Valentine's BfP ladies

I'm the same Sasha. I'm like a woman obsessed! Always thinking about what swing to get, how to decorate nursery, which pram to go for! If only I had unlimited cash to buy everything all at once! Our in laws are going to pay for our cot and changer and my parents are going to buy the pram so we've been very lucky also.

I quite like the OBaby Zezu Dotty Purple pram at the moment but we don't have a kiddicare store in Scotland and it doesn't seem to be stocked in the other baby shops. There's so much choice of everything! :shrug:

Xx

Hmm not sure about folding it with seat unit attached, I assume so but it's so easy click in unit it shouldn't be too much of a pain if I have to take it off hopefully.....

Mammy the zezu looks almost identical to the kiddicouture fizz, it's a great concept that will mean no need to store carrycot after 6 months. They deliver free over £30 from their website. Also loads of other great deals.

I cannot believe there is only 14 weeks to go!!!!

Hmm not sure about folding it with seat unit attached, I assume so but it's so easy click in unit it shouldn't be too much of a pain if I have to take it off hopefully.....

Mammy the zezu looks almost identical to the kiddicouture fizz, it's a great concept that will mean no need to store carrycot after 6 months. They deliver free over £30 from their website. Also loads of other great deals.

I cannot believe there is only 14 weeks to go!!!!

I know, third tri here we come :happydance:

Yeah I thought that when I saw it. In fact it's the zezu adaptors that the fizz uses to fit the maxi cosi car seat on it. Originally I wanted the mothercare My3 but it's being discontinued.

I'm not so worried about getting it delivered, just worried about returning it if it turns out I don't like it or of it doesn't fit in my boot. Much easier to see it in shop first but that's the joys of living in the Highlands of Scotland :dohh: xx

I have "15 weeks" left but I feel like she will be here early! I am sticking with my original date of October 24th personally but for the sake of the Doctors its still November 1st. Lol.

I went to review the area hubby rented for the baby shower... it is waaaayyy too small! There are 2 picnic tables and we can't bring in more and then there is a sign that says "no picnicking" how am I dupposed to accomodate 20+ people in that tiny area along with food... gifts... games!?

I have "15 weeks" left but I feel like she will be here early! I am sticking with my original date of October 24th personally but for the sake of the Doctors its still November 1st. Lol.

I went to review the area hubby rented for the baby shower... it is waaaayyy too small! There are 2 picnic tables and we can't bring in more and then there is a sign that says "no picnicking" how am I dupposed to accomodate 20+ people in that tiny area along with food... gifts... games!?

What makes you think you will go early Sasha?

Oh no! Men :dohh: what are you going to do?

I went floating at the swimming pool today with some of my friends who are also pregnant. It was so lovely to be in the water and the weather here is so fantastic we spent the whole time in the outdoor pool (a very rare treat in the Scottish Highlands) :haha: xx

Mams how lovely! I really want to go to a pool but the one I have access to is an hour away.

Sasha can you get a refund and find another place?

Hi everyone! I've been too hot and tired to reply for days - one night I even put DD to bed, came into our room, handed DH my clothes as he was sitting on my side of the bed and was asleep before he even put them down! As we've just had a huge storm it's wonderful and cool at only 22C so I feel so much better.

I'm sorry to hear about the pain you're in Mammy, I get the same with the breast bone sometimes but due do back injuries flaring up making me change my posture. It is horrible and I really sympathise.

JBell, I loved the photos! I like the house too and you look fantastic.

Sasha, I hope you get something arranged for the baby shower. If all else fails is there a nice park where you can have a picnic?

I recommend playing with any pram or pushchair you buy in a shop if you can, and make your DH have a go too. You know they'll never read instructions and the last thing you'll want is to be standing around whilst they manfully try to put it up or get it into the car! ;-)

As for bras, for me it has always been the ribcage expanding that has caused me to need new bras. I couldn't get on with non-unwired before I had DD so it got expensive. I went from 34E (34DD in my non-wired sports bra) to 36E. No idea what I was in the first months of BF as you can't get decent bras here but by the time DD was about 5 months old when we returned to the UK for the first time I was down to 34DD in non-wired nursing bras, so back to normal. In the first months of BF you probably go through 3 cup sizes a day depending on feeding and engorgement! I was measured in early June as 36E but I'm struggling now even with 36s as they feel too tight around the chest but my cup hasn't changed.

