VBAC info/support

managed to book a sweep for a day past my dd so feel a bit happier now.
is anyone else due soon? x

Hello ladies!! I am so sorry for late update! Our wifi has been off & I live in a mobile signal blackspot!
Anyway, finally had my baby.. a GIRL! Willow Mary Rae 8lbs 4 on the 13th Dec
went in for induction after three failed sweeps :( They couldnt even break my waters as my cervix was too posterior, so after nine hours of consultants assessment & discussion off to theatre i was taken for a section! Sad I didnt get my Vbac, but not as sad as I thought I would be :) There was nothing I could have done to change anything & I have a GIRL!
amazing.
Good Luck Heidi, will be stalking! Fishy- thanks for all your help/support. Hope youre enjoying your boys! xxxx

Aww congratulations on the birth of baby Willow Shell.

Great to hear from you xx

Yey! So pleased to hear that you've got your beautiful baby girl and that you're both safe and well. Tbh I've heard from others that a c section can be much nicer than an induction. Either way I'm just so pleased it went well. Thanks for updating us.. oh and I love the name! X

Thanks angel.
Yes the C section was actually quite nice & chilled in the end..the staff were so lovely & caring- definitely not a bad result!
My recovery has been fast & I feel quite good two weeks on, almost myself again :) My SPD went straight away too... which is SUCH a relief! xx

Congrats Shell :)

Had my consultant appoitnment today and she really upset me. Shes not really wanting me to try again her words were we offer csections and sterilisation.... im 24! Basically shes told me its safer to have another csection and to be sterilised as its not safe to have anymore children. I told her sterilsation IS NOT and option and it was my choice and my body if i wanted to try again and id see her in a few weeks to dicuss further. Really p*ssed me off what she said!

I'm so excited! I just signed my VBAC paperwork!! Midwife says I'm an excellent candidate and everything should go very smoothly. She also said that they will be monitoring me extra closely, just as a precaution.

Congrats Shell :)

Had my consultant appoitnment today and she really upset me. Shes not really wanting me to try again her words were we offer csections and sterilisation.... im 24! Basically shes told me its safer to have another csection and to be sterilised as its not safe to have anymore children. I told her sterilsation IS NOT and option and it was my choice and my body if i wanted to try again and id see her in a few weeks to dicuss further. Really p*ssed me off what she said!

Can you not change care provider?

Jadey that's terrible. I can't believe she said that.

Jewel that's great news xx

That's great news Jewel :thumbup:

But Jadey - I can't believe your consultant said that to you. That was so cold of them.

I don't know your medical history but would suggest getting a second opinion if you can. If a second consultant says anything similar ask them to talk you through the risks in detail, but
at the end of the day its your body and they can't force anything on you. They can try to steer you in a particular direction but they can't force you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

Both of my sections were because of waters breaking at 41+2 and 39+1 and i failed to progress with my first and they just left me with my 2nd and didnt offer to induce until nearly 48 hours after my waters went with my 2nd.... and when my waters did go with my 2nd i noticed there was green meconium when i wiped at first but they said to me there was nothing to worry about! When they took me down to theatre he came out green so i was right and they had to keep a close eye on him so its a good job i didnt say yes to being induced as i wouldnt like to think what would of happened :-(
I dont know if i can change consultant as here in the uk i was just assigned one. I really dislike my hospital as both times i felt as if i was left to things with zero support from the staff there. So im not sure what to do as thats my only local one. :-s

You can change a health care provider that you are not happy with, although I am not sure how you go about it. You could still change hospital at this point too. Maybe try asking your midwife how to change consultants/hospital?

I believe in the UK it is common for many consultants to try and convince you to get sterilised after 3 c-sections though. But you do not have to agree to it! They base it on the risks involved in potentially having a 4th c-section however it is your choice and they can not force the issue.

I had my 16 week consultant appointment today and they have agreed my vbac and don't want to see me again until 41weeks. The appointment felt like a waste of time, consultant didn't explain pros and cons of either delivery and hadn't even read my notes!! I am just grateful they have agreed my vbac :)

I had my consultant appointment today and he agreed to a trail of labour in theory providing everything still seems okay at my 36 week scan and appointment. There are more restrictions than I thought though. I need to go in the moment early labour starts, I have to have constant monitoring, I have to get a cannula put in, and I have to get an epidural. He will attempt an induction if I get to 41 weeks although I will only be given 24 hours for it to work and I will get a c-section if not in labour by that point. I was sort of left feeling like I will end up with an EMCS anyway even if I try for a VBAC. Basically the best case scenario is so far off what I thought it might be that I am left wondering if I should even bother. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->