Valentine's BfP ladies

Emma that is wonderful news!!!! So excited! Can't believe it's nearly time for you!! Keep us updated- hope constipation subsides!

Missus- fingers crossed Hun- it may all just happen at once for you!!!

I have had no symptoms since my show except more mucus plug and a little pressure!! Common babies!!!!!!

How exciting! Things are starting to happen. Other than feeling miserable and being frustrated with these random pains and whatever they are I've had nothing. I'm at the doctor now so we'll see what he says.

Emma- you hijack away... I am sure we are living vicariously through you right now!

Missus- really hope it starts progressing more for you!

JBell- same kind of boat hun... not much exciting! But it will get there

AFM- I saw dr today... less than half cm dialated still only 50% effaced and very high cervix... Anjelica went from a -2 to a -3 station so she doesnt want to come out no matter how much I pester her...

One of my close friends is 39+5 and she went bowling the same night I did... her water broke at 940 this morning so I'm very jealous!!! And that is that!

Keep me updated ladies... I feel like I may be stuck here for another 3 weeks!

Sasha I'm sorry. You could totally go into labor at anytime! One of my doctors won't even do cervical exams because he says they don't tell you anything.

My other doctor however likes to do them and I just got checked. I'm 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced! It's just encouraging to know that all these pains and what I thought were contractions are and that they are actually doing something!

I'm feeling really fed up. Nothing much this evening but with a chattering MIL, tired and stroppy toddler I'm not surprised. I slept for hours as they thought it would help. I think I've cleared my bowel (though scary to use the suppository gel was great, so fast acting) may well have filled it full of chilli and rice but that's the nature of things!

I just had a warm bath and afterwards got paranoid my waters were leaking but it was the biggest bit of show yet which raised my spirits!

Jbell, that's great news! I knew all this wasn't in vain!

Sasha, that's still doing better than when I went into labour with DD. How dilated you are makes little difference to when you go into labour but it does mean your body is preparing and doesn't have to do that bit of work on the day!

FX for more symptoms for everyone!

Hi ladies, sorry I've been so rubbish at keeping in touch. Haven't read through messages properly but just a quick update to let you know baby Aibhlin (pronounced Avelyn) and I were discharged on Tues pm only to be readmitted on Wednesday am as she had jaundice and had to go under the lamp. Still in hosp but hoping for home in morning. feeding going so-so, first 2 days were HARD but much better since! Will update properly and read through when we are home and settled. Xx

So glad she is getting better and that feeding is too. Don't worry about us we are just hanging around ;)

Love her name btw! Hope to see pictures soon.

Mammy I am sensing warm thought to you and your brand new baby girl just keep in touch when you can and don't worry about us for now :)

Gorgeous name! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics, and hope she's making a speedy recovery xxx

Congrats Mammy! I also love your name choice! I hope you get out of hospital soon so you can enjoy baby girl at home! Stay well xxx

Ps, haven't read everything but my labour was all in bum and felt like constipation and pressure down there rather than in tummy so here's hoping ladies x

Mammy it's great to hear from you. Hope your LO is better soon and you get to go back home!

Funny you say that your labour was all in the bum as I'm now terrified. At the risk of tmi, I have a really bad case of haemarrhoids :-( started yesterday evening and has got worse overnight. Kept me awake all night and in so much pain this morning I'm a sobbing mess. DH ran me a bath to help and I've just called local nurse who says she needs to pass it on to the make Dr in the next village. Oh I'm so embarrassed! Nurse said it's a sign of imminent labour but right now I reeeeeally don't want it to happen until I get this sorted :-(

Aww miss I'm sorry. It's nothing to be embarrassed about as I'm sure there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. I hope they can give you something or do something to ease your pain.

AFM I've had tons of random and painful contractions waking me up all night. unfortunately they are gone. Oh well nothing can get me down today as its my last day of work! :happydance:

Aww missus! I had one pop out the day before yesterday too, the first day I was constipated and I had been trying so hard to avoid them. I had had them a few weeks after DD was born last time, or at least that's when I noticed them.

I was stupidly too embarrassed to get them treated before but now I know that they are incredibly common for pregnant and recently pregnant women I am happier about it this time! The sooner you get something for them the better. X

I have had several painful contractions overnight and this morning but nothing regular. Really gutted, after all yesterday's educated opinions I thought I'd be holding my baby by now!

Thanks girls, pregnancy is just soooo glamorous! So much so I'm led in bed with a bag of frozen peas between my butt cheeks. I kid you not!

Aww Emma sorry you are still waiting, these babies are in no rush are they!?

They aren't at all are they!

Lol! Keep the peas handy! I had some stitches after DD was born and you also feel a bit bruised. I'd never heard of doing this before but the nurses would bring a rubber glove filed with ice and stick it inside one of the gauze and cotton wool type of maternity pads for me to wear. I highly recommend it for local pain relief! Just make sure there's some fabric between you and the ice pack!

Missus - don't be embarrassed! It's so common. I just hope it doesn't cause you too much grief. I'm sure it will be fine as you can treat it now!

Emma- sorry lovely! I honestly thought your angel would have been here by now too! Hopefully today FX!!

Mammy- a bit jealous that you have 'Done' the whole labour thing already!! I'm so nervous but not letting myself get scared!!

Jbell- congrats on finishing work dear!!

It has now been over 48 hours since my bloody show and nothing.. Barely a twinge!! Hehe

My bloody show is going on and on but I'm kind of glad. I was about to go for a walk (between showers - so glad the rain has started) but thought I'd shower and decided to give myself another "unbunging" treatment first. What's wrong with me?! Now I don't want to stray far from the toilet and I want this walk desperately to see if it'll get these contractions going more effectively.

Are you doing anything special to celebrate, JBell?

Nope lol. My principal just sent me home. So went and got some breakfast and now I'm going to play some video games and bounce on my ball.

Emma it can't be too long now!

I feel great for my walk! Whether it will do anything or not I don't know! I went much further than I intended as someone has been fixing fences so I couldn't get back onto the estate I live on easily and was bugged by flies all along the field edges instead. The pressure felt unbearable at first but the peace and quiet and just moving a bit was great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->