Valentine's BfP ladies

Ok I think I just lost my plug or part of it. There was a huge glob of mucous in the toliet, probably about the size of a half dollar. It had a teeny streak of blood in it. Could that be it?

Lol! I don't feel very brave! Though at least choosing the epidural this time means that I don't feel cheated of an experience which I did after DD's birth.

I think that was my most important lesson. I made a birth plan last time but didn't have the knowledge to consider anything other than straightforward natural or emcs. When things started out with my waters breaking before any contractions I was straight out of my depth. This time I had a much more open mind. Instead of having a mental list of ways they weren't going to interfere, my main goal this time was just to have only the intervention necessary to give both of us a safe birth. I can't say how happy I was to live in a day and age, and country where I had the support I did.

I can't be happier with how this birth turned out.

Thanks for sharing Emma! Sorry it was so long and traumatic for you but glad the epidural helped you! It's amazing how different an experience birth and the different forms of pain relief can be for each individual woman and even each birth for the same woman.

Hope little Edwin is doing well! My LO is being a little angel today! The only problem I've had in the last couple of days is trapped wind which seems to be passing through to baby at times but otherwise all us good xx

Emma thanks for sharing! I spoke with my DH this morning about the different things that could happen and it really helped open a dialogue for how to handle different things. I (like your first) had only one idea of how I wanted things to go but I'm glad to have your story to help me adapt!

Jbell fx that you will get things moving... we both have an appointment tomorrow! Yay

Miss- how are you feeling hun? When is your next appointment again?

Mammy so glad you are having a good time and lo is being so good!

Afm- had some contractions last night before bed, DH made me lay down and sleep through them. I woke up a million times feeling like my tummy was being used as a punching bag. Continued the contractions all day but they haven't gotten closer than 8 minutes and no other symptoms (mucus, diarrhea, etc.) Though I have had them for about 15 hrs now and my back and tummy have had about enough! But my vest friend just got back from a vacation and suggested we go to a furniture store to look at bed frames and bounce on the mattresses so we will see if that helps at all!

Good luck, Sasha! I hope the bouncing helps!

Mammy, I can't get over how different my two children are. I used to think that DD was really good and never cried but that was only if we didn't try to put her down! You could almost forget baby is here because he'll go down to sleep good as gold!

Feeling ok sasha, definitely noticed a step up in what is probably Braxton hicks, feeling achy and niggling back ache so hoping so much he's on his way. Still no bloody show or waters but slot of pressure when I walk around.

Next official appt next Tuesday with my midwife who is currently on holiday, but stand in midwife who I saw yesterday said to call her on weekend and I could see her for another sweep and book induction if no signs.

I am gobbling up raspberry leaf capsules and lots of pineapple.

Ooh having another bout of back ache and tightening of bump!

Oooh! Good luck all round!

I'm off to bed early tonight I'm shattered. I also can't stand the fact I'm smelling of spilt milk despite washing and clean clothes! :)

How are you all today?

I've just sent DD off to nursery as a little witch she looks so cute, not at all scary!

Aww cute Emma! I keep forgetting it's Halloween today, I just refer to it as 'day 5'!

Feeling ok, lots of BH overnight and lower back ache, but no major developments. Had a warm bath, and going to spend the day bouncing and consuming raspberry leaf and pineapple. I honestly never thought I would still be waiting at this stage.

You and me both miss!

Emma you should have posted a picture. Would love to see her cute outfit!

So. I have been admitted to labor and delivery(wrotd this between contractuons so forgive me)!

My story (so far)-My contractions became 45-90 seconds ever 5 minutes at around 10 oclock. So we called and they told us to come in, we rode all the way to the hospital where I decided to ignored them and go home. I took 2 tylenol and a benadryl to help me sleep. I finally drifted off for about 45 minutes when I was awoken by another contraction... again I tried to sleep but after tossing and turning for another 45 minutes I began timing my contractions again.... this time they were 60 seconds long 3 1/2-4 minutes. I woke up DH and told him we should go to the hospital. When we arrived (3hrs later than expected) the nurse checked us in and told me right off that bat that she knew I was staying. She had the midwife check me and I had gone from completely closed to 3 1/2 cm.

I am now in my little l&d room hanging out and waiting. The contractions continue to get closer together and stronger. Unfortunately I have high bp and extream swelling so I can't move around much to cope with the pain. Because of that fact I have decided to take a pain medicine through my IV (I have had 45 minutes of sleep in just under 24 hrs and I'm already exhausted). The nurse thinks I will have Anjelica by early afternoon so I have a long ways to go!

So my time frame is this(more for me than you but may be helpful)-
Oct 29 irregular cx @ 10pm
Oct 30 irregular cx continue, cx become 8-10 min apart @ 3pm, cx 45-90 sec every 5 minutes @ 10pm
Oct 31 cx 60 sec every 3 1/2 minutes @ 2 am

Will keep you updated as we progress :)

Great news sasha, and thanks for the timeframe on contractions, it's interesting to see progression and when to take action.

Looking forward to updates.

Btw I'm sooo going to be last to pop :-D

I had the epidural... much sooner than I thought I would. Good lord I have been able to sleep for an hour even though my contractions are off the chart intense!

Contractions started up at 10:30am. For the past 2 hours I've been having contractions every 3-4 minutes and they are lasting about 1 minute long. I've had two bouts of bloody show. Still at home trying to get them closer together.

Ooft it's all happening on here today! How many Halloween babies are we going to have? :) good luck ladies! It's a race to the finish line xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->