Valentine's BfP ladies

Bam... tell your baby it isnt time to come out yet! I hope your monitoring goes well and your little womb ninja stops being so impatient!

Ditto Sasha! Bam I'll be thinking about you! Tell baby boy to hang in there! I know he wants to meet you but he's got grow some more! :hugs:

Hello ladies! :) just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone is. I believe Bam started something. I was admitted to labor and delivery for contractions 40 seconds long and 6 minutes apart! It was a little worrisome but it eventually passed and they found out it was due to a minor bladder infection. I am feeling much better and Anjelica didn't mind it at all, they hooked her up to a heart monitor and she kept kicking it like a soccer ball... then she got epic hiccups that lasted forever, she was literally moving for 3 hours nonstop which didn't help the contractions.

In other news I was freaked out enough from the experience to actually sign up for all of my baby classes, a maternity tour of my hospital and a meeting with the pediatrics department to choose who I want to care for my daughter.

Also the baby shower is a week away and I am so excited. Everything is falling into place and it is going to be a wonderful day! I will post pictures of the favors, decorations, cake (which I am making) and games etc. after the shower.

I really want updates of whats going on with you guys too :)

Wow sasha glad to hear you are both ok now, scary! So exciting everything happening now isn't it!

We have been decorating nursery this weekend, still finishing touches to do but I'm so happy it's pretty much done. I also need to book in to some classes, I've been quite nervous about doing them for some reason but think it will help both me and particularly DH to mentally prepare!

I have another midwife appt on Tuesday so hopefully junior is growing right amount. Some days I feel huge and others I feel flatter and not much at all. Strange.

Bam and Sasha, so sorry about your scary experiences! hugs to you both and glad your wee tikes are staying put despite their eagerness to meet Mama and Dada :)

Missus, I feel the same about my bump! I can easily go through a day and be told by 3 people I look huge and another 3 that I'm small and really neat :shrug: I've given up listening now lol!

I am doing MUCH better this last week and have managed to get some decent sleep thanks to the acupuncture my physio has started giving me! I'm not much of a 'home/herbal remedies' kind of girl due to ignorance mainly but, my God, it works far better than any amout of dihydrocodeine I've been given! Although I stupidly got my whooping cough injection on the only side I can sleep on :dohh: so the last couple of nights haven't been so good but I'm sure it'll die down soon! I have a very impressive mark on my arm though, I'm really very proud of it :haha:

My nursery is nearly done, I'm just waiting on my dad to do some wallpapering and then I'll be all set. Can't wait to take some pics and show you all. I'm back to work tomorrow so hoping that'll make the next few weeks pass in a blur so I get a bit closer to baby time! I do feel like after 30 weeks it's the home-stretch though :happydance:

Hugs to you all xxx

Missus. I had the same reservations. I felt like taking the classes made it even more real. Like if I didn't take the classes then I could hold off on labor till I could handle it. That's why going to the hospital was such a wake up call! I'm very excited about the classes now that I have signed up though!

Mammy- its so weird how eceryone has annopinion about EXACTLY how your supposed to look and carry while pregnant. MIL*is so certain that I need to have 4 finger lengths between my breasts and my belly and then I will be ready to pop! She measures the length every few days and says that I am carrying way too low. It makes me giggle because I still have over 10 weeks left AND everybody is different.

I'm so excited for you ladies and your nurseries... I haven't even started on mine. I figure I'm staying at home so I hace 10 more weeks to get it done. Not to mention I am not sure what we are getting from the shower and I want to organize everything after we know. Make sure to share your baby spaces I can't wait to see them.

Hi everyone, you all doing ok?

So I've booked in to my antenatal classes which are in a few weeks. I'm quite excited now I've done it!

Had my midwife appt on Tuesday, ended up seeing ANOTHER new lady who I found really strange, didn't feel comfortable talking to her and just wanted to leave. I'm so upset and fed up now as I've had no continuity and don't feel like I've been able to build a bond in order to feel comfortable asking questions and get support. Only a few appts left so not much will change.

On top of that my OH is being a complete area and not being interested/supportive emotionally. Just feel like I'm going through this alone :-(

Rang up hospital as I was told we can have a tour of the ward...turns out its all done virtually online, took a look and it's rubbish, really doesn't help. I just feel lost, totally clueless and unprepared in every way!

Hi Everyone,

Missus, I realise that you probably can't change anything, but you should certainly register your dissatisfaction with the practice manager so that they know - with enough complaints they will have to do something. It was one of the things I didn't like much in the UK. I liked the constancy of having my Gyn always there for my appointments last time but when it came to the labour she was with someone else anyway so I was with the midwives, over the 48 hours I was in an out (my waters broke then labour stalled) I met most of the midwives. At least by meeting them all now you will be less likely to have a stranger.

Bam, Sasha, hope you're both still okay. :hugs:

I've also had a weird experience. Not last week but the week before, I had 1/2 hour of really painful contractions but they were 30s long and only 1 min apart, not like true labour. I couldn't get hold of anyone at the surgery, drove past on my way home and it was shut. When I found the midwives number there was no answer there either. Eventually I decided that I would just wait and go to emergency if it started again which it didn't. The doc was a bit cross with me though but if no one picks up... :shrug: Anyway, a vaginal US showed that my cervix was still long. In fact the doctor said that all the symptoms I was feeling would improve if I cooled down a bit so I went off to my holiday in the mountains feeling much happier! My blood tests for the glucose were clear and I was suffering with dilutional anaemia. As my iron is normal I've been trying to make sure I take my vitamins so my folic acid and B vitamins are high enough to help absorb it.

