Valentine's BfP ladies

I'm fully dialated and effaced... Anjelica is at a 0 and dr says we will start pushing in the next hour!

Yay! I can't believe you are so relaxed you can still update us! :)

And... Happy Halloween (not sure how the tongue got involved in the cackle)!

Attachments

• P1080199.jpg
    P1080199.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
At an 8 and fully effaced. He'll be here soon! Hurray for epidurals!

It's all going on tonight! Good luck!

Edwin had his first appointment with his paediatrician who said his tiny weight but average length were typical of a pregnancy where the placenta is aging and stops passing enough nutrients to the baby. And amazingly his weight has gone from:

Day 0: 2660g
Day 2: 2520g
Day 5: 2710g

He's already made his birthweight back and more!

Samuel Kash born 10/31/13 after 13 hours of labor at 11:25pm at 8lb 10 oz

Wow jbell congrats...

Anjelica Lynn born 10/31/13 @ 5:35 pm @ 6 lb 7 oz!

We have twinner babies!!!!!!

So happy for you emma... and your daughter makes a super cute witch!!!

Has anyone heard from Bam??? Also Miss how are you holding up hun??

Congratulations to you both! I look forward to seeing some photographs when you're up to it.

Congratulations both, great news you have Halloween pumpkins!

No change here, getting really down about it bit don't want to offload here as my negativity is not what you all need at the moment!

Can't wait for birth stories and pics!

:-D xx

:hugs:

Whatever happens they don't stay in forever! Yours will be here before you know it. A lack of symptoms doesn't mean he's miles off, your labour might just start more suddenly. FX for a quick arrival.

Miss if it helps at all I didn't even think i was really in labor.. like I said I went to the hospital then turned around and went back home!

Little update... Anjelica is breastfeeding beautifully... I am hungry as a hippo... DH is thrilled and exhausted but I can't seem to let lo out of my sight!!

:hugs: missus and bam!!

Congratulations Sasha and JBell on your little Halloween babas!!

I can't believe you guys were updating when you were getting ready to push! I am amazed at the power of an epidural! There is no way I could have done that! All I was aware of at that time was breathing through my contractions and where my 'gas and air man' was (more commonly known as my husband) :haha: although, weirdly, I'm perversely proud of that now lol! Xx

That's great to hear sasha, you must be a natural!

I hear what your saying Emma, but I just feel a total failure. Ridiculous I know but I just keep saying to myself 'what am I doing wrong!?'. I think the problem is that I can see the only birth plan I had slipping away and I'm totally out of control to do anything about it. Trying so hard to stay calm but I'm a blubbing messy!

Never thought I'd have a November baby!

It probably won't help at the moment but I couldn't stop apologising to DH for being a failure and not laboring properly either time. Also because I felt responsible for Edwin being so small. I think it does all get a bit much.

Ok so birth story... so I went to the doctor at 8:30. I was dilated to 4 cm but no contractions. Doc said I could wait until Monday to be induced and he did a sweep then put me on the fetal monitor for an nst. Sam's heart rate looked great but I thought I was having contractions about ten minutes apart. Doc said yeah but we both agreed that it was probably a result of the sweep and it would stop. So we left the doctor at about 11 and got some breakfast. When we got home I started timing them and they were 5 minutes apart. So I started walking and bouncing on the ball. At about 2:30 they started coming at about 2 minutes apart and lasting a minute long. I hung out at the house until about 3:30 and they got so intense I started freaking out. I called my mom and she said I needed to go to the hospital. So I got checked again at 4pm and I was only a 5. I was really disappointed but stayed at the hospital and walked the halls and bounced. I felt like I was having good contractions and they were getting even worse. I was having a ton of bloody show and I felt like I must be dilating really well. At about 7 the contractions were getting really hard to get through and I asked to be checked again. I was only at a 6. So from 10:30-7 I had only dilated 2 cm. I was gutted and decided to get the epidural for a few reasons. One was the nurse said that I wasn't dilating because you have to relax completely during contractions and it was really hard to do. The other was my mom told me it would only get worse. Plus I was so tired and I just wanted to rest. I was afraid if I kept going like this that when it came time to push I would be to tired and end up with a section.

Man epidurals are amazing! It didn't hurt to get it, the iv hurt worse. I also liked it because I had it turned down where I could still move and feel my legs. So I got the epidural at about 8pm and I went from a 6 to a 10 in about 2 1/2 hours. It was fantastic. Even pushing wasn't that bad and I got him out in about 45 minutes with a second degree tear.

He was born at 11:25 on Halloween at 8lb 10 oz measuring 20.5 inches and he is perfect I'm every way. He is such a good baby and is very alert but sleeps and eats really well. We are having some struggles latching but we are getting through them and he is eating really well.

I am so in love! I'm also so pleased with my birth experience and would do it all over again.

Mams you are a super woman to go with no epidural. Damn right you be proud!

Sasha congratulations and I can't believe how many babies were born yesterday! The music signifies a birth went off at least 8 times last night! I'm glad Anjelica is doing so well :)

Miss hang in there :hugs: You are not a failure! When is your next appointment?

Ahh jbell what a week you've had. So glad the epidural worked so well for you. Can't wait to see a pic of Sam!

I'm going to call midwife team in a minute to see if I can get another sweep tomorrow, even if it's just to see if my cervix has changed. I've tried all the things that can help, I've now given up!

Thanks for sharing that JBell. It's interesting to read that the epidural worked the same way for you as for me.

I have been saying there's no way I'm having a third but actually I'm secretly concocting a birth plan in my head, just in case, and this time it actually includes an epidural!

I'm sorry but I have to have a rant and I don't even know where to begin. Getting MIL over was a huge mistake, as lazy as she is I wish I'd got my mum. My mum actually had mental health problems but is saner than MIL. She's been a complete bitch, she drove a wedge between DH and me to the point at which he told me I had been "a brat when we met, a brat throughout the pregnancy and a brat now" the only time I hadn't been was when I was carrying Noelle - yeah the point when he was a total cock to me and I was terrified I was about to be alone. This all began because I was trying to make a party for DD's birthday, I wanted to sing to her, share cake with her, open her gifts and cards, take photos for my family, etc. So we had a birthday where MIL was trying to be the centre of attention and was noisily crying and making a fuss, I was left in tears thinking I was about to be on my own (this was day three, right as the third day blues hit). He mentioned me storming or if the house when MIL was being noisy on the phone, I was like... excuse me, I was in labour! He knew I'd gone for quiet but chose to side with her.

Last night she looked after DD whilst we took DS to doc and made such a f-of fuss about DD asking for the potty every 2 mins and playing her up. It's what she does, she usually uses it too, she's only 2 FFS.

It's been going on and on like that.

I said sorry to MIL earlier for cooking food for us whilstshe was upstairs, not for what I cooked as she is coeliac with lactose intolerance but for eating a meal without her. Only she flew off the handle about it.

She has made nasty comments about what I choose to watch on TV, very little, but I love archaeology programmes.

I thought I was going mad and I was imagining all the bitchiness but I wasn't, DH looked shocked and then said she'd been like it all day. I guess he hasn't realised she's been doing it the whole time.

DH told me not to worry it was only a few more days, dare I hope she's going early?

As much of a favour as she's done us with staying to look after Noelle when we had to go in, I don't want anything more to do with her.

Rant over - wish I felt better for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->