Valentine's BfP ladies

I have decided I am going to tell my dad today... I have never kept a secret from him and I obviously still cant... I just feel lije my dad might be able to talk some sense into my mood swings... if only for an hour! lol

I have decided I am going to tell my dad today... I have never kept a secret from him and I obviously still cant... I just feel lije my dad might be able to talk some sense into my mood swings... if only for an hour! lol

Aww, good luck hun, I bet he'll be thrilled! My mum and I both ended up in floods of tears when I told them and my dad just came over and held me so tight (easier to hide emotion if people can't see your face as he's not a crying sort of guy) :winkwink:

So I told myself I wasn't as tired today after a good weekend of doing nothing, even went for a walk with the dog earlier. Told myself I was just going for a half hour nap at 6pm. Now I've just woken up and it's 9:53 pm!! Oh well, bye bye weekend! :rofl:

Lol... I took a nap for about that long 45 minutes after I woke up this morning! I am now with my dad and I just told him, he says he is excited and freaked out and he believes that I am still a virgin and this is an immaculate conception! I figure why drop too many secrets all at once? I will let him have his little fantasy! He also told me that I can be crazy but I cant be mean!

hehe so lovely Sasha - glad everyone is having positive experiences sharing the news so far!

I know what you girls mean about napping - I was asleep by 8pm last night and didnt wake up till this morning!!

I had my second bloods done at 7:30am this morning.. the results will come at 5pm today.. I am just a ball of nerves.. i had really strange dreams all night about my pregnancy... just praying all is ok.. I feel like i want to cry but I cant because I am at work!!

Bambola... everything is just fine hun! im sure your baby is doing super well!!

Aww Sasha how sweet. I can't wait until I tell my family. I'm probably going to tell them after this appointment or the next.

Bambola you are fine. Its perfectly normal to be worried :hugs:

My Dad was really grumpy when I told him last time as somehow it made him old. He will be 60 this year, he's no spring chicken! He loves DD to bits now so thought he'd come around instead he got grumpy, said he worried about the state of the world and didn't DH know how to use condoms. :rofl: This man is father to 4 children! Apparently that's different they eere unexpected!

Bambola, everything will be fine, crazy dreams are normal too.

Is my ticker wrong or is it telling me how the week begins rather than finishes?

Thank you Sasha, Jbell and Emma for your words of support.. Today was horrible!

Just got a call from the doctor and he said everything looks great!! So on Friday afternoon at 4pm my levels were 2090 and then on Monday morning at 7:30am (approx 60 hours later) they were 5200!!

Thank God... I am so relieved! Now for my 6.5 week scan next week!! Common little bean!! Stick!!!!

Also- do you guys have nicknames for your bub yet? (like bean or peanut) hehe

Great news everything is going well for us so far!

I call my bean "little pea" despite the fact it's smaller :)

Just getting ready for my first dr's appt, still no idea what to ask or expect but I'm sure it will be fine. Think I might ask to have hcg levels checked, just because it's my main worry atm. POAS this morning just to make sure I hadn't just imagined it all before seeing the Dr...needless to say it's all very real!! Haha.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

My baby is my little Jelly Bean!!! (especially if its a girl)

Just come out of my dr's appt. In tears.

I had a new young female dr, she didn't have a clue. Told me nothing. Said they don't do blood tests so early despite me telling her I'm worried. She disappeared for 10 minutes to ask the Dr in room next door what she should do. Abd then finished by saying I should go yo another dr's nearer where I live despite me having been with this dr's for about 10 years!

I'm so angry and upset that I completely wasted my time. She made me feel so nervous and uncomfortable. NOT what I wanted for my first appt! :-(

I had a new young female dr, she didn't have a clue. Told me nothing. Said they don't do blood tests so early despite me telling her I'm worried. She disappeared for 10 minutes to ask the Dr in room next door what she should do. Abd then finished by saying I should go yo another dr's nearer where I live despite me having been with this dr's for about 10 years!

I'm so angry and upset that I completely wasted my time. She made me feel so nervous and uncomfortable. NOT what I wanted for my first appt! :-(

That is absolutely disgusting.. I am so sorry Hun.. What a nasty witch!! I think you should see someone else.. :hugs:

Oh no! I'm so sorry! :hugs: Maybe she is right and you should go somewhere else. But not for the reason she stated. I know you have been going to that doctor for awhile but that behavior is uncalled for.

Bambola I'm so glad everything came back wonderfully!

Thanks girls, I will register with my local dr's today.