I can recommend a bra by Bravado, it is a nursing bra and super stretchy but the most supportive and comfy I have. It's like a t-shirt bra and after you can convert it to a normal t-shirt one with different clips. I have two, one small which I used for nursing DD, one large I got in June - is the only one that still fits comfortably as it stretches. The only downside is it sits high on the chest so you need something different for low cut or strappy tops.

For reference it is this bra... https://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/eu-es/body-silk-seamless-nursing-bra

I think I've started nesting. I had a mental cleaning and tidying day yesterday, I was possessed!

Unfortunatly they don't do refunds or exchanges and this IS at the park! o_O I don't know what I am going to do or how I will make it work! I am hopeing that if the people who have rented the other gazeebo get done in time I can just ask to use theirs for the rest of the day!

Also I think she will ne early becausre she has done EVERYTHING early during the entire pregnancy. Also I just have had this feeling since before the Drs knew I was pregnant that I was having a baby in October. Not to mention she is measuring at 26 weeks and not 25. :)

Thanks for bra selection Emma! I love anything that grows amd converts :D

Mammy the pool sounds nice. I live in southern California so there are pools everywhere but I keep on getting sunburnt so I am afraid to chance it. I went to the beach the other day though and finally tanned my legs a little... I also got some beautiful pictures of me and my bump :)

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/E540B904-orig_zps988af604.png

Sasha how beautiful! I really think you'll be able to get it worked out!

Emma thanks for the link. I need to start looking into nursing bras and shirts.

Emma - thanks for bra tips! :flower:

Sasha - sorry bout your park situation! Can you not have it outside and just ask to use picnic blankets or something? Surely that would mean more people could get in. If they get sniffy I would throw a pregnant woman tantrum :haha: also, lovely pic!

So today has been fab! So fab I'm going to right a list of all the fab things that have happened :)
- I had first physio and it was ace! She used a machine to reduce my internal swelling and gave me a rib massage which helped too!
- she's going to take me in every second day to keep doing this! :happydance:
- she's also going to arrange hydrotherapy for me
- I found a shop near me that sells nice maternity clothes and got skinny jeans and a top that says 'has anyone seen my feet' :haha:
- two of my friends who live 3 hrs away came up for a drive and we had lunch and chilled in my garden
- my cot and changer arrived - cot is now built and changer is on its way
- I found someone nearby who has the pram I'm thinking of buying so I can go and see it tomorrow after I get out of day ward at the hospital (I have to go into day ward every few days to check progress)

...that's it so far but all this means I am one VERY happy pregnant lady! :happydance: xxx

Ooh...I also meant to put up a bump shot last week so will do that now. This was me at 25 weeks + 4 days x

P.s. sorry for face obscurity! Not deliberate I'm just not the best at iPad selfies :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
Sounds like a great day mams! There is nothing better than a happy pregnant lady! And cute pic btw :)

Baby brain must be getting to me - apparently I forgot to actually submit my reply before closing my browser!

I'm glad you had a great day, Mammy!

I love the bump photos. Sasha, yours is something to treasure, I really wish I had some as precious! Mammy, yours might not be framing material with your head obscured like that but your bump looks fab!

My latest is on here: https://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Emma_Hatton/story/62573. I wish I had got DH to cut my head off (in the pic, I mean), I look hideous, my fringe is a mess and you can see right up my nose! :blush: :dohh:

Is anyone else gaining pregnancy weight on their arms? I hate these capped sleeve tops for making it look worse but didn't have much choice really!

How are the leaky boobies from a few months ago as well? Though not noticeably leaking, I keep feeling my nipples prickling as if they are trying to. I am getting a bit desperate to find some time to go online later and buy some pads. My personal favourites were Lansinoh ones which I can't get here. They are nice and thin, big enough that you don't have two circles showing through your top and have two sticky strips which help them not to fall out when you fold back your nursing bra but I've never found any that are really sticky, so if anyone does find some, please let me know.

Mammy- so glad you found a way to feel better and your bump is coming along beautifully!

