VBAC info/support

Fan-bloody-tastic ladies!!!!!

Amazing work!

YAY!!!!!!! :happydance:

So happy for you ladies!! Well done on your VBACs!!!!! :hugs:

Congratulations ladies!!!

So it's your EDD tomorrow raggle?

Today by dating scan, although my original LMP EDD was 31 Jan/1 Feb so I've taken my EDD with a little bit of a pinch of salt to be honest.

Nothing happening much, baby is OP and I have had the occasional intense pain/pressure in my back over the last week. Midwife today said s/he's 3/5ths palpable but I know with a second baby that that can change in an instant so not reading anything into it. I had bloods taken last week and I'm apparently anaemic which is a bit concerning this close to delivery. After my c-section last time my iron levels really dropped but they were normal prior to delivery. Makes sense though as I've been so tired but kept putting it down to being in the last weeks of pregnancy and having a 20 month old!

We shall see what happens now in the coming days. I have a sweep booked at the hospital (also to book a c-section date if nothing happens on its own) next Wednesday.

Mrsraggle I'm clinically anemic as well, I took ferrograd from the dr and a tonic called ferrogloblin it really helped and quickly! Ferrogloblin has blood making compounds in it also that help. Tesco sell it for a few quid. Good luck xx

Thanks Irishmammy! I'll take a trip to Tesco tomorrow x

Contests on your little girl!! And on your vbac! Well done :thumbup:

Hi all, i wanted to ask you if you knew anyone that had a successful VBA4C?

I have had 4 c-sections- 1st due to breech and next three were repeat, as my doctor was once a c-section, always a c-section and VERY uninformed me, did not argue.

I live in NW Ga and am on the ICAN board for Atlanta Ga, Dr Tate is VERY good and his office said they would take me when/if i get pregnant again (2 hours from me) but the hospital he delivers made changes for 2012 which say no more than 2-csections for vbac :( ugh!!!!

the whole reason i had my tubes tied, was because i was scared.....so i had them untied, and am getting scared again now that I find this out about Dr T. :( :(

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/08/21/hba4c-homebirth-after-four-cesareans/

Hi Rachel

I've pinched the above link from the first page - there may be more I'm not seeing so go have a nose around :)

I hope to add my own in June - although a VBA3C, not 4....but still :)

I'm sorry your hospital has changed their stance on VBAC - maybe there is some way round it? I'm not sure how things work in America so unable to advise, hopefully someone else comes along soon to help out though :thumbup:

Welcome though :hugs:

I JUST found this thread!!!

I had 2 c-sects and than an induced VBA2C in Dec 2007. Many people believe you cant have a VBA2C let alone an induced one, but i did. I had a great OB and a Doula. I did tons and tons of research for my VBA2C as i knew i wouldnt get a lot of support for it. I wouldnt of traded it for the world though!!

If and when i get preg again, i will having a 2nd VBA2C. :flower:

Hi all, i wanted to ask you if you knew anyone that had a successful VBA4C?

I have had 4 c-sections- 1st due to breech and next three were repeat, as my doctor was once a c-section, always a c-section and VERY uninformed me, did not argue.

I live in NW Ga and am on the ICAN board for Atlanta Ga, Dr Tate is VERY good and his office said they would take me when/if i get pregnant again (2 hours from me) but the hospital he delivers made changes for 2012 which say no more than 2-csections for vbac :( ugh!!!!

the whole reason i had my tubes tied, was because i was scared.....so i had them untied, and am getting scared again now that I find this out about Dr T. :( :(

What does ICAN say? can you contact a doula and ask them that may have recently worked with the dr? Im going to say that if the DR says you can VBAC, then theres not much the hospital can do, but i could be wrong. Id talk to your dr, maybe he partners with another hospital or doctor?

I know my OB goes to 3 hospitals and 1 of them is not VBAC friendly, i chose not to go there.

Lovely new birth story in the spoilers in post 1

short mama having a VBAC...births a 10lber!!

11lb 12oz HBAC!!

https://mamabirth.blogspot.com/2012/01/11-lb-12-oz-hbac-home-birth-equals.html

OnErth....congrats on your bfp!! Just noticed :)

Any news from Raggle??

Here's hoping she's either enjoying her last few days of pregnancy or busy getting that baby Earthside!

Thinking of you missus!

A nice look at 'birth luck'

https://victorybirth.blogspot.com/2012/01/birth-luck-rant.html

It is almost like people believe hospitals ALWAYS/ONLY 'save lives', and therefore MUST be the safest option. I am a strong believer in faith but not blindly, a person can do much to avoid a particular outcome and that is not down to luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->