The forecast here has gone back down to highs of 31C which I can finally cope with!

I have 3 weeks left in work WOOOOO HOOOO! :happydance:

Missus- so glad you signed up for classes. They will help you feel more prepared. I am sorry your so emotionally compromised right now, I am feeling much the same and my Dr and MIL said it is normal! We don't have too long left before our babies are here and we get to go crazy in a different way!

Emma- I am still doing well. The contractions are getting easier to notice and avoid them getting so bad. I am sorry you had a scare and couldn't get ahold of anyone, I would be freaking out. I'm also glad your forcast is getting cooler... we ate still very very hot here, I have been getting dizzy spells and heay rashes, its aweful. Im glad you are going on leave soon. I am still off work and getting impatient with the whole sitting around waiting thing.

MIL wants to decorate the nursery and I am having trouble getting her to understand that I want to do it. But she has helped me so much with the baby shower I just had (hubby let slip that she is planning a surprise one too) that I can't bring myself to say no to her. Besides that I have a baby care class and OB appointment this week then an appointment to meet the pediatrician next week followed by my birthing classes that last 5 weeks! Busy busy!

Sasha - maybe you can say that you have really been appreciating all her help and that you would appreciate her helping you when you decorate the nursery as you are bound to find some things difficult and will need to be reminded to take breaks, etc...

It might help her feel wanted but remind her you are in charge! :)

I have to ring today about my birthing classes, I didn't have any last time as I moved surgeries too late. I'm looking forward to them - not sure what to do with DD whilst I go though! :)

Emma- some classes include a daycare for other children maybe you can ask around.

I had an appointment this morning with my OB and I am now being watched for worsening symptoms of preeclampsia. I have to take a 24 hr urine test to verify but my blood pressure jumped from 101/60 to 133/81 its still normal but very high for me. I have also had worsening headaches for 6 days and my feet have grown 2 1/2 sizes from swelling not to mention weight gain of 3 lbs in 4 days! According to my OB it is a very mild case so far but if it worsens we will have to deliver Anjelica early. With all that said, Anjelica is a very healthy and very happy baby (super active). I am very happy that no matter what's happening to me my baby girl is healthy and happy!

Oh god, so sorry for you Sasha! When will you know for sure? What a stressful thing to go through! :hugs:

We've now finished our antenatal classes (they're called parentcraft here). I found them quite helpful and DH quite enjoyed them too. We were in buying all the wee last minute things like maternity pads and stuff. We filled the boot of the car lol :)

How's everyone else holding up? Not long to go now... :) xx

We will know for sure next week mammy, in the meantime I am on bedrest which is rough because it is so hot here.

I am soo jealous of your shopping mammy, I am still waiting on a few people who refuse to tell me what they are getting us so I don't know what we still need... plus bedrest lol.

I can't believe we are all past the 3/4 mark! My MIL thinks I will have Anjelica 2 weeks early

We don't get any gifts until after baby is born here so I've just got all the essentials myself and left a few things I don't mind waiting for (bouncy seat, monitor, sling etc) and will get them with gift money. Most people just give clothes or money over here rather than big things.

My midwife and physio want to induce me 2 weeks early but I'm refusing because I'm terrified of being put on pitocin lol. I would go for it if baby was at any risk but with me it's only because of my broken ribs (they're now completely apart from my breastbone) and my pain so I'm just going to try and keep going coz it would only be for another 2 weeks or so after that.

Hope you get some good news hun xx

Owwww! I admire your selflessness. I feel bad about taking a tylenol but I still do it!

Owwww! I admire your selflessness. I feel bad about taking a tylenol but I still do it!

Oh I'm still on co-codamol 2-3 times a week and getting acupuncture every week. It's more because I'm a coward than selfless lol :haha: I've just heard that pitocin makes things much more painful and that gives me the heeby jeebies! :rofl:

Is anyone else now getting leg cramps when sleeping? I've given my DH about 4 minor heart attacks by jumping out of bed, shouting like a banshee when they happen lol :dohh: I've upped my salt levels and I'm going to try and take tonic water for the quinine in it (even although I can't stand tonic water...unless it has a large measure of gin mixed into it :thumbup:) any other remedies? Xx

Sasha, i really hope that your BP stays put where it is. FX.

Mammy, I'm also still terrified of being induced as I had problems going into labour last time eventually I had no choice but to be prepped for induction/c-s and was given an epidural as the first step, fortunately that wasn't as terrifying as I'd expected and I never needed the induction or c-s but I still have no idea what to even expect from full labour!

Calf cramps! They're back for me too along with heartburn most of the day. I don't know any remedies other than leaping out of bed yelling and trying to get my heels back on the floor! If the tonic works, let me know!

I'm so happy we're so close at last!

Emma, is it normal to get epidural there if you are going to be induced? Here it is a 3 stage process - pessary, break waters then if no success pitocin drip.

I don't mind the first 2 but they strongly recommend you get epidural if you end up on pitocin drip. I would much prefer to try and go natural but I can't use pethidine or diamorphine due to allergies so can only really use gas and air and afraid that won't be enough with the pitocin. :-/ xx

Wow slot going on girls!

Sasha hope you're ok, your little lady is healthy so that's the important thing. Keep us updated!

Yep my legs are cramping, more specifically my inner thigh (especially when dtd!!) and by toes/feet. Also the past few days my sciatic nerve is playing up.

Heartburn comes a d goes, mostly depending on what I've eaten.

We have most bits now, my mum bought us the bt pacifier monitor that plays lullibys and projects stars on ceiling. Just need to stock up on essentials and pack hospital bags. Eeeek!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->