Emma thanks... my picture wasn't initially as "frame ready"... I was at the beach and a friend took it so I touched it up and that's what you see. I have always loved art and photo editing so if you (or anyone) want to have me work on some photos of your pregnancy I can! Also I am having trouble finding pads but so far I don't leak as long as I have a supportive bra on otherwise it looks like twin waterfalls down my top! Lol

In other news I had my glucose test Tuesday then was called in on my day off to work a full shift where I recieved an URGENT message to call my OB. I stepped away to make the call and when finally they picked up to deliver my message they said "oh well we got your test results and you don't have gestational diabetes or anemia." It was very irritating as I'm used to the "no news IS good news" rule with Drs. Following that I went into work yesterday and they had me work 9.5 paid hours on my feet(for a total of 10hrs at work). Today I am being promoted and trained to train our trainees! :) But starting tomorrow and over the next month there will only be 2 of us that are fully trained working to close which means overtime. In other words I am going to be exhausted but have money for Anjelica! :)

Just try not to over do it! Don't skip breaks and rest well when you have time off!

Hi everyone, lost track of posts again sorry!

Hope you're all good and taking it easy!?

Just a little update from me, my bbs have finally started leaking, ewwwww! Totally freaked me out! Haha

Little junior has been really active the last few weeks, anyone else had the same?

Also had my glucose test yesterday, should get results back in 3 days....

Hey missus! Welcome to the third trimester :happydance:

I'm still waiting for any boob leakage, so far there's been nothing. My little one has been rather quiet the last few days and I've been as hungry as a horse so I'm wondering if he/she is going though some sort of growth spurt as, my understanding is, when they go through a growth spurt when they're little babies they tend to sleep more so maybe it happens in the womb too (although I could be just making all that up :haha: )

How is everyone else? Sasha, well done on promotion but, like Emma said, try not to do too much! :hugs:

We have decided to go for the OBaby Zezu pram as we saw one and it fits in my rather small boot and does everything I need it to. We want a coloured pram but can't decide on the dark purple dotty or red dotty as we want one that'll be ok for boy or girl. Which one do you ladies think is more gender neutral?

Red Dotty:
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_102272_10001

Or purple dotty:
https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_102415_10001

I posted in the third tri section too but just trying to get lots of different opinions to see what the general consensus is. :) xxx

Mamms I like the red one a lot...but I'm partial to red. We are getting a red car seat and red pack and play. I think you could get away with the red if it were a boy or girl, while the purple is more for a girl? :shrug:

Miss good luck on your glucose test. Those drinks are just awful! Sam has been extremely active the last few days. I'm hoping he's not running out of room already.

Sasha congrats on your promotion but make sure you take it easy :) I'm sure you'll do an excellent job. And I HATE when doctors do that crap. It's like seriously why are you trying to freak me out? :grr:

Emma your pictures look great! You wear pregnancy very well. My bbs haven't started leaking at all yet. I hope it holds off awhile yet. But when they do I have some of the Lansinoh breast pads ready and waiting! I've heard great things about that brand.

As for me, school starts Friday...ugh. I hate these few days leading up because it just hangs over your head like a bad omen. I am ready to get back in the grove though as it means Sam will be here all the sooner. I've also taken up yoga, pilates, and belly dancing to help me with labor. I'm reading "Birthing from Within" as I want a natural childbirth. I'd prefer to have him here at home but unlike the UK and the Isles its pretty much unheard of and, honestly, looked down on, here in the states. Its pretty dumb if you ask me as we have some pretty crappy statistics as far as healthy natural births that happen in a hospital. But whatever, DH is up for anything and has even been reading the excerpts I recommend from my book. :) Can you believe we are in the third trimester and only 3 months left :thumbup:

It's amazing isn't it! Just seems like yesterday we were all getting our positive test results and here we are, all doing well in the grand scheme of things!

Mammy, I went for purple as its my favourite colour colour and will hide dirt well I hope, I think both colours are good for either gender!

Been looking at nursery ideas all afternoon, think I'm going with a space theme for our little boy :-D

Also my DH bought me a huge body pillow today, going to friends this evening but can't wait to come home and use it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->