VBAC info/support

Tannenbaum, dont wait, get straight to an out of hours or minor injuries unit. If it smells it is infected and you need treatment before you get very ill or the wound comes apart

Hi girls (especially Chuck!)

I haven't caught up much on this thread in ages.. But I thought I'd up date you! I went into labour naturally, one thing I was nervous about! With my waters breaking and contractions starting about 10mins later. By the time I got to hospital they were 4/5 mins apart and getting intense. 4 1/2 hours later I was 8cm.. Roll on a few hours of stalling and restarting I was fully dilated after another 8hrs.. Although I still hadn't the urge to push, which was because his head was high.. So they got me to push in about 6 different positions to try and move the head down, but after 2 hrs it wasn't having much success so ended in another section. I'm home now, and feeling sore! But wanted to thank the support! Looks like I will only ever give birth by section!

Btw- I noticed someone asking about epis and induction... My first was induced, and I did the whole 40hra on G&A and my tens.. You don't need an epi if you can cope! Xx

Hi girls (especially Chuck!)

I haven't caught up much on this thread in ages.. But I thought I'd up date you! I went into labour naturally, one thing I was nervous about! With my waters breaking and contractions starting about 10mins later. By the time I got to hospital they were 4/5 mins apart and getting intense. 4 1/2 hours later I was 8cm.. Roll on a few hours of stalling and restarting I was fully dilated after another 8hrs.. Although I still hadn't the urge to push, which was because his head was high.. So they got me to push in about 6 different positions to try and move the head down, but after 2 hrs it wasn't having much success so ended in another section. I'm home now, and feeling sore! But wanted to thank the support! Looks like I will only ever give birth by section!

Btw- I noticed someone asking about epis and induction... My first was induced, and I did the whole 40hra on G&A and my tens.. You don't need an epi if you can cope! Xx

Hey there missus! I was wondering where you had gotten to!

Glad to hear you went into labour naturally, you worked really hard in your labour well done you! You got a CBAC but you did everything you wanted bar the final push as it were!

Well done you!

Hi ladies,
I am also a VBAC hopeful due at the end of June. I am slightly concerned about UR at this point. Sometimes when I sneeze or cough I tend to get a sharp pain near the scar. Sometimes if I get up quickly I also tend to get a pain down at the same point. Should I be concerned that my scar hasn't fully healed although its been over 2 years already? For now I have just kept this to myself and don't want to get DH worked up if its nothing. Maybe its just my uterus stretching? (well I am hoping it is).

My recovery post C-sec was really awful. I remember dragging my left leg off the ground for at least 2 months after. And I suffered terrible pins and needles and my ankles would get kinda numb when I would sit for a while. After limping for a few steps it would be fine. Even when getting up every morning I would limp a bit until the blood flow went to my ankles. When I tried exercising I would get a sharp pain in my tummy when doing tummy crunches. Now its getting me really worried. Should I even try for a VBAC? Am really worried now :(

Speak with yor OB and MW about the pain you have. After 2 years it would be healed, but you're right the pains are more than likely down to your uterus stretching again. Did you get many stretchy pains last time?

Unless your team are worried and scans show any problems there's no reason you can't VBAC.

Go speak with you team about what's been happening they should be able to let you know what's going on x

Hi ladies,
I am also a VBAC hopeful due at the end of June. I am slightly concerned about UR at this point. Sometimes when I sneeze or cough I tend to get a sharp pain near the scar. Sometimes if I get up quickly I also tend to get a pain down at the same point. Should I be concerned that my scar hasn't fully healed although its been over 2 years already? For now I have just kept this to myself and don't want to get DH worked up if its nothing. Maybe its just my uterus stretching? (well I am hoping it is).

My recovery post C-sec was really awful. I remember dragging my left leg off the ground for at least 2 months after. And I suffered terrible pins and needles and my ankles would get kinda numb when I would sit for a while. After limping for a few steps it would be fine. Even when getting up every morning I would limp a bit until the blood flow went to my ankles. When I tried exercising I would get a sharp pain in my tummy when doing tummy crunches. Now its getting me really worried. Should I even try for a VBAC? Am really worried now :(

:hi: and welcome.

I am also due June, and I am hoping to VBAC, although I have had 3 c-sections :dohh:

I get that pain - usually the right side low down, when I stand up too quick. Enough to take my breath away for a second then I slow my self down and I'm fine. It's almost like a leg-cramp, but obviously in my tummy. Ive had it a while now, and remember having it last time too. I would agree its most likely to be stretching pains, however better safe than sorry, so check with your team. I plan on bringing it up at my next midwife appointment at 22 weeks.

Hi, still cooking this baby!
Just wanted to let icedqueen know that I got sharp pains in my scar particularly at the ends, had it before and during pregnancy, they did do a scan and told me it was most probably just scar tissue and stretching nothing to worry about it
If your overly concerned I would defo mention it as they have ways to check. Good luck with your VBACs.

Hi Irishmammy! Day 5 overdue now are we.....poor you, are you getting fed up? lots of lovely labour dust to you :dust:

Quite excited - once you have had your baby (on the list on page 1) I'm next!! :happydance:

Thanks for all the responses. Chuck, we don't have midwife led care here in Dubai. I haven't even decided where I'm going to have the baby and I am very confused (again!). Costs are astronomical as DH insurance does not cover maternity so I was planning to have the baby in SA (costs are much better incl. airfare and I get to be with family). To make life a little more confusing, our US green cards have just been approved. So it means we have 6 months to enter the US or lose it completely. Means we have to go before baby is born or go in to activate immediately, have baby here or SA and then very quickly go back to US. I don't know where to even start looking for birthing centers that are willing to do VBAC's. I had my heart set on a waterbirth in a active birthing unit. So far my research is just going in circles.

