changing table/book case... we really haven't had to buy anything.... besides the dang BRAS! Lol

Mammy- I am so glad you are excited about something... helps take your mind off the pain (I hope). Im getting excited too... its like all I want to do all day every day is work on getting everything ready for Anjelica :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->