VBAC info/support

Hi Heidi, my first was b2b, 9lbs 6ozs and 16 days late - resulting in induction and emergency c section as she got stuck, I have just had my second - all natural with only gas and air - what a different experience and one I very much hope to do again!!! Hope that you get the birth you choose xxx

Hi Heidi, my first was b2b, 9lbs 6ozs and 16 days late - resulting in induction and emergency c section as she got stuck, I have just had my second - all natural with only gas and air - what a different experience and one I very much hope to do again!!! Hope that you get the birth you choose xxx

Thats really reassuring to read Mork, how fantastic, how big was your second baby?

:hi: Heidi. Your c section reason sounds similar to mine. My consultant said they only consider the baby to be large enough for intervention if it's 11lb or over which I was really surprised about. I asked for a growth scan at 32 weeks to help make my mind up but more because my son had a massive head and I want to see how big this one's head is. X

Wow 11lbs that is surprising! I'n not to sure how big my lo's head was maybe that could be some thing i ask tomorrow.
Hope things go well for you :)

I asked yesterday could they check scar tissue to see how it was and they said they couldn't, it would really only been about 6 weeks after the section they could do that. What's that all about?!

Thats odd. My tech had no issues looking at the incision site. I could even see it on the screen. So not sure why you guys are basically getting the run around.

Heidi - my 2nd was 7lbs 13ozs, but was 8 days early! it was also fairly quick :)Glad to share my story :) xx (btw my firsts head was 35cm and my second 36cm)

^ thanks mork! I really hope i go in to labour earlier this time too i went 10 days over.
I'm so interested to see what they say tomorrow now, im bringing DH along to take all the info in too as im so forgetful right now :dohh:
Just hope i dont cry! xx

This is amazing... I haven't read it all as I'm on my ipad... My ob has agreed to a vbac and I'm super happy and nervous at the same time!

I'm not due til the 22nd of jan so I hope nothing rises it's ugly head to stop me trying either :(

This what happened the first time as bub was in transverse arrest :(

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/516768-my-beautiful-birth-story.html

Good luck for today Heidi. Let us know what they say.

Mork that's so comforting to hear and congratulations!

My son was 7 days late and 9lb. His head was 38.5cm. I was pushing from the word go so had an epidural to stop me from doing it. He then descended really quickly and didn't turn enough so got stuck in the transverse position with his ear facing the exit. They tried to move him via vontouse but failed so I had a c section.

I hope I have a similar experience to you Mork. At the last scan the baby was measuring just right all over so I've everything crossed.

This is amazing... I haven't read it all as I'm on my ipad... My ob has agreed to a vbac and I'm super happy and nervous at the same time!

I'm not due til the 22nd of jan so I hope nothing rises it's ugly head to stop me trying either :(

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/birth-stories-announcements/516768-my-beautiful-birth-story.html

:hi: Thanks for sharing your birth story. How big was your baby in the end? X

:hi: Thanks for sharing your birth story. How big was your baby in the end? X

Oh sorry :p he was 8 pound 5. Head was 35cm :)

Oh and the terms of a vbac is that bub is not over 4kg which is about 8 pound 12

Great news about your ob agreeing to a vbac Samaraj. So if your baby goes over 4kg will they say you have to have a csection?

Thanks fish&chips :hugs:

It sounds like you have everything in your favour for a vbac next time.. Fingers crossed! X

Great news about your ob agreeing to a vbac Samaraj. So if your baby goes over 4kg will they say you have to have a csection?

Thanks fish&chips :hugs:

Yeah more than likely :(

he was really good about it too. He asked a few questions about if I went into lbour naturally if I fully dilted and if I had any issues with scar afterwards. the answers were yes, yes, no. He asked what I wanted and I said naturala nd he said OK!

Best of luck Heidi xx

Thanks again fish&chips :)

I wonder how they decided when a baby is to big to deliver naturally as each woman is so different. Fingers crossed we both have smaller babies! X

im not sure,

I guess it would also depend on doctor and hospital guidelines.

But transverse arrest can happen if baby is too big for pelvis so maybe thats why he said 4kg and round aidans weight up?

Appointment was good and bad the bad being that they lost my notes so couldn't go over in detail my past section only go over things i could remember but still found the mw very helpful as much as she could be anyway.
Good thing is they are happy for me to have a VBAC and are not worried at all about the size of the baby being to big :D
Found out allot of useful stuff overall, really pleased that they have those mobile baby monitoring systems so i can go go in the birthing pool and be as mobile as i like!
Next appointment is at 34 weeks x

Congratulations Mork, it's fantastic you got the birth you wanted this time around. I really hope I do to!

Glad your appointment went well Heidi. I had my first consultant appointment too and they are happy to let me VBAC (subject to checking my notes from last time around but I believe section was uncomplicated so should be fine). The only stipulation was they would like me to ELCS if I go 14 days over due.

I also got told they couldn't check my scar via ultrasound :shrug:

The estimates of fetal weight from US is notoriously unreliable too.

In my NHS green notes there was a statement about US measurements being up to 20% out.

That would be like me saying I weigh 8 and a half stone when I really weigh 11, or my scales telling me that I weigh 13 stone! OUCH

I understand that hospitals have to have policy to determine limits to what they can do as thats how they work but damn its frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->