VBAC info/support

Congrats momofone...what a gorgeous lo!!

Dont ever be hard on yourself for what happened, you informed yourself and did everything possible to get the experience you wanted...I'm sure this time even the EMCS was more you than last time.

Happy healing missus

Congrats momofone...what a gorgeous lo!!

Dont ever be hard on yourself for what happened, you informed yourself and did everything possible to get the experience you wanted...I'm sure this time even the EMCS was more you than last time.

Happy healing missus

Thanks hon. I am actually a lot less upset about the EMCS this time. I am just so happy that I was actually able to experience labor and I feel like I had an opportunity to try my best, and I got a beautiful baby out of the experience.

Thank you for all the support you all offered me through this journey. :kiss:

Congratulations and what an amazing job you did! So impressed. And I agree, the pic is beautiful. Xx

I am booked in for induction in less than 2 weeks time. I am so hoping I go myself before then to avoid the induction but I will only be 39 weeks as I am being monitored for GD. I was wondering though, does anyone know, for induction, I have to go into the hosp at dinner time and they will give me a pessary, Apparently I can only have one due to previous section and have to progress quick enough or it will be a section, but will they send my hubby home? Last time I was on maternity ward as my waters had gone and everything stopped so hubby was sent home and brought back in the morn when I was put on labour ward for induction with the drip. As I am high risk this time do u think they will start the induction on labour ward and let hubby stay the whole time as if I dont progress quickly I will have to have a Caesarian?

I am booked in for induction in less than 2 weeks time. I am so hoping I go myself before then to avoid the induction but I will only be 39 weeks as I am being monitored for GD. I was wondering though, does anyone know, for induction, I have to go into the hosp at dinner time and they will give me a pessary, Apparently I can only have one due to previous section and have to progress quick enough or it will be a section, but will they send my hubby home? Last time I was on maternity ward as my waters had gone and everything stopped so hubby was sent home and brought back in the morn when I was put on labour ward for induction with the drip. As I am high risk this time do u think they will start the induction on labour ward and let hubby stay the whole time as if I dont progress quickly I will have to have a Caesarian?

I can't offer much advice but just wanted to to tell you best of luck with your vbac. Here is the US the husband is never sent home and they can stay with us from start to finish regardless of the way we progress. :hugs:

Sorry I'm not sure either. Could you ask your mw?

I had a meeting with the head of midwives yesterday and she's agreed to me not being strapped to the monitor and not having a canula from the off. She also told me I don't have to go in first thing and can wait at home until my contractions are a minute long and coming every 6-7 minutes. Alternatively I have to go in if my waters go. It's all now in my notes so I feel quite relieved. I did say that if things get complicated I would happily get monitored.

I was induced on the labour ward with DS (which ended up in EMCS) and we had our own room so DH was with me the whole time. I would imagine you'll be in the Obstetric unit being monitored more closely so you'd have your own room. Maybe ask what the timescales are they are planning? You could call and speak to the SoM on the labour ward or ask your regular midwife to find out.

With my DS they constantly monitored me and I got an IV when I went in because I was induced. They had a belt on my belly to start with but of course my son kept moving around (which you'd think was a good sign) so they put an electrode on his head to monitor his heart rate better. So, I couldn't move around. Not blaming the need for an EMCS on that exclusively but I can't help but feel it contributed. This time around I'm hoping for a VBAC and I'll be much more vocal about my need to walk and labor the way I feel I need to. At the time I was very young and didn't realize I had more say in my birth experience. Now, older and wiser and pregnant with number two, I am optimistic and ready to try it again. :)

Thanks, that's really helpful to know I'm doing the right thing by refusing the monitoring etc.

The SOM also mentioned that it sounded like my son wasn't necessarily back to back and my need to push when only 4cms was probably just my body's way of helping me dilate. She told me that she tells her ladies to push if they really feel the need to as it won't do any damage which was the complete opposite to what I was told. She said it's possible I was already 10cms when they put the epidural in. Having said that, she did think I probably would have needed a c-section either way as my son's head was so big.

I felt the epidural limited my freedom to move considerably which in turn contributed to the c section. This time I want to move as much as possible.

I definitely feel more in control and more knowledgeable this time. I just hope I am able to stand my ground whilst in labour.

Well I asked yesterday and apparently I will be given the pessary the night I go in, hubby will be sent home:-( and I will be left to get some sleep! Like as if that is going to happen. Then about 7.30 I will be checked to see if I am dilated enough to break my waters and hopefully that will dilate me more, otherwise it is the drip and and if that doesn't happen it will be off for a section! Hoping I go naturally before next week, fingers crossed!!

Has anyone had a successful VBAC about 15months after caesarean? Due Dec 6th with my second LO and hoping to VBAC, DS was born by elective CS as he was breech.

Has anyone had a successful VBAC about 15months after caesarean? Due Dec 6th with my second LO and hoping to VBAC, DS was born by elective CS as he was breech.

Give me another 2-6 weeks and hopefully I'll be able to answer your question! Mine was an EMCS though, got to full dilation and pushing (I was induced at 42wks) so the only bit I didn't do was actually push DS out! This time I'm having a HBAC (if everything goes to plan).

Sorry can anyone remind me what the advice is re raspberry leaf tea capsules after a c-section?

Ive read not to take RLT if you've had a c-section

Sorry can anyone remind me what the advice is re raspberry leaf tea capsules after a c-section?

Seems to be lots of contradicting things on the web about taking RLT after a previous CS but this article seems to say it would be beneficial especially if you've had a past CS, hope this helps xx

It is confusing, which is why I thought I should ask here!

My super positive about natural birth consultant obstetrician advised me to take RLT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->