VBAC info/support

im so glad I found this thread! Im attempting vbac4c in may. i had prior c sections because w my first i had placenta previa. after that they wouldnt even let my labor progress. i didnt even know a vbac was an option for me until i saw a video link on facebook about a mother having a successful home birth after 4 c sections. Im currently 29 weeks. my dr is amazing and super supportive. the hospital on the other hand is not very well known for being supportive.

That is great that your doctor is being so amazing! I hope you get your vbac, wishing you lots of luck!!!!!

thank you! im so excited!

Ladies!!! I did it!!! I got my vbac!!! Please see the link for my story!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...sitive-vbac-induction-story.html#post26349891

That is great! Congrats! Glad he is doing well. What a little champ!

Ladies!!! I did it!!! I got my vbac!!! Please see the link for my story!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...sitive-vbac-induction-story.html#post26349891

i just love your story! thats just amazing! i hope to report the same and beat the odds of having a vbac 4c! congrats on your little one !

Thanks, everyone!! I am healing very well from the 2nd degree tear (which I would take ANY DAY over recovering from a c-section scar) and generally feel great! :)

We just moved house over Easter break...exhausting... so happy to hear your news! I really am hoping this baby comes a bit earlier than our last...just so it doesn't get too huge! I am worried about the birth and been having nightmares about it. And other weird dreams. last night I was dreaming that my DH's gay friend wanted to marry me and everyone was happy for us...I was like "no I don't love him why would I marry him?
and even my DH was okay with it as he said we would be more financially secure. I was like "What the heck I am carrying your baby!"

Oh these pregnancy dreams!!! I've been having weird ones too.
I've been worrying about my birth too. I'm so scared to have a repeat of my birth with my daughter. Everyone keeps telling me that I could lose my reproductive system and that is starting to bug me.

Does anyone know if i can change consultants in the uk? How would i go about it?

Im not happy at all from todays appointment. Ive been in two minds throughout this pregnancy wether or not to try again vaginally or to have a planned section.

Today i was mentioning a vaginal and she said that there was no point in trying as most women who have had 2 sections will NOT go on to have a normal delivery and that id be in danger if i was to opt for it. Shes really upset me! I want encouragment not things like that thrown in my face!!! Now im doubting myself and my body that it will never happen which isnt a good mind set :-( Gahh i wish someone had a magic ball and tell me that everything would go to plan with a vaginal!

Hi
I have had 2 sections and want to try for a 3rd baby but I am scared that my only birthing plan is and elective section.

I had no idea that it was possible to try for a VBAC with 2 sections behind you.
I have been told by the hospital and my friend who is a midwife that I have no choice.

I would love to try a natural birth if I had a normal healthy pregnancy.

I hope you get your wish too.

Hello Ladies. Today I am a bit discouraged. I am 31 weeks and a week ago was in the hospital for preterm labor. and spoke of my drs support of a vbac after 4 c sections. I went to follow up w my dr Friday and she informed me that due to the politics of our situation that the hospital will not allow me to do a vbac unless I come in over 7 cm dilated. She said I will have to labor at home as long as possible. I have been struggling to find support of the choice to labor at home. My husband said he will support me no matter what. I have spoken w midwives who informed me that my uterus is no different than a woman w 1 prior c section because my prior scar tissue and incision were removed during my last surgery. I have found so many other mothers like myself who have had vbac after 4 c sections and had to travel several hours for support. My dr says I have more than a 90 percent chance of being successful but the hospital itself is refusing to take part. I just hope I have the strength to follow my heart and do this!

So you had your first with placenta previa and then the rest were just repeat c sections right? How comfortable would you be with a home birth or a birth center birth (if you have any near you)?

So you had your first with placenta previa and then the rest were just repeat c sections right? How comfortable would you be with a home birth or a birth center birth (if you have any near you)?

that's right. babies 2,3 and 4 were delivered via emergency c section because I was in labor. my drs for each refused to do a vbac and I was never informed that I actually had an option. I was told active labor would kill me and the baby. I know now that I was terribly lied to.

I am very comfortable with birthing at home. the birth centers in my area wont see me because I have had more than 3 c sections and they are legally not allowed to assist me. one of my friends is a trained midwife and is in nursing school right now. she lives 3 minutes away and thankfully wont be in school at the time I reach full term. I am expecting to go into labor within the next 5 weeks as I did with all of my children. I have a large tub and have always wanted a water birth. I am a trained massage therapist so I know acupressure points to use and know I have the knowledge to do this. and luckily my friend has had 5 vaginal births so she can help me through transition etc. the only thing I worry about is that if there is some sort of complication, the nearest hospital is not covered by either insurance company we have. Do I have the choice to leave the hospital if I go in and get checked and im only 4 or 5 cm dilated or will they make me stay??

I need to know what my rights are. I am sick of feeling like I have no choice in this matter. The hospital is telling me I have no choice

I don't think they can legally make you stay, but I don't know what you might go through trying to show back up. This is a really tough spot to be in. I am very sorry. Could your friend be around the house and do a couple of internals on you to help judge where you are at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->