VBAC info/support

I had a EMCS for brow presentation with number 1.

VBAC but assisted with number 2 due to him being distressed. Took one hour 20 mins to fully dilate and 20 mins to deliver him and placenta.

Want a HBAC this time as think I'll probably labour quickly again and have 2 LOs to think of. OH is dead against the idea.

Any thoughts anyone? Xx

How are you all? I think I'm having bra ton hicks...never had them with Libby so am curious as to how long the generally last? Woke up in the night with cramps and lower back ache...been on and off like that all day the pain isn't unbearable but it is painful and lasts about 20 seconds ?
On another matter...at my appointment I was measuring 2 wks behind. midwife didn't seem concerned. But the baby also has a fast heartbeat. She said to lay off the coffee.

Drink some water Libby. Being not hydrated enough (dehydrated sounds way worse) can make them happen. Your uterus will tighten then release. If you're having a few you should time them. My Dr says if they get to 6/7 and hour to call. I've gotten to 8 an hour this pregnancy once but started downing water and it helped.
I've been having them since 14 weeks this time. But now they're getting to the point I have to breathe through them.

Thanks miss fox I took a warm shower and it helped and put the wheat heat bag on my back. I
Will be drinking more water too!

Wow I haven't been on the board for months after taking a BnB break and I am so chuffed to find the VBAC thread still alive!!

If anyone wants me to put resources onto the first posts then PM me them X

what a long weekend. still no baby! been contracting like crazy, they became very strong all day yesterday and 6 minutes apart for more than 8 hours. i couldnt sit down, i was on all 4s with dh using counter pressure on my back. i was having a lot of back pain as well. tried nipple stimulation, dtd, walking around made them come quicker and they lasted average of 50 seconds but a lot went well over a minute.

One of my friends came over who Is a nurse, who use to work the maternity ward at the hospital and she said i needed to be checked before she left. Since my midwife was attending another labor of course i let her cuz i was going nuts not knowing what was going on. Sadly, my cervix has not changed but half a cent. BUT baby is at +1 station and she was able to feel his head right there. Im having menstrual cramps which a lot of research says is my cervix dilating more.

I was woken up a lot during the night with contractions, but sadly they have spaced out again and things have once again stalled:( i am exhausted and my husband is even more confused than ever. Today i am going to go about my chores and walk around a lot etc. and see what happens. I have a feeling that when things finally kick in gear that my labor will go fast. fingers crossed something happens in the next day or so.

hope everyone else is doing well in their vbac dreams!

Good luck Mama!! I am sorry it hasn't happened yet, but it sure wounds like it will soon!

i have to share this link. i am in shock. here we are fighting for our rights to have a natural birth and there is someone out there fighting for a c section with her first child! because she doesnt want it to affect her vagina to deliver naturally and says that she will resent her child if she has it natural..WOWWW

https://www.babycenter.com/400_how-...385.bc?startIndex=20&sortFieldName=createDate

i have to share this link. i am in shock. here we are fighting for our rights to have a natural birth and there is someone out there fighting for a c section with her first child! because she doesnt want it to affect her vagina to deliver naturally and says that she will resent her child if she has it natural..WOWWW

https://www.babycenter.com/400_how-...385.bc?startIndex=20&sortFieldName=createDate

I think cases like this happen lots more than we realize. Sad, but they are not likely to change their thinking:(

I would like to contact the hospital I am birthing at to find out what their policies are, but I am not sure who to ask for. I am in the US, I don't want to just call L&D and get some nurse telling me whatever she wants or thinks is right. I have no idea where to start. I want to start on my birth plan, but I want to know where I stand. I don't want to go in swinging for something that they were never going to let happen.

I had to laugh as a friend of mine's sisterinlaw did that exact thing...had a c-section elected cause she didnt want her lady bits stretched...I almost died of shock when my friend informed me of her decision. I couldn't get my head around why someone would willingly take up major surgery because of her precious vagina! Seriously do not understand people sometimes!

I had to laugh as a friend of mine's sisterinlaw did that exact thing...had a c-section elected cause she didnt want her lady bits stretched...I almost died of shock when my friend informed me of her decision. I couldn't get my head around why someone would willingly take up major surgery because of her precious vagina! Seriously do not understand people sometimes!

Last laugh on them wait till they have another baby and get the little overhang of skin from a previous cs lol at least pelvic floor exercises will sort out our lady bits you need a surgeon for lose skin :wacko:

Wow I haven't been on the board for months after taking a BnB break and I am so chuffed to find the VBAC thread still alive!!

If anyone wants me to put resources onto the first posts then PM me them X

Great to see you back chuck, you have been missed!

sore boobs...woke up with them...omgosh painful! Just another thing to add to the list I guess. I tried expressing a little but it kinda hurt...can you get mastitis before you have a baby?

the woman went so far as to say she would not only break up w the childs father for not supporting a voluntary section, but said that it either the c section or no baby at all! It made me sick to my stomach.

sore boobs...woke up with them...omgosh painful! Just another thing to add to the list I guess. I tried expressing a little but it kinda hurt...can you get mastitis before you have a baby?

i do not know if you can get mastitis or not yet, but i have been having really sore boobs myself. had my dh massage them and it was sooo sore. ive started lactating already. they were so huge when i woke this morning that my husband could not stop staring at them! but my first instinct was to smack his hand when he tried to feel cuz it hurt! taking a hot shower and rubbing them really helped a lot. i hope they feel better.

Hi all :hi:

Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. I am hoping for a hospital vbac in September. I had DS by cs two years ago, after my waters broke, I was induced but failed to progress past 9cm.

I found the whole experience terrifying and traumatising so am really hoping for a healing experience this time. I will have DH and my mum with me and I have hired a doula this time around.

My 'vbac discussion' appointment will be when I'm 32 weeks so hopefully they decide I'm a good candidate for a vbac :)

Hi all :hi:

Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. I am hoping for a hospital vbac in September. I had DS by cs two years ago, after my waters broke, I was induced but failed to progress past 9cm.

I found the whole experience terrifying and traumatising so am really hoping for a healing experience this time. I will have DH and my mum with me and I have hired a doula this time around.

My 'vbac discussion' appointment will be when I'm 32 weeks so hopefully they decide I'm a good candidate for a vbac :)

it is a pleasure to meet you!! i know a lot of us share similar feelings regarding our past deliveries via c section. I dont see why you wouldnt be a good "candidate". I have had to fight for my vbac and im delivering at home. Im in labor right now! If I can do it after 4 c sections, i know you can! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->