Vanish

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Those of you who use Vanish for stain removal...

Which product do you use?

My trusty Vanish soap bar has worn away to a tiny sliver after *years* of service. I honestly have no idea how old it was, it had a Wilkinsons price sticker on the box, £1.59. I went to Sainsbury's the other day to get a new one but no plain soap bars (I know it's not soap but it looks like soap). My mind was somewhat boggled by the array of Vanish products, though - powders, liquids, spray, oxy-action, gel crystal, extra hygiene...

So I looked online. Vanish site says it still does the plain bar, but Sainsbury's online doesn't. I don't have a Wilkinsons near me any more.

I've never really got on with the sprays and don't want to add a powder or liquid (not to nappies anyway). I want to be able to get rid of stains before I put them in the washer, and know I have rinsed the soap out myself, not spray and leave and hope for the best...

Does anyone still use the plain old Vanish bar? Who stocks it? :flower:

I dont use it but I know the bar is what people use, so if you dont have a wilkos then maybe online like ebay https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vanish-Stain...omeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3f00539845

Thanks ladies. :) I've got my mum on the hunt for one today, think she's going to check out Poundstretcher and Poundland so fingers crossed. It does my head in that my nearest Wilkos is 45 mins away on the bus, and Asda is no nearer. Especially since Woolworths closed.

Lisa, I did think the regular bar was what people were using but I remember some poeple referring to it as a Vanish stick, and that is something different; there's also a gel stick or something?

I think ive seen em in morrisons too?

I use the bar and i got mine in esco x

Think I'll have to get one of these. At the mo we are fine as any stubborn stains the sunshine gets rid of when we line dry but I was wondering what happens during the winter when we cant line dry..... now I know :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->