VBAC info/support

Attempting a VBAC never has to be a dream.

BIG doesnt always = CS!

I posted a stroy recently of a woman VBAC'ing a 10+lb baby

Youcan do this if you want to as long as it is safe, BIG can still be safe. If its comes towards the end of pregnancy and there are other factors that may impact on saftey as well as possibly big baby then rethink.

Heavyheart - I'm sorry your mw isn't being the most supportive with you, but at the end of the day it's your call - no one can force you to do anything but if others can vbac big babies why not you??

Have you spoken to the consultant yet? Or is the midwife just speaking in advance of this?

Obviously the most important thing is you have a healthy baby and healthy mum at the end of labour and birth, but I'm not convinced that involves a cs in your case. And it's a bit premature to tell you no now - maybe your baby won't be a biggie - they have no way of knowing the future....unless mystic meg is your midwife :haha:

I intend on getting as much info from my consultant on Monday when we have our appointment. I'll post as much as I can on Monday night but I'll be going through the "what ifs" and will be discussing GD - both my siblings are type one diabetic so it's a real risk for me - and hopefully can get you some positive stats or news

Xx

Also , any news from mrsraggle?? It's her babies birthday today!!!!! :happydance:

Gosh still no news from Raggle?

Hope she's ok!

Any one have contact with her outside of BnB?

She had a baby girl on the 6th - its on her journal. I checked a few days ago :)

do hope she's just too busy to update and nothing is wrong though x

She had a baby girl on the 6th - its on her journal. I checked a few days ago :)

do hope she's just too busy to update and nothing is wrong though x

Phew!!

I didnt think to look on a journal LOL!!

Hi guys, yes baby Constance was born by elective c-section on Monday! Although I'm disappointed about the vbac the c-section was a great experience too. Thanks for all your support over the last few months x

Congrats mrsraggle!! Glad you had a positive experience.

Glad to hear you had a food time missus.

Doesn't mean we don't want to hear the story! CBAC is part of the journey too.

X

hey ladies :flower: i was wndering if yu culd help midwife and hospital have put the go ahead for a vbac but at my 12 week scan they said if i hadnt had my baby by the due date they would see me i never thought anything of this at the time but a friend said this is because they will want me to book a c section???? will they really try to not let me go past my due date? also she said about being monitered continuously is this mandatory or can i refuse i really want to have the freedom to move about use my ball ect can i choose not too?? guess a waterbirth is deffo out of the question thank you xxx

Hey :)

You can decline anything you want to, they might want to do continuous monitoring but you can say no.

They will want to see you after your due date to make sure everything is ticking away nicely and your placenta isn't deteriorating or something. It's just to be on the safe side and doesn't always happen.

They usually allow you to go two weeks over before insisting on a csection but again, ultimately it's your choice.

WSS^^^

They prefer not to let you VBAC too far over as it risks a larger baby - which can slightly raise the risk of UR - but it is still a tiny risk.

Well ladies I have my consultant appointment in the morning. I'm a bit anxious, fear of the unknown....but I know it won't be a debate cos I'll just leave if it turns put that way, and I know it's my choice not theirs.

Anyway, any last minute advice? Anything I should be asking that I might have forgotten??

Wish me luck!! It's always easier with agreeable doctors :thumbup:

I just thought I would share how great my consultant has been about my VBAC. Before he knew it's what I wanted he was the one who suggested it. My baby loks like it's going gto be at least 9.5 lb. He has even said if I go 2 weeks overdue it should be fine.

My second baby is due May 16th and im planning a HBAC with an indepentdent midwife. I had a really horrible time with my first labour. Laboured in agonising back labour for 30 hours. Baby was back to back and brow presentation so after trying to suck her out and her hb dropping they sliced me open to get her out. Found the whole thing so traumatising and ive left out a lot of the gorey stuff :-/ but im determinded to make this experience a completely new one. I know now that no matter how painful contractions get they wont kill me and instead of fighting them will welcome them. There will be no clock watching or needless internals to tell me "oh ur only just 5cm" and making me feel like i failed already! no this is going to be amazing!

Just wanted to share and also in writing it remind me of how its going to be!

My appointment was horrible. She was really nice but she kept on about the high risks and the fact I was putting both mine and my daughters life in jeopardy. She said with UR it's always life threatening (which is contradicting what I thought) and that of it does rupture they estimate blood loss at 1litre per minute. So I could literally bleed to death in less than ten minutes. She doesn't have any stats for vba3c as so little ladies attempt it but is going to try to get official figures so we can calculate the risk - she was talking 10-20% when I thought it was more likely 1-2%

I must say I am really doubting my conviction now, I was so confident but I know if anything bad did happen it would be my fault for insisting on the vbac in the first place, and I don't think I could cope with that.....

She wants me to think about it and reconvene at 34 weeks, my husband will support my choice either way, and she said elcs is safer than emcs - they would even do a fifth csection if that swayed me.

I don't know if four or five babies are enough for me, we always planned more but now I feel that's just being selfish, risking this baby for others than haven't even been conceived yet.... I don't know.

She's really freaked me out - I wish I'd never bloody went !!

Guess I've got lots of research and thinking ahead in these next 12 weeks!!

Hi ladies I was just wondering could I pop in and ask a question?

I'm currently 40+5 with my second pregnancy and really hoping for my vbac after a very very traumatic csection that left me fighting for my life in intensive care only 18 months ago.

Well my consultant will only let me go to 40+12 before insisting on doing a elective csection again which I'd love to try and avoid! I've tried loads of things to go into labour naturally and so far little miss doesn't want to make her appearance.

Tomorrow I'll be going to see me consultant for my third and final sweep and I was wondering instead of just opting for the csection at 40+12 has anyone been induced with a pessary or had their waters broken and gone into labour?? I'm really tryna hold out on some hope that I can ask my consultant for this tomorrow if I don't labour naturally.

Any advice/info will be really appreciated

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttf7d4b.aspx

I only have advice for trying to get labour started and that is to ask them to give you a "good stretch" for as long as possible when they do your sweep, and have sex as soon afterwards as you can, and then again that evening if possible, It worked for my friend who was 40+6 she had her daughter 8 hours later x x x all the best and good luck. I think the girls on here will have loads more tis and advice for you about how to sit to get baby into favorable positions and exercises :) x x x

NickyNack, I'm so sorry your confidence has been knocked, I would say let her get her risk assessment on you done, as it is very important to be fully informed, digest the information for a week and then go from there, it's always overwhelming when you have lots of new info hun, Take care x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->