Valentine's BfP ladies

Oh ya and about hot flashes, what about night sweats. I woke up last night disgustingly soaked in my own sweat (ew) and had to change it was awful! Does anyone feel like their teeth are more sensitive in the last week or is this just me?

Hubby has trouble cuddleing me at night because I get do hot and then I sweat on him... he looks up th weather ahead of time too so that I will know what I have to look forward to (this weekend is high 70 low 80) not excited for the next few days!!
I feel the sensitive teeth thing too... and I wake up tasting nasty in my mouth even though I brush before bed! Oh... I am always always thirsty even though I drink well over 60 ounces of water a day!

This is fun ladies!!

I thought that it was just something to do with me or my cold or something but I've been waking up in much the same sort of state. I totally agree with the teeth thing. I keep feeling like I have a toothache when it's cold outside! I thought it was just cos I'm overdue a trip to the dentist!

I can't put into words how utterly shattered I am right now. DH is away this week and I've pretty much been going to bed with the baby! I thought I'd have to give her swimming lesson a miss as I just can't keep my eyes open but I'm sitting here in the cafe watching her on screen and enjoying one of the two caffeinated (apparently I can't spell) drinks I let myself have. I don't think it's having much effect though.

Hi everyone! I think I'm in a different time zone to most of you because there's always loads to catch up on when I come home from work and then I sit most of the evening and there's only a few comments.

My mum has put the fear of God into me about my teeth as she ended up getting holes in ALL her teeth when pregnant with me! Her teeth are still not right now! As soon as she found out I was pregnant she said 'aww congratulations, look after your teeth!!' I have been drinking at least two cups of milk every day for the calcium and brushing loads! Going to make an appointment as soon as I get my maternity cards from the midwife (in Scotland you can get free dentistry when pregnant and for a year afterwards).

No other symptoms going on here. I don't know whether to say yay or oh no about your MS Bambola! Yay that at least it gives you one more sign that baby is in there and fighting fit but oh no because it's so yucky! :hugs:

Emma - I told you you would be our guru on all things pregnancy related ;)

Hope you are all well! Xxxx

PS isn't it Friday yet?????

Hi everyone! Glad I'm not the only one feeling wiped out, I'm going to bed earlier every day!

Got my first nausea bout this morning, driving to work...in a company car! I honestly thought I was going to throw up in it. Had to open all the windows to get a blast of cold air.

Haha I can't wait to see how we're all coping in a few months! ;-)

I'm only an hour ahead but I only work 5 hours a day so am usually online from the afternoon, just don't want you guys to get the impression that I have nothing better to do! :rofl:

To be fair MS studies say all kinds of things and I do think there is some logic behind the reasoning that it prevents ingestion of toxins whilst organs are developing but then I feel sure there would also likely be a link to diet and I haven't seen anything about that. Other reports say it may just not be so culturally important a pregnancy sign everywhere in the world. Also that people like teachers will rate their symptoms as severe compared to a home worker because it has a much greater impact on their day!

Personally I have emetophobia, a full on phobia of people being sick anywhere near me or of being sick within earshot or sight of anyone. If someone standing near me was sick, and sometimes even if they feel sick, if I see sick on the street, if i know someone has been sick in a particular toilet i have to use, I get panicky, stay to shake, my vision starts to go black at the edges. .. Fortunately DD is not sicky at all and I can deal with possetting. It is very common for people with this to go years and years at a time without being sick at all because we seem to have evolved coping strategies for feeling nauseous. I wonder if the nausea I had last time would have been worse if I didn't suffer from this. Oddly, when pregnant people say they feel sick it affects me less. And over the net it doesn't bother me at all so feel free to share stories later on!

P.s. I wish it was Friday, this week is eternal.

:rofl:

The ads on this page are obviously targeted "Sweatproof undershirt"!

I don't get ads on mine? Weird?! Emma you are the font of all knowledge! I actually don't mind being sick,it's the nausea before it that I can't stand. Usually feel relieved when I am sick. We've recently been told that we are losing our school janitor and it will now be teacher's responsibility to clean up any sick (or other bodily fluids!) I was not happy about this! A - what are we supposed to do with the class when we r cleaning up? B - what are we being exposed to when doing this? (A particular concern of mine at the moment) and C - I physically couldn't do that, I am quite squeamish which is why I became a teacher and not a nurse!

DH and I are getting a new bed tomorrow! Which meant I had to get out of our current one long enough for DH to move it into the other room! That was a struggle I tell you :rofl: xxx

Good morning ladies!

Yes I wish it was Friday already toO!! Its only thursday morning here!

Emma I have a friend who is about to start ttc and she has a massive vomiting phobia and is petrified of pregnancy and the baby vomiting once its born - i try to tell her that it will pass and she will be fine... I hope that I am right! lol It would be difficult with a baby... her husband wouldnt be 'that' hands on either i dont think!

Great to hear everyone's symptoms... for me today, nothing. Hope my little bean is ok!

I have already bought some cute (unisex) baby clothes - My hubby and mum were getting annoyed at me because I was being so worried and full on googling every single thing about my chances of another miscarriage etc - they were like - STOP IT and be positive... so i shopped instead - i figured if i put it out to the universe.. it might just help me lol (I am a self-confessed shopaholic by the way)...

