valium for dentist visit?

libbymarks198

Reaction score
quick question ladies I will be ringing my doctor on Tuesday to ask. I went to the dentist today and need to get a root canal I am terrified of the dentist so he prescribed me 20mg of valium to take an hour before my appointment. would this be ok I will be 4 weeks 5 days pregnant? I didn't tell the dentist I was pregnant as my mum was with me and I am not ready to tell the world yet as I just found out yesterday.

It's not recommended during pregnancy (I used to take it years ago for a back issue I had once) it does have some nasty side effects for developing babies but I doubt one would be too bad but definitely consult with your Dr.

I personally wouldn't take it... maybe there is an alternative for pregnant patients - maybe you can call them ?

I wouldn't take the medicine without asking your doctor first. I've had to get two root canals done, one was during early pregnancy, and it really wasn't that bad. I'm also one that freaks out at the dentist plus I have a phobia of needles so coming from me that is saying something. I would tell the dentist that you are pregnant though so that they give you an alternative to novacaine that won't harm the baby and double up on the blankets for the x-rays. The first trimester is when baby is most vulnerable so you'll want to take as many precautions as possible. Could maybe your mom wait in the waiting room while you tell the dentist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->