VBAC info/support

Hi all.
im hoping someone can offer advice i had an emergency section due to placental abruption.
My water broke and i was sent home but 13 hours later i started bleeding was rushed to hospital and ended up being rushed in to theatre and put to sleep for my section... It was preg number 6 so the hospital shouldnt have sent me home after my water broke anyway. Al was fine with baby and ive had no problem since my section.. it was my first ever section all births had been natural fast and drug free with no complications.
Whats are the chances of me going on to have healthy preg and delivery one last time?
Thanks in advance

I think if you find a doctor/hospital that is pro-vbac you may have a better chance. Some Dr's just want to slice you open...sadists. We were informed that it is less risk if we waited 12 mths before having another baby as this is apparently better for the scar tissues etc to heal up but in saying that lots of women have fallen pregnant before the 12 mths and still had normal births in what I have read.

Just found this thread, it's been really helpful!!

I had an EMCS in 2011 - baby was back to back and I was immobile, having had an epidural (plus pethidine, pitocin and antibiotics for an infection!!). I had not eaten for 24 hours and spent a long time in early labour vomiting. I now know that all these were contributing factors to my section although the official reason was CDP (small pelvis). I managed to get to 10cm and pushed for about half an hour before they decided she was stuck and rushed me off to theatre.

This time around I really want a positive VBAC. I'm hoping that even though the pain was immense last time that this time I will know how to handle it better and how to encourage my body to progress naturally. This baby is in the right position and on the brim of my pelvis so fingers crossed I can keep it that way!!

Good luck to everyone else too :)

Just found this thread too. I didn't labour at all with my first pregnancy as I had EMCS at 34 weeks due to pre eclampsia. Has anyone had experience similar to this? I'm hoping for a VBAC but not 100% sure what my OB wants. I know they won't let me have any sort of complications (again don't know what this totally entails). Any advice?

My SIL had an emcs at 36 weeks after failed induction (2 or 3 days and not a single contraction. Dr said couldn't try anything else as if she randomly started contracting her uterus could explode). Hers was due to pre-eclampsia also. So far as I know when she decides to have no 2 they will let her attempt vbac if she wants

Little lady, my first was also back to back and I found the pain unbearable but this time the baby was in a good position and I coped just fine. Fx that you will have a similar experience xx

Little lady, my first was also back to back and I found the pain unbearable but this time the baby was in a good position and I coped just fine. Fx that you will have a similar experience xx

Thank you, posts like this really help as although I've made my mind up to go as natural as I can, I do still worry that the pain will be too much. Thanks for the encouragement!

I really am hoping for a vbac this time. I won't find out for sure probably until Mid-March. But I don't see I'd be any higher risk than a c-section and the hospital where I go said after 2 c-sections they automatically give you c-sections...so as this is baby number 2 it may be my last opportunity to try...I will be open minded if the situation goes bad and I need a c-section but I want them to know it is ONLY as a last resort say if baby is in danger or whatever.

That's how I feel Libby. I know it is a possibility but I would like to try for a vbac especially having a toddler to look after

Little lady - my first was emcs - similar to you - I was induced, baby was back to back (omg that is the worst pain ever) and baby got stuck, so got to 10cm but no way could baby get out that way, Second baby - went into labour naturally, not back to back (so much easier to manage and so so much less painful) and didnt get stuck - result was one natural delivery and a mum who couldnt believe how different (in a good way) it was! good luck! xx

Little lady - my first was emcs - similar to you - I was induced, baby was back to back (omg that is the worst pain ever) and baby got stuck, so got to 10cm but no way could baby get out that way, Second baby - went into labour naturally, not back to back (so much easier to manage and so so much less painful) and didnt get stuck - result was one natural delivery and a mum who couldnt believe how different (in a good way) it was! good luck! xx

Thanks Mork, I feel quite positive about it.now. saw my consultant yesterday and she told me I don't have a small pelvis at all, but as I suspected baby's head was too high and in the wrong position. So my vbac is 100% confirmed at least to attempt!

I couldn't agree more. Xx

Great stuff little lady! Thanks for agreeing fish&chips!! xxx

Wow that happened fast! I have to wait at least 3 more weeks for my next hospital visit. The dr we last saw didn't seem keen to do vbac so I hope we see someone different next time.

Im heading in for a vbac+2 hopefully. I am 35 weeks so far and really feeling calm about it. I've got an experienced midwife and they are going to let me labour in the hospital in case of emergency. So here's hoping. My two ceasars were both induced around 38 weeks. I think that was where my problems were. I am aiming for totally natural drug free this time round. Fingers crossed.

We just had our 24 wk appointment. All went well and we had a lovely friendly doctor who didn't frown at my want for a Vbac this time round. Next few appointments will be with the midwife. I signed up for a student midwife to come along with me. I figured the more support I get the better plus it is nice for the student to get hands on experience. I am hoping it works out. If it doesn't we have the option to tell her like if there is a major clash of personalities or something but she seems pretty young and eager to learn. It doesn't cost anything so a bit of a win win hopefully.
DH was supportive for me to get one as he too felt pretty out of depth with our DD at the hospital.

I had a c-section with my first due to feral distress/ cord compression then I had to beg for a vbac with my 2nd which was successful! I them went on to have 2 more c-sections :)

im so glad I found this thread! Im attempting vbac4c in may. i had prior c sections because w my first i had placenta previa. after that they wouldnt even let my labor progress. i didnt even know a vbac was an option for me until i saw a video link on facebook about a mother having a successful home birth after 4 c sections. Im currently 29 weeks. my dr is amazing and super supportive. the hospital on the other hand is not very well known for being supportive.

im so glad I found this thread! Im attempting vbac4c in may. i had prior c sections because w my first i had placenta previa. after that they wouldnt even let my labor progress. i didnt even know a vbac was an option for me until i saw a video link on facebook about a mother having a successful home birth after 4 c sections. Im currently 29 weeks. my dr is amazing and super supportive. the hospital on the other hand is not very well known for being supportive.

That is great that your doctor is being so amazing! I hope you get your vbac, wishing you lots of luck!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->