VBAC info/support

LO has had a white tongue for quite a while and noone could tell if it was thrush or just milk, so they gave us medicine to be on the safe side.

LO has had a white tongue for quite a while and noone could tell if it was thrush or just milk, so they gave us medicine to be on the safe side.

Ok, I'd take the acidophilus then and be on the look out for thrush symptoms in the breasts. If you would like anymore help or advice hun the feel free to pm me or pop into the breastfeeding section. Xx

Can I ask you ladies something?
I am seeing a new Dr. and the hospital is extremely pro natural birth and vbac and so is the Dr. The Dr. that did my section gave her the all clear as long as this baby isn't breech like DD.

People keep scaring me half to death about a vbac. All my friends who have done several sections are telling me i'm crazy and am endangering my baby. My mom had a section with me (breech) and VBAC with my brother ( 23 and 19 years ago), so she is really supportive but NOONE else is. MIL told me I was selfish, because her friends wife's uterus burst and she passed away. ( sorry if I upset anyone) She is saying that I am willing to leave DD alone just for my own personal selfish reasons.
Am I selfish? Am I really putting my bean in danger? Am I really going to burst and am I being a bad mom for risking it? I need support from other ladies who understand.
I'm planning a hbac... And just not telling and of he negative nillies in my life!

I read a terrible blog while deciding if homebirth was for me; it was written by an angry ob that said everyone attempting vbac was reckless, ill-informed, and selfish for wanting a "designer" birth. Bad idea... Eventually I got over the idea that I was being selfish by reminding myself of how they left my son crying in a plastic box after he was taken from me.

I'm assuming you're already a mother... How many people agree with every aspect of your parenting? I'm still breastfeeding my 1 year old, people don't agree with that. We co-sleep, people don't agree with that. We practice attachment parenting, people seem to really hate that one...

If you've done any research you know that vbac is safer than repeat csection. Do you think your mother in law has cared enough to actually look at the studies like you?

Hi, I have just discovered this thread and I am looking for some advice. I gave birth via EM-CS in June last year. My waters broke early (turned out to be my hind waters but they did not check that until 3 days later). Nothing happened and they induced me 36 hrs after my waters had gone. I still did not progress (baby was back to back) I was offered a epi (I accepted, it went wrong, another story though). Basically I ended up having an EM-CS after a long induction, I lost a lot of blood during the csection and ended up having 2 blood transfusions.
I really want to try a VBAC with my next one but I am concerned with the blood loss. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it something that is likely to happen again? Is it more likely with a csection or vbac?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I have just discovered this thread and I am looking for some advice. I gave birth via EM-CS in June last year. My waters broke early (turned out to be my hind waters but they did not check that until 3 days later). Nothing happened and they induced me 36 hrs after my waters had gone. I still did not progress (baby was back to back) I was offered a epi (I accepted, it went wrong, another story though). Basically I ended up having an EM-CS after a long induction, I lost a lot of blood during the csection and ended up having 2 blood transfusions.
I really want to try a VBAC with my next one but I am concerned with the blood loss. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it something that is likely to happen again? Is it more likely with a csection or vbac?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi SnoopyMad :)

No advice, sorry, hopefully someone will be able to help you soon though.

Has Irishmammy went into labour yet?:shrug:

Some good news tmi the tablets must be working as I'm smelling less :blush:

Hey ladies had a sweep (yippee) most progress I've made on my own in a pregnancy. I was 2cm when she did it, baby now fully engaged and I'm niggly. Having pains and hoping they keep going through the night and dont stop as soon as I sleep.
Ill keep you all posted.

No update.....fingers crossed no news is good news! :happydance:

Officially disgusted! Spent all night in pain, stomach muscles where in agony this morning very tender to touch.
I've not had a show and everything seems to have stopped, even the pain between legs from baby being engaged is gone. I was so hopeful. Continuing to bounce on ball and walk today but I've given up hope.

Hey ladies had a sweep (yippee) most progress I've made on my own in a pregnancy. I was 2cm when she did it, baby now fully engaged and I'm niggly. Having pains and hoping they keep going through the night and dont stop as soon as I sleep.
Ill keep you all posted.

wishing you the best of luck! Happy and safe delivery!

Officially disgusted! Spent all night in pain, stomach muscles where in agony this morning very tender to touch.
I've not had a show and everything seems to have stopped, even the pain between legs from baby being engaged is gone. I was so hopeful. Continuing to bounce on ball and walk today but I've given up hope.

Dont give up, just try to sleep and take it easy, go for a nice long walk or go shopping it could kick back in any time now :) :hugs: x x x

Things often kick off over night as its 'safer' here's hoping we wake up to a squishy baby!!

Wonder what's going on? I hope all is well and both are safe and happy :flower:

Am still here!
Got a bit panicky this afternoon though as my contractions where irregular and In my back, I phoned midwife, they told me to come for an appointment
In a nut shell - baby no longer engaged, very happy and had good heartbeat, she said Labour wasnt fully established yet as I'm just 3cm and cervix length was 2.5 but with a good sweep she pulled it forward and got me to dilate further, she seemed very hopeful that I'd go myself before the weekend.
I'm thinking positive thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->