Valentine's BfP ladies

Junebug I skipped right over you earlier! :cry: I have no idea how that happened!(pregnancy brain). Jump right in with us... :flower: Oh... but first the dreaded "hazing" as determined by Mammy!:thumbup:

Okay so I thought we might start with a kind of 'getting to know you' type Q&A. I know it's a bit cheesy and we already know eachother but i guess lots of info can get swallowed up in big threads so this might just make it all a bit clearer for all of us. I'm making these questions up as I go along so please feel free to offer up any other suggestions.

1. Name?
2. Age?
3. Married or partner?
4. Location?
5. Job?
6. Pregnant with first?
7. How long were you ttc for?
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months?
9. Thing you are most scared about?
10. Describe yourself in 5 words?

I know these Qs are kind of personal but I guess that's kind of the whole point of getting to know people. I'll go first but please feel free to not answer any of the questions or add your own. Xx

Hi Junebugs, :wave:

I apologise too! I only realised when I read the email summary I had been so rude!

Is it warm where anyone currently is? Bambola, it must be summer there! Tell me warm things! I AM SOOO COLD! I am so sick of being cold, I want more hot flushes! No, maybe just a happy medium!

I didn't find TTC No 2 any less consuming than TTC No 1 and it actually still hurt quite a lot when other people got pregnant really soon after their first and I didn't. However, now I am pregnant, I find I am so busy being a working mum that I often forget - even when I'm looking at a pregnancy tracker or something, the reality that I have another on the way in 8 months doesn't seem to sink in very often.

I also feel a bit deflated that I don't need to go and buy much (that's the wannabe shopaholic in me). DD will get a new bed in a few months to free up the cot. If it is a girl I don't need anything, if it is a boy I am already half equipped with neutral clothes.

Has anyone caved and bought anything for their little beans yet? I can't even bring myself to think about buying anything, nursery etc. Just seems too early and if I do m/c it would make it so much worse :-(

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!!! :)

1. Name? Camille
2. Age? 28
3. Married or partner? Married
4. Location? Ajax, Ontario Canada (near Toronto)
5. Job? I am a stay at home mom and love it! :) I was a vet nurse before this.
6. Pregnant with first? Nope this is my 3rd (i had a MC on my first pregnancy)
7. How long were you ttc for? 2 month with this one, i was very surprise that we got pregnant soooo fast!
8. Thing you are most excited about over next 8 months? We are going to TRY and stay team yellow this time and i am hoping to go for a natural birth since this will be our last i would like to try something different this time!
9. Thing you are most scared about? The end of 3rd TRIMESTER!!! LOL With my last one i was sooooo uncomfortable by the end (i also was overdue by almost 2 weeks)
10. Describe yourself in 5 words? Crazy, funny, caring, understanding and i just love getting to know new people. I am hoping to make some life long friends on here with you lovely ladies!! :)

As for the heartburn i feel so sorry for you ladies! :( I had that so bad in last trimester and NOTHING helped to make it go away... until i gave birth ;)

I have not bought anything either, i am just to nervous right now. At the moment i really dont have any real symptoms, although this morning i woke up with a little nausea but i was fine after i ate something. I have my dating ultrasound on March 11th so i will feel better after that i think :)

Hi Junebug!
Emma- I live in Maine so I'm freezing as well :(

DD was sick last night so I didn't get a wink of sleep and clearly being pregnant doesn't help so I'm a bit of a zombie today!

Well welcome Junebug! I am hoping that as my hormons level out the heartburn will go away a bit, I think its my version of morning sickness!

As for warm thoughts my highs out here have been in the 70's for a few days! I kinda wish it was cold...I go for a ten minute walk and want to jump in a swimming pool!

I also haven't bought anything but like I said I looked at stuff... and made a list... and I love amazon!!! I can make a wish list then I have about 5 months of gifts that can pile up with amazon gift cards (baby shower august, hubby bday september, baby birthday october, my birthday november, christmas december)! I can literally do all of my shopping from home and get it all delivered! Yay for lazy pregnant shopaholics who plan ahead! lol

Wow! You ladies can fairly chat! Had some catching up to do there!

Hi JuneBug, of course you can. What is your EDD and I will add you to the O.P.

Sasha :hugs: for heartburn!

JBell you sound like you have THE best doc in the world! Any chance he could fly to Scotland and give me an ultrasound too? I have to wait until 12 weeks :(

Bambola - I forgot to mention in the O.P. that posting pics up of any baby related things is a MUST of this thread (and I am in no way just making the rules up as I go haha!) hurry up...I'm dying to see!

I haven't bought anything yet as my mum had always drummed it into me that it was bad luck before 3 months. Then the other night she told me on the phone she was desperate to start knitting cardigans but was too scared to incase someone comes into her house and guesses :rofl: I guess all the rules go out the window when it's your first grandchild!

Loving the hot weather chat, needless to say we don't get a lot of that over this way! :) xxx

Lol... mammy we never would accuse you of making up rules as you go along!

Junebugs, what is time yellow?

LOL, thank you that should have been TEAM yellow! Thats what i get for typing that on my phone!! HEHEHEHHE stupid auto correct

Wow! You ladies can fairly chat! Had some catching up to do there!

Hi JuneBug, of course you can. What is your EDD and I will add you to the O.P.

Sasha :hugs: for heartburn!