Lol! Bambola, , while you're at it don't forget to buy for yourself! I'm pretty lucky DH has promised as often as he's about to deal with any vomiting situations. I figured if it became an issue I'd try hypnotherapy or some other alternatives as hypnosis tapes usually send me off to sleep and so I miss the point! Tried so hard to use them before last delivery instead spent hours blissfully dozing!

Mammy, it might be the same in Scotland, in England an employer has to have done a risk assessment if exposing pregnant employees to any potentially dangerous substances. I'm positive bodily fluids of any kind would count so if you check that and either ask our get someone you've confided in to ask you might at least get away with it for the duration of the pregnancy but if someone was sick you'd obviously have to come clean!

Anyone else love it when hubby is away? My kitchen is so sparkly!

I'm glad you ladies are doing so wonderfully!

I'm insanely jealous of your large bbs mamms and Emma. But I guess the grass is always greener. I barely fill out a 32B!

Bambola I read in a pregnancy journal that if you have a miscarriage that your chances of having a miscarriage for the second pregnancy drops to 2.3%! That is a comforting stat right? Also, my symptoms come and go too.

I went to my OB today for my conformation appointment. I just love that man he will talk to you forever. When he walked in he was like, "Hey! Last time I saw you you weren't pregnant!" :rofl: We did a pregnancy test (just peeing on a stick) and it was positive. He told me no stress and do everything like I normally do. Don't worry about my diet just keep eating what I want. He knows I'm pretty healthy any way so I don't think he was worried about anything. He just said no sushi, unpasteurized cheese, or raw meat. He said I could keep exercising but just not to kill myself. Then he said I want to see you in 1-2 weeks! I was like what? I thought it would be 4 weeks? He said nope I want to do an ultrasound as soon as possible to see that heartbeat and that will be at around 6 weeks. So I'm going back in two weeks from today to see my little bean's heart beat! So fx its there b/c the chance of miscarrying drops to about 3% after you see the heartbeat. My doctor said growing and getting the heart to function is the most difficult part and once that happens the chance of a viable pregnancy is very good. So HURRAY! I'm so excited!

Also! He said morning sickness kicks in around 5 weeks and sticks around until about 10 weeks!. So ladies we fx we won't have any!

I'm glad you ladies are doing so wonderfully!

I'm insanely jealous of your large bbs mamms and Emma. But I guess the grass is always greener. I barely fill out a 32B!

Bambola I read in a pregnancy journal that if you have a miscarriage that your chances of having a miscarriage for the second pregnancy drops to 2.3%! That is a comforting stat right? Also, my symptoms come and go too.

I went to my OB today for my conformation appointment. I just love that man he will talk to you forever. When he walked in he was like, "Hey! Last time I saw you you weren't pregnant!" :rofl: We did a pregnancy test (just peeing on a stick) and it was positive. He told me no stress and do everything like I normally do. Don't worry about my diet just keep eating what I want. He knows I'm pretty healthy any way so I don't think he was worried about anything. He just said no sushi, unpasteurized cheese, or raw meat. He said I could keep exercising but just not to kill myself. Then he said I want to see you in 1-2 weeks! I was like what? I thought it would be 4 weeks? He said nope I want to do an ultrasound as soon as possible to see that heartbeat and that will be at around 6 weeks. So I'm going back in two weeks from today to see my little bean's heart beat! So fx its there b/c the chance of miscarrying drops to about 3% after you see the heartbeat. My doctor said growing and getting the heart to function is the most difficult part and once that happens the chance of a viable pregnancy is very good. So HURRAY! I'm so excited!

Also! He said morning sickness kicks in around 5 weeks and sticks around until about 10 weeks!. So ladies we fx we won't have any!

Thanks so much for that Jbell!! That does make me feel a lot better... I figure that if this little one doesnt stick - i am SO unlucky - like I would be in a small percentile..

So exciting you get an ultrasound sooner than you think! apparently seeing a heartbeat is AMAZING... cant wait :happydance:

Hey ladies!!! :hi: I know i am a little late on this thread but can i joint??? I got my BFP the day before Valentines.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Omg... ladies your so funny... I was reading ur comments and laughing histerically while hubby was staring at me like I was insane!

I have super bad heartburn and I dont know what to do about it... tums only work for about an hour then they wear off and I have more heartburn! I cant wait for my appointment so I can talk to the ob about it!!! only a week from tomorrow!!

Oh no, don't remind me about the heartburn. I got it in my last trimester like I've never experienced before. I tried antacids but they didn't do much. It was so bad I'd end up coughing, I even had heartburn whilst in labour. It miraculously stopped the moment DD popped out!

I guess mine was caused by her squashing my stomach not by hormones as it would be at this stage. I get it a few times a week at the moment so it's not bad. I'm afraid I really can't recommend anything. Cardamom is supposed to help but I don't know if it is very effective or how to take it. Like an Indian tea I suppose.

Welcome Junebugs!!

Ladies are we aloud to post pics of our baby related purchases?? Lol I can't show anyone else and it makes me crazy!! Lol

Welcome junebugs! :hi:

Bambola I don't see why you can't and shouldn't post them!

I hate heartburn! Hate hate hate. I hope it goes away soon sasha

I want to see your baby stuff Bambola... I was looking at baby stuff with hubby the other day! So cute!!! (Even found a diaper bag I want and I am super picky when it comes to that sort of thing!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->