VBAC info/support

I got my vbac!!at one stage it was looking like another section but I jumped fro 4-9 in 2 hrs,ended up a forceps delivery so I am still very sore and wondering if the recovery is going to b any better than the section but at least I can still drive.

Congratulations Izzy!

I'm full term today and home birth team go on call next week, woo hoo!

Congrats Izzy!
How long was it since your section?
Hope u have a speedy recovery

Congrats Izzy!!

My VBAC was a forceps as well. I had a retained products, an infection that required hospitalisation and eventually needed a scrape....so technically my forceps was a harder recovery. But if it hadn't been for the pesky bit of placenta left behind and I just had the pain to deal with it would have been a much easier recovery.

I did feel like my foof was about to fall out for 3 weeks but it does get better.

I got my vbac!!at one stage it was looking like another section but I jumped fro 4-9 in 2 hrs,ended up a forceps delivery so I am still very sore and wondering if the recovery is going to b any better than the section but at least I can still drive.

Massive congrats hun...always amazing to drop by this thread and see mamas having had an awesome time.

Ive read not to take RLT if you've had a c-section

As with all things pregnancy labour and birth it is completely contradictory...my MW who was pro HBAC told me to try every wives tale to make things easier.

Her only other piece of advice was try everything...if it feels bad stop.

So try if you have painful scar twitchy BH then stop.

Thanks everyone. The pain of it all seemed to mostly disappear after day 6 so, so far the recovery initially has been a lot quicker so far, I can drive, my breast milk came in a lot quicker than after my section, my bowels moved a lot quicker, everything just seemed to happen faster and more naturally this time so I am so delighted I got my vbac, plus it means if I am crazy enough to go again I dont necessarily have to have a section, whereas if I had had one this time next time would be more than likely a planned section.

The difference is stunning, although I'm sure having a planned CS isnt quite the same as having an EMCS after hours of labour...coz dang my recovery from 24 active labour being pushed with synto for hours after pethadine a broken epi then spinal and morphine it was a pretty grim few weeks getting over it all without the recovery from the wound to think about.

With Stanley (DS2) I went into labour Thursday, had him 3:51am Friday Morning and was home by tea time, we had a group of something like 6 people over saturday evening for curry and I was up about and fairly perky.

...we'd planned to make and eat Vindaloo if baby wasnt here yet so we had everything in and it needed using lol so hubby went ahead and made a vat of vindaloo for visitors.

I decided not to eat much of it given the state of my undercarriage I didnt think too much vindaloo would help matters :rofl:

My c-section the second time around(planned) was definitely an easier recovery. Im sure it also helps that your mentally prepared for the recovery. It sucked, yes, but I was able to cope and handle it a lot better this time. It turned out to be a wonderful experience with no stress at all. Im 7 weeks PP now and I feel great. It's rare now for me to feel any pain from my incision. I only do if Ive done something to that actual area, other wise, nothing! I should be cleared fo go back to the gym(slowly of course) on monday at my pp visit

That's a lovely speedy recovery. Great news.

I have a growth scan a week Monday to see if the baby's head isn't off the scale like last time. Wish me luck!

Fingers crossed hun, remember scans can still be innaccurate.

If its looking big dont just take the one persons opinion, get another person on another day and see what they say and get a proper sacn on your pelvis too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->