I just feel totally deflated :-( don't know what I expected today, just a but more confidence and confirmation from dr's maybe?

Anyhoo, must stay happy and positive...little pea needs happy thoughts!!

Good news Bambola!

MissusGee, please don't worry. A new surgery opened near my mum's and she was told to move after about 40 years with the same surgery - she's very happy now though.

I was in the UK at the start of my last pregnancy and I saw the Dr at about 5 weeks (first appt I could get of course), was told I needed to see the midwife as in the UK the midwives petitioned for a midwife-led service and GPs have absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy at all any more (so very helpful and how was I to know that as a first time pregnant lady?).

My first appointment with the midwives was as expected on the NHS at 10 weeks which is an absolutely eternal wait. However, everything was fine and I was more than happy with the support I got from that point on - I really missed my midwives when I moved here, they were so approachable.

Everything will go just as well for you, just relax and enjoy the magic of knowing you have a little bean growing inside. I spent all my time poring over "Your baby's development this week" things and bought a book so I could follow it all.

If do you have any issues before then, you are generally expected to go to A&E.

As for how we arrived at our name for DD when I was pg, I have no idea, but very early on she became Nanobot. Since this one is smaller in comparison with her, according to DH it will have to be something smaller on the scale, so I guess it is our Picobot!

Bambola - so pleased with your hcg levels! That's great!!
Missusgee - I definitely think you should see another doctor!

So I'm just back from the nurse who was completely useless. Checked my bp and checked incase I had cystitis because of the frequent toilet trips (I have a history of kidney problems). All was well, I told her I wanted my bloods done to check hcg level and she just said 'ask the midwife when you see her'. I then went to make the midwife appt (mw told me to book in for Wed 6th) to be told there's no appointments left so I will have to wait until the 13th :cry:

That is sooooo long to wait and worry about my hcg (even although I know I've got no reason other than lack of symptoms)!!! Now I don't know what to do?!!! What do you guys think? Should I man up and wait it out or ask to see doctor to get bloods done? A bit worried doctor will be annoyed at me making an appointment without having anything actually wrong with me or might just say what nurse said and tell me to wait for midwife.

We have been calling ours Bubble for some reason. Loving the Picobot, very original :rofl:

Oh mammy that does feel like ages away doesn't it! I guess we just have to wait these things out :-( I am worried about hcg levels too, but Dr just said theydon't routinely test for this and I just have to ?relax' until 12 week scan. Gee thanks dr!!!

I went to my local Dr this evening and registered, got an appt Friday afternoon so hopefully thats more successful.

I had a complete meltdown over this mess in work this afternoon, luckily I told my best friend who I work with so she covered for me! Gonna have to get a grip of these hormones ad I think people are starting to catch on due to my tiredness and sudden lack of consuming gallons of tea!

Bambola - so pleased with your hcg levels! That's great!!
Missusgee - I definitely think you should see another doctor!

So I'm just back from the nurse who was completely useless. Checked my bp and checked incase I had cystitis because of the frequent toilet trips (I have a history of kidney problems). All was well, I told her I wanted my bloods done to check hcg level and she just said 'ask the midwife when you see her'. I then went to make the midwife appt (mw told me to book in for Wed 6th) to be told there's no appointments left so I will have to wait until the 13th :cry:

That is sooooo long to wait and worry about my hcg (even although I know I've got no reason other than lack of symptoms)!!! Now I don't know what to do?!!! What do you guys think? Should I man up and wait it out or ask to see doctor to get bloods done? A bit worried doctor will be annoyed at me making an appointment without having anything actually wrong with me or might just say what nurse said and tell me to wait for midwife.

We have been calling ours Bubble for some reason. Loving the Picobot, very original :rofl:

LOL! Mammy, I am sure that by the time the 13th comes around you'll be able to throw up all over the MW's room without a stain on your conscience as payback for waiting so long!

It is still very early for any of us to have much in the way of symptoms, even two of my good friends who were unfortunate enough to get hyperemesis gravidarum (morning sickness so severe you need IV fluids) didn't start to get symptoms until the end of the 6th or 7th week, though it then lasted for the rest of the pregnancy.

Lol thanks ladies! You are all so good at cheering me up when I'm feeling sorry for myself! I've pencilled in the throwing up on midwife!!

Everyone in Britain has heard of hyperemisis thanks to Kate Middleton. Every time I wish for sickness a little part of me (the wee evil part laughs and says 'you will rue the day you wished for that'). At least if I do get it I can tell everyone that this does infact prove that, as I suspected, I am a princess (same illness is enough proof I reckon) :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->