Valentine's BfP ladies

Fantastic news Missus! Good luck with everything and I how you soon have your little baby to and help you forget all about it!

Bambola! Don't they know giving patients no Internet means you have worried friends on the other side of the world?! I'm so glad you're okay and back at home. Little Frank is very handsome!

I had pain for the first 3 weeks with DD then it suddenly went. However, I understand that might have been down to a bad technique as I never had help with it, I just went by what I read. If it continues to hurt, try a lactation consultant if you haven't already. I'm not having so much pain that time, for me the worst has been the pain of the womb contracting as I feed - glad it's stopped now.

Miss yayayayayayay!!!!!! So exciting let us know all about it when you can :D

Oh also Bam... I have gotten a nipple shield it is a silicon pad that covers the nipple(works almost like a funnel) it helps baby latch and it doesn't hurt at all. I have severe breast engorgment and flat nipples so I was worried I wouldn't get Anjelica to feed but this shield was an amazing help. I am actually headed to buy another one as it is so easy and so beneficial(feedings were frustrating and took forever and now they take 15 minutes with virtually no issue).. the one down side is the bubbles in lo's tummy but those are easy enough to get out!

Here is a link to learn more:
https://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/tips-and-solutions/112/nipple-shields

I use the contact shield so that she can still feel my breast and smell the nipple. It isn't for everyone but I think it is fantastic.

Woohoo miss! :happydance: Keep us up to date!

Bam another tid bit is lanolin. It is awesome as it nourishes your nipples and keeps them from drying out. Also try and make sure his bottom lip is stuck out like he is pouting and that his top lip isn't getting sucked in. Hope that helps.

My milk came in last night. My boobs are huge and rock hard!

Hi girls, just a quick update. Following my waters breaking I pretty much had immediate contractions but all in my back so after a 4 1/2 wait at hospital they sent me home to 'progress further'. I'm in so much agony with each one but they didn't want to dive in with pain relief too early so I'm at home with some useless paracetamol. Ouch they hurt!

Both me and DH are exhausted after no sleep so just trying to nap a bit. If I'm still struggling by this evening we'll head back in so I can get stronger pain relief. Induction booked for 9am tomorrow now.

Oh miss hang in there! I'm sorry you are hurting and they are unsympathetic! Maybe go for a walk or bounce on the ball after your nap. That really helped get my contractions going!

Miss I agree with JBell walking dowes wonders... it feels awful at times but it helps so much!

Jbell my milk came in too and I founs the best way to describe it.... ouch!

Miss can't wait to hear from you.

How are all you other lovely ladies?

Just thought I would share a fun thing that happened... let me preface this with some info Anjelica is preemie sized in diapers and clothes.

Anjelica was sitting on her daddies knee being burped wearing a newborn diaper (as DH got the 2 sizes mixed up) and when he went to put his hand under her butt to pick her up she projectile pooped out of the opening in the side all over DH's hand and leg! It was the funniest moment yet!

Oh wow that's hilarious!

I've been peed on three times today! I'm just not fast enough yet with these diaper changes.

That's brilliant Sasha! It willbe thefirst ofmany incidents so hope he forgets!

Oh, me neither, JBell. Boys are much more difficult than girls to change and I'm always worried about pinching his scrotum!

Lol too funny about the boys. I feel like I got off light! DH says to Anjelica "you can poop on me as much as you want" but I have noticed he is much more careful about what size diaper he grabs!

Anjelica is starting a growth spurt I think (thank goodness) she will eat from both breasts(15 min each) then an hour later want to be fed again for about 10 minutes then she is good for 2 1/2 hours and then it starts again!

How old is she now? It is common to have them around days 3, 6 and 9. Don't worry if she's really sleepy the next day and less interested in feeding - I've noticed that with both of them.

Poor Edwin seems to have a cold! I suppose I expected as much with one child in nursery.

Aww all the babies are so beautiful!! Congratulations everyone!! Missus, I hope you're holding your baby now :)

With regards to the nipple pain I found rubbing done milk on them and leaving them to dry in the air for a while then putting lanolin on worked wonders but I did it religiously, about 15-29 times a day for the first week. I have absolutely no nipple pain now. You can also get a Vaseline gauze called gelonet that works well but you have to rub it off before baby feeds.

Bam, can't wait to hear your story! Emma, sorry you're having such a hard time with your MIL. My mum is staying at the mo and she's an excellent help and even gets up to sit with me in the night when feeding to keep me from feeling too sleepy. I fear she is spoiling us though lol xxx

I used the lanolin last time too and it was brilliant, I highly recommend it. This time I don't seem to need it. I guess my nipples are still quite conditioned to feeding.

She is 5 days now. I am using lanolin on my nipples too as I had developed scabs from poor latch in the hospital.

I hope miss doesn't disappear for days like bam did! Bam I was worried about you for days and am waiting with baited breath for your birth story.

Mammy, I meant to say that is brilliant of your mum! I am shattered DD keeps sleep talking or waking up and calling for mummy and last night was the first night Edwin had settled really well between feeds at night. I'm not quite falling asleep sitting on the edge of the bed like I was in hospital but I'm still not far off that sleepy!

I had my first post birth check-up today. I had an internal exam which was fine, US showed some blood still in my womb. I've got to go back in two weeks to have my pelvic floor checked as I think I'm leaking a few drops of wee from time to time but it takes about a month to 40 days for it to recover from birth so was told it was normal.

I also found out from the doc that the pattern of pain I had with my contractions, where all the pain is concentrated under the bump, happens when contractions are "backwards", the body and baby are fighting each other. It's another reason everything was going on so long and it resolving with the epidural again suggests there is something mental or physical which is stopping me from laboring properly, as soon as the feedback between my brain and womb is broken labour can progress. At least I know for if there is a next time!

Talking of which, I saw a pregnant lady today and despite hating pregnancy I felt envious! Maybe I do want a third one day!

Emma ss about your dd! That must be hard. I can't believe you had a check up already... they don't check here till 6 weeks!

We woke up this morning and Anjelica fits in her newborn clothes!!!!!!! Last week newborn clothes drowned her!!!!

https://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y509/SashaJoy13/Snapbucket/71170606-orig_zpsd731b30c.jpg

Ha ha! Love the face she's making! That must have been a growth spurt then, she's filing her newborn clothes well. Edwin's are still huge on him!

I get a 10 day and a 6 week check up as routine, the one in two weeks is an extra one.

Hello ladies! I'm back :)

Sorry I can't reply to you all individually, my brain is super fried!

Good news, Dylan Charlie Gleeson born 5th November at 9.10pm weighing 8lb 9oz. Pretty straight forward birth I guess....

Following being sent home the morning my waters broke, I went in for induction the next morning. I waited around for hours with horrific contractions that were all in my back. Eventually I was examined and told I was at 4cm so had the option to have pescary or hormone drip. I chose the drip to speed things up but after moving rooms and having a bit of gas and air I dilated to 6/7. I diamorphine quickly followed my epidural. Totally wasn't going to but WOW!!

Still wasn't contracting regularly enough so they hooked me up to hormone drip which really go things going. In the end I only pushed for 13 minutes and Dylan arrived very quickly.

Annoyingly I had to spend 2 night in hospital as communication between staff failed but home now.

Btw, why is there not enough warning about the horror/pain that follows birth!!

Hope you've all settled well at home. What a surreal experience huh!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->