VBAC info/support

URRGGHH supposed friend banging n about some woman who gave birth to a 13lbs baby and diddn't have surgery ect ect blah blah, she believes there is NEVER a reason for c-sections, thick-as-shit! Placenta previa, elcamsia, feotal distress ??? narrow pelvis, diabetes causing baby to grow too large???, she has given birth twice to a 5+6lbs baby and feels the need to lord this over people!!!!!!!!!! some friend!

Sorry for the rant, just need to vent, gets me so angry when I think about what me and my babe went through it just pisses me right off!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that story, good on her. She did great.

We aren't all that lucky.

URRGGHH supposed friend banging n about some woman who gave birth to a 13lbs baby and diddn't have surgery ect ect blah blah, she believes there is NEVER a reason for c-sections, thick-as-shit! Placenta previa, elcamsia, feotal distress ??? narrow pelvis, diabetes causing baby to grow too large???, she has given birth twice to a 5+6lbs baby and feels the need to lord this over people!!!!!!!!!! some friend!

Sorry for the rant, just need to vent, gets me so angry when I think about what me and my babe went through it just pisses me right off!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you need "friends" like this opal! :nope: How kind of her to tell you that you had major surgery that wasn't "needed"?!?!

If I hadn't of had my section then my baby very well could have died! Possibly me too!

The doctors words "we have to do an EMCS - we don't want baby to give up" will stay with me forever

I'm glad she had easy labours - it's just a shame they've made her an over opinionated person!

Why the hell would she think baby distress, placenta previa or placental abruption to name but a few don't warrant a section - be it emergency or elective?! :growlmad::shrug:

I didn't need my C-Section, my daughter needed it to be born alive and healthy.

She did do great indeed :)

Thanks for understanding girls, I'm sorry you have had tramatic births, the point of this isn't to be anti-section, just repeat sections where they are not nessasary, it is not??

I think I've been too nice and respectful of her opinions to be honest maybe next time I will challenge her narrow minded opinions! I just don't have the energy to educate ignorance, it never works!!! So I nod and politely and say "mmm and mmm hmmm, I see, oh very well, oh there we go then", and so on!
She just gets right on my nerves! We have been good friends for a while, but more and more I see that she is having little digs at me, she never takes my word for anything, challenges what I tell her by asking follow up questions all the time, I feel like I have to prove what I'm saying to her all the time, so annoying!

She comes to my house we have a few drinks, she tells me how much she hates and resents her children, the talks about how she would kill herself if she ever got fat (im 5st overweight) talks about how ugly stretch marks are (I have them) I just I dunno, maybe I am being over sensitive???

Sorry to go on and on,

GOOD NEWS IS, my whole family have come round to the idea of me trying to labour next time and are all being very supportive :D

Also I wanted to ask after three c sections do the cut upwards after that? Something I've been told recently xxxx

Thanks for understanding girls, I'm sorry you have had tramatic births, the point of this isn't to be anti-section, just repeat sections where they are not nessasary, it is not??

I think I've been too nice and respectful of her opinions to be honest maybe next time I will challenge her narrow minded opinions! I just don't have the energy to educate ignorance, it never works!!! So I nod and politely and say "mmm and mmm hmmm, I see, oh very well, oh there we go then", and so on!
She just gets right on my nerves! We have been good friends for a while, but more and more I see that she is having little digs at me, she never takes my word for anything, challenges what I tell her by asking follow up questions all the time, I feel like I have to prove what I'm saying to her all the time, so annoying!

She comes to my house we have a few drinks, she tells me how much she hates and resents her children, the talks about how she would kill herself if she ever got fat (im 5st overweight) talks about how ugly stretch marks are (I have them) I just I dunno, maybe I am being over sensitive???

Sorry to go on and on,

GOOD NEWS IS, my whole family have come round to the idea of me trying to labour next time and are all being very supportive :D

Also I wanted to ask after three c sections do the cut upwards after that? Something I've been told recently xxxx

Shhhh you you wont try to labour or have a trial of labour...you WILL labour

Hi girls! Still here, still waiting. Had my post dates appointment at the hospital and have a c-section booked for Monday coming. I'm OK with that. My sweep was very very unfavourable, nothing is happening down there (just like with Eloise). They offered an induction. I was prepared to have pessaries and ARM but not any syn/oxytocin but basically they offer all or nothing, so after my experience with Eloise I have declined.

