VBAC info/support

Hey ladies, finally got my birth story written and on my journal.

Hope you're all well x

She didn't suggest a risk assessment - she was going to get figures on vba3c. Actually, I'm a bit pissed off with her now, she didn't even prepare for it having the facts on hand, even though it was set up way back in December.....she didn't even know the risks, and after re-reading through a TON of info, she's clearly exaggerated the risk of UR.

VBAC still stands for me until I am forced otherwise.

So glad you had a great section raggle!! Just how they should be.

Happy healing! Don't forget to droP by us here every now and then.

She didn't suggest a risk assessment - she was going to get figures on vba3c. Actually, I'm a bit pissed off with her now, she didn't even prepare for it having the facts on hand, even though it was set up way back in December.....she didn't even know the risks, and after re-reading through a TON of info, she's clearly exaggerated the risk of UR.

VBAC still stands for me until I am forced otherwise.

That's so naughty of her, nothing worse than when it becomes clear people dont give a **** is there! :growlmad:

The best thing to do would be to keep on educating your self and make the decision based on how you feel in your heart, and if you want more than five it is certainly worth trying for a VBA3C :flower:

Try not to let her ignorance ruin you day/week/experience and keep on arming your self with information and cold hard facts, be confident in your choices hun :hugs: x x

Hi ladies

Sorry for gatecrashing, but we are currently hoping to conceive #4, I have had 3 c-sections but would LOVE a VBA3C.. How hard is it finding support/backing for it?

With my last pregnancy i was offered a VBA2C with no arguments, but fear got in the way and i had my 3rd c-section.. This was the worst decision ever and i deeply regret it.

I havent read through this thread, but has anyone got any info/stats on a VBA3C? I wanna know my facts for when the time comes.

Thank you and well done to all those who achieved a VBAC :hugs:

Hi ladies

Sorry for gatecrashing, but we are currently hoping to conceive #4, I have had 3 c-sections but would LOVE a VBA3C.. How hard is it finding support/backing for it?

With my last pregnancy i was offered a VBA2C with no arguments, but fear got in the way and i had my 3rd c-section.. This was the worst decision ever and i deeply regret it.

I havent read through this thread, but has anyone got any info/stats on a VBA3C? I wanna know my facts for when the time comes.

I'm attempting a vba3c in June - I've been reading up and seen lots of stats which I will post once I get him (currently on my phone).

Are you in uk? Or USA? Or ....?

Hi ladies

Welcome!!

You'll find the risks to be very similar to VBA2C, I'll see what I can find for you

well after posting a few weeks ago about getting over my emcs and attempting vbac in future it turns out I'm pregnant again!
I'm a bit nervous about the telling off I'm going to get for getting pregnant so soon after my section. Do you think this'll affect my chances of vbac?

I was only 9 months PP when I got PG with DS2.

As long as you had no scar healing issues you'll be fine.

Juststand your ground about what you want and listen to your body, it'll tell you if anything is wrong.

ps...CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Its a bit of a rollercoaster from here on in but education is the key no matter what route you end up taking

X

Huge congrats Fi!!

I got pregnant 4 months pp and i've never been told off for it, they won't say anything bad hun, its pointless anyway as you're already pregnant!!

I've even been told that i can try a vbac if i want to, they've left that up to me but they're willing to attemp induction for vbac too as i'm going early.

As long as you're scar feels fine i'm sure they'll be ok, i'm over half way now and have had no more than the odd twinge in mine :) Good luck with the pregnancy hun, hope you get you're vbac x

that's reassuring! My hospital won't induce you if you've had c-section, I'm glad of this as the worst part of my experience was the induction. I feel it was the induction which led us to emcs. Still can't get my head round having another baby so soon :D

Hey fifi - congrats on your pregnancy - I too got preggo 9 months after my c section - my third - and they said nothing to me :shrug:

In fact my doctor told me three months after my op that I could start trying again if I felt up to it - after she checked with the surgeon who performed my third op - and as it would seem we are under the same health authority (edin, Lothian and fife) I can't see them saying anything to you :)

Hi ladies

Welcome!!

You'll find the risks to be very similar to VBA2C, I'll see what I can find for you

Thanks for the welcome :hugs:

Any info would be great.. Thanks again xx

Can't imagine having 2 so close together but it will pay of, they'll be the best of friends :) I'm so pleased for you Fi, especially with all you've been through!

A lot won't induce you but my consultant is desperate for me to try vbac as i've had a vaginal birth before, think thats why he agreed to it as its the only other way to go early and he'd rather not have to section me! I'm leaning towards a c-section anyway so he'll be majorly disappointed lol x

Hi ladies

Hey :)

Finally getting round to replying with some links - I'm sure Chuck will be along with some more soon :)

I-CAN webpage - https://www.ican-online.org/vbac/vaginal-birth-after-multiple-cesareans
https://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/pages/default.aspx
VBA3C Stories - https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/CSANDVBAC/VBA2Cstories.htm#Personal VBA3C Stories

If you are in the UK they cant say No to your request - although they usually try to scaremonger you into a RCS....

I'll see if I can find anymore and send you them, I'm still researching myself :)

Hi ladies, I'm WTT for #2 after a terrible birth which included an induction, a lot of pushing and an Emergency Caesarean after my baby's heart rate began to dip. I would love another baby but can't face the way a Caesarean made me feel like less of a woman again.

My OB told me that I would need C-Sections for any subsequent births but never explained why. My son was a big boy (9lb-er) but he was 11 days OD.

I am a relatively big girl and I'm told that it can make a difference as to success rates. What if I was to lose some weight prior to TTC?

I read today that the hospital i gave birth in has the highest C-section rates in the South-East of UK. It's something like 32% of births. Not liking those odds!

Anyway, anyone got any advice on things I can do to try and have a successful VBAC??

LollyPop, does your hospital offer any kind of Reflections service?

After my C-Section I was able to make an appointment with a midwife who went through my notes and discussed the birth with me. She was able to tell me why the C-Section happened and it allowed me to make an informed choice about my birth plan for baby#2. If you can access a similar service it could be of use, especially as your consultant hasn't made it clear why you would need another C-Section.

Hi ladies

Finally getting round to replying with some links - I'm sure Chuck will be along with some more soon :)

I-CAN webpage - https://www.ican-online.org/vbac/vaginal-birth-after-multiple-cesareans
VBA3C Stories - https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/CSANDVBAC/VBA2Cstories.htm#Personal VBA3C Stories

If you are in the UK they cant say No to your request - although they usually try to scaremonger you into a RCS....

I'll see if I can find anymore and send you them, I'm still researching myself :)

Thank you hun :hugs:

Alot of things i have read, actually suggest that more c-sections are more dangerous than a VBAMC! :shrug:

I am 100% gonna try my damned hardest push my next baby out :happydance:

:flower:

Hi ladies

Thank you hun :hugs:

Alot of things i have read, actually suggest that more c-sections are more dangerous than a VBAMC! :shrug:

I am 100% gonna try my damned hardest push my next baby out :happydance:

:flower:

I know, its mad that they dont inform you properly!!

For instance, I have read that the maternal fatality (ie mum dying) rate for a VBAC is 0.02% - a RCS is double that - 0.04% :wacko:

Wish I'd been more informed with my first two pregnancies, I could have avoided the c-sections probably...

Its mental hun! yes there is a chance of rupture with a vbac, but there is also a chance of it with a section... i'm not even pregnant yet and im excited :lol:

Luckily one consultant at my hospital is pretty laid back and is very pro mums choice! so it should be possible

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->