I did meet with a pro vbac ob/gyn last week (finally got an app with her after 2 months!). She said there is no reason why I shouldn't do a trial of labour but my out of pocket costs for the visits are very expensive. Just the 1 consultation and the blood tests came out to GBP360. The cost of the birth if natural would be around GBP3500 at that hospital. C-sec double that!

Feeling a little better about the pains now. It doesn't happen all the time but I was a little worried about it. I think that I am just overly concerned and scared as well.

Good luck to Irishmammy. Are you planning to do any reflexology to bring on labour? I have heard that it does work.

Amazing NickyNack. I will be following your VBA3C story closely. Good luck. I think you have described the pain better than I could. And I feel the same especially after getting up a bit too fast. You have so much of strength for 4 kids. I am done after this one. I don't think I could go through all of this again. Besides, I am already too old!

Amazing NickyNack. I will be following your VBA3C story closely. Good luck. I think you have described the pain better than I could. And I feel the same especially after getting up a bit too fast. You have so much of strength for 4 kids. I am done after this one. I don't think I could go through all of this again. Besides, I am already too old!

Once you get past two, they kinda blur into each other and you learn how to tune them out :coffee: lol

Can I recommend a book to you - This one - I read it and found it amazing. It really reassured me regarding giving birth. It's not for everyone, however it may be beneficial for you :hugs:

So I have an internal and external infection! Yuck!!
The dr took swabs (I'm assuming to rule out mrsa?) and I have a weeks worth of antibiotics with a possibility of a further weeks worth! What fun :dohh:

The dr took swabs (I'm assuming to rule out mrsa?) and I have a weeks worth of antibiotics with a possibility of a further weeks worth! What fun :dohh:

Hope you feel better soon xx

Can I ask you ladies something?
I am seeing a new Dr. and the hospital is extremely pro natural birth and vbac and so is the Dr. The Dr. that did my section gave her the all clear as long as this baby isn't breech like DD.

People keep scaring me half to death about a vbac. All my friends who have done several sections are telling me i'm crazy and am endangering my baby. My mom had a section with me (breech) and VBAC with my brother ( 23 and 19 years ago), so she is really supportive but NOONE else is. MIL told me I was selfish, because her friends wife's uterus burst and she passed away. ( sorry if I upset anyone) She is saying that I am willing to leave DD alone just for my own personal selfish reasons.
Am I selfish? Am I really putting my bean in danger? Am I really going to burst and am I being a bad mom for risking it? I need support from other ladies who understand.

Can I ask you ladies something?
I am seeing a new Dr. and the hospital is extremely pro natural birth and vbac and so is the Dr. The Dr. that did my section gave her the all clear as long as this baby isn't breech like DD.

People keep scaring me half to death about a vbac. All my friends who have done several sections are telling me i'm crazy and am endangering my baby. My mom had a section with me (breech) and VBAC with my brother ( 23 and 19 years ago), so she is really supportive but NOONE else is. MIL told me I was selfish, because her friends wife's uterus burst and she passed away. ( sorry if I upset anyone) She is saying that I am willing to leave DD alone just for my own personal selfish reasons.
Am I selfish? Am I really putting my bean in danger? Am I really going to burst and am I being a bad mom for risking it? I need support from other ladies who understand.

Personally, would go tell MIL to go **** herself :) It's not selfish, its actually statistically safer to VBAC than ELCS. There are links on the first page confirming this - do some reading, then shut her up with cold hard medical FACTS! Although that's just what I would do.....

If you are a bad mum, then I am way worse for leaving 4 kids behind if I croak it. :dohh:

No one can tell you what is right or wrong for you, of course, everything has its risks. including ELCS and VBAC....but the chances of you dying are probably less than you winning the lottery....:shrug: Most UR's are just little rips, or stretching of the scar, and only a small number of the percentages mentioned in the links are complete UR's.

Also, UR's arent restricted to labour and birth.....car crashes and pregnancy and lots of other things can cause UR's - but if we got scared of what *might* happen, would we ever leave our bed??

:hugs: for you, its tough having no support xx

Oh no! I hope you're better soon!! :hugs:

......are you breastfeeding Tannembaum?
If you are then I recommend you start taking acidophilus to help prevent thrush :thumbup:

Lo already has medicine for thrush, do I still need to take something?

Could my antibiotics make lo ill?
Since I started taking them she has been really screaming on and off like she's in immense pain and she projectile vomited last night and tonight.

We took her to the gp who said it's colic and her silent reflux is making her sick...I've only just made the connection with my meds.

Good girl going to the Dr tannenbaum!!

Iced Queen...that sounds far too complicated...I do not envy trying to sort that little lot out!

Welcome mumofone! You arent being selfish to want to do something that is better for you and baby at all...yes there in a small increased risk of rupture, but it is a tiny increased risk (rupture can happen in ANY uterus). People are scared as they know next to nothing about VBAC.

If people arent supportive then dont speak with them a bout your choices, just tell them 'we'll wait and see' if they ask about your intentions.

Lo already has medicine for thrush, do I still need to take something?

Did you get the thrush treatment for LO following symptoms in baby? Are you presenting symptoms?

I would take the acidophilus just to be on the safe side hun.

It is possible for the antibiotics to effect LO but you should see the symptoms subside once you finish the course. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->