So I'm seeing what happens from now until Monday morning it seems! I'm disappointed I may not VBAC but it also seems that I either a) gestate for longer than 42 weeks and I'm not prepared to let myself go that far over or b) cannot labour! I just wish I knew why really.

not that I'm aware of!! Nobody has said that to me - especially not the surgeon - although consultant on 13th so will know for definite then

Sorry to go on and on,

Shhhh you you wont try to labour or have a trial of labour...you WILL labour

I will :D I'm not even going to book in a date for a c-section :happydance: Thanks hun xx

Hi girls! Still here, still waiting. Had my post dates appointment at the hospital and have a c-section booked for Monday coming. I'm OK with that. My sweep was very very unfavourable, nothing is happening down there (just like with Eloise). They offered an induction. I was prepared to have pessaries and ARM but not any syn/oxytocin but basically they offer all or nothing, so after my experience with Eloise I have declined.

So I'm seeing what happens from now until Monday morning it seems! I'm disappointed I may not VBAC but it also seems that I either a) gestate for longer than 42 weeks and I'm not prepared to let myself go that far over or b) cannot labour! I just wish I knew why really.

Good luck with everything, whatever the way you bring your babe into the world, I just hope you are both healthy and happy, wishing you ll the best :hugs:

not that I'm aware of!! Nobody has said that to me - especially not the surgeon - although consultant on 13th so will know for definite then

Hmm, I will research it and let you know, let me know what your consultant says, and good luck with your appt I hope it's all very positive :)

Opal, ive had 2 sections and then with DD2 the OB never mentioned cutting me any other way then how i had been cut before. Luckily i didnt have to find out because i had a VBA2C

Opal, ive had 2 sections and then with DD2 the OB never mentioned cutting me any other way then how i had been cut before. Luckily i didnt have to find out because i had a VBA2C

Hello, first of all wow well done on your VBAC :happydance: I'm very glad you got the birth you wanted :happydance: I have had two c-sectios to date and we are planning to get pregnant as soon as I get this weight off :cloud9:

Hi everyone!!! I had my 12 week scan and Dr put me ahead 3 days. New due date is August 18th. but wanna know just as great news.... Dr received my op report from other hospital and said we are a GO for my VBAC!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Wonderful news mumofone!

Systems are GO!

Glad the scan was all ok, now you can really get down to telling people choose who you tell you are vbacing wisely. Some people just wont get it.

Hi girls :)

Please may I jump in here? I am currently pregnant with my third and after having 2 c's with my DS's I am desperate to try for a VBAC...I am currently in the process of changing obgyns because the one I had refuses the VBAC :( This is my body and It should be my decision surely??? Even if I just get a trial of labour. I was forced into having a C with my eldest DS as I was told that his head was too big and I would battle with natural. I feel like it was ripped away from me. I have been given another chance at having natural birth...and i want to take it...I just hope and prey that I get it right and dont get bullied into having another C just because it is "safer"

Any info that anyone can give me that I can throw at the new Dr will help...anything! Thanks for letting me vent! And GL to everyone :hugs:

Ozzysbabygirl welcome!

There are many reasons you can throw at them the most obvious being that the risks with a third section is more dangerous than going with a vbac.

Welcome!

I'll post a decent reply when I'm not on my phone! X

oh iam needing a bit of encouragement ladies :dohh:. I had an appointment with my midwife on fri, she is lovely and so far had been very supportive but on fri she brought up the birth and didnt seem so happy. Told me i will be told to have a section and that the consultants argument for this will be because of 2previous sections plus having gestational diabetes again this time and the fact its kicked in so early on:shrug: i dont really have the odds of having a sucessful vbac on my side . I just felt like i had the wind knocked out me and whats the point of fighting it, my confidence in being able to "birth" has been shaken and iam kind of feeling well maybe they are right, i tried to vbac last time and i failed (10lbs 5oz due to gd that went untreated until the last 5weeks) the fact that i have the diabetes again i know iam more likely to have a bigger baby again so therefore feel like iam being set up to fail again when no one is supporting me. Even my husband said when we got out that maybe a section was for the best :saywhat:

Maybe i should just accept that having a vbac is just a dream and not a possible reality for me:shrug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->