JBell you sound like you have THE best doc in the world! Any chance he could fly to Scotland and give me an ultrasound too? I have to wait until 12 weeks :(

Bambola - I forgot to mention in the O.P. that posting pics up of any baby related things is a MUST of this thread (and I am in no way just making the rules up as I go haha!) hurry up...I'm dying to see!

I haven't bought anything yet as my mum had always drummed it into me that it was bad luck before 3 months. Then the other night she told me on the phone she was desperate to start knitting cardigans but was too scared to incase someone comes into her house and guesses :rofl: I guess all the rules go out the window when it's your first grandchild!

Loving the hot weather chat, needless to say we don't get a lot of that over this way! :) xxx

Thanks ! Its October 26th........

I too normally wait until the 3 month mark because someone else drummed into me that its bad luck before that!! LOL... i went so crazy last time not buying anything until 3 months the first thing i ending buying was a crib!!!! HAHAHHAHA .. i had to go all out after all the waiting ;)

Just noticed your ticker JuneBug. Did you get your bfp on your little one's first birthday? That's so sweet! Xx

I haven't bought anything yet but,I too am a shopoholic and CAN'T WAIT! I also can't wait to buy maternity clothes! Has anyone bought maternity clothes yet?

Omg... ladies your so funny... I was reading ur comments and laughing histerically while hubby was staring at me like I was insane!

I have super bad heartburn and I dont know what to do about it... tums only work for about an hour then they wear off and I have more heartburn! I cant wait for my appointment so I can talk to the ob about it!!! only a week from tomorrow!!

Out of curiosity when did your heartburn start and what did it feel like? I have never experienced it before. :hugs: I hope it gets better for you!

Just noticed your ticker JuneBug. Did you get your bfp on your little one's first birthday? That's so sweet! Xx

I did!!!! :) I was so nice but i wanted to keep it about him so i waited until Valentines day to tell DH! I wrapped up a test and gave it to him.. he was very shocked as he didnt think we were going to get prego that fast either.

I haven't bought anything yet but,I too am a shopoholic and CAN'T WAIT! I also can't wait to buy maternity clothes! Has anyone bought maternity clothes yet?

LOL.. im still not out of maternity pants from the first!!!!! HEHEHEHEHEH.. they are just sooo comfy!

My heartburn started about a week ago but it has been bad for 3 days. It feels almost like I ate hot nacho cheese that got stuck in the be all the way down to my stomach! Its like a constant hot uncomfortable feeling in my chest and throat. Doesnt taste bad or anything... just irritating!

Oh one more symptom that hubby hates... I dont want to bd at all! I dony know why but the thought annoys me almost and I feel kinda bad!

My heartburn started about a week ago but it has been bad for 3 days. It feels almost like I ate hot nacho cheese that got stuck in the be all the way down to my stomach! Its like a constant hot uncomfortable feeling in my chest and throat. Doesnt taste bad or anything... just irritating!

Oh one more symptom that hubby hates... I dont want to bd at all! I dony know why but the thought annoys me almost and I feel kinda bad!

Thats a great analogy!!! It does feel like that!

I had that symptom last pregnancy, DH was great about it thou... i just did not feel like going near him at all! (until the end when i just want to get Mason out!! LOL) I think it can be a common symptom either way! (some woman want more of it)

So, Junebugs - what is TEAM yellow?! I've still never heard of it! :D

A rather horribly graphic way to describe heartburn the really burning feeling you can sometimes have after being sick going all the way from your breast bone, sometimes as far as your throat. It is really unpleasant if you have it for a couple of hours but it is really, really horrible when it happens for days at a time. I wanted to cry at times.

Last pregnancy I couldn't buy anything until I had moved to Spain, then we were in temporary accommodation until the end of August so I didn't start buying until I was about 7-8 months in the end!

I have my old maternity clothes but have an agreement from DH I can buy more as I felt so frumpy in some. I only bought one pair of shorts which was a mistake, by the time I realised I needed two the winter range was in and it was still about 35 degrees C outside (must be in the 90s as 37 is normal body temp for the Fahrenheit people)! I think I may also need to invest in more long tops as I grew out of even the biggest maternity trousers I had last time and couldn't do them up! With 3 weeks to go I was ENORMOUS... People were panicking if I went to a bar or restaurant with DH and his colleagues! :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

• 373867_10150531862569048_666332938_n.jpg
    373867_10150531862569048_666332938_n.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
Omg Emma what a gorgeous bump!! Can't wait til I've got one of those. Anybody please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong but I think team yellow is when you want the sex of the baby to be a surprise (?).

I've only ever had heartburn once in my life and it took me a while to figure out what it was (for the first hour I thought I was dying of a heart attack :rofl:) from what I remember it wasn't pleasant and I only had it for a few hours. Dread to think what it's like for days/weeks on end! That's one symptom that I definitely don't want! Xx

Good morning everyone!

I totally know what you mean about the Superstition surrounding buying baby stuff early, but to be honest, last time that didnt work so well for me either, so this time I am putting out positive vibes - I KNOW that I will be a mummy one day! :) I obviously keep purchases a secret though - hence why I want to vent here - hahaha, I have already got a considerable shoe collection for my little bean (i told you I am a crazy shopaholic!) Cant wait till I am 12 weeks so I can start posting photos of my little purchases on Instagram! hehe

Here is ONE of my many crazy purchases (unisex!).. (I am obsessed with childrensalon.com because I think little people shoes are the cutest thing ever)

Attachments

• fendi baby.jpg
    fendi baby.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe