VBAC info/support

:happydance: It has officially begun!! been in labor all night, trying to sleep through it, with little luck. wish me luck on hba4c!!!

:happydance: It has officially begun!! been in labor all night, trying to sleep through it, with little luck. wish me luck on hba4c!!!

OMG good luck you will do brilliant and can not wait to read the update, positive vibes heading your way xxx:happydance::happydance:

Hi all :hi:

Just thought I'd pop by and introduce myself. I am hoping for a hospital vbac in September. I had DS by cs two years ago, after my waters broke, I was induced but failed to progress past 9cm.

I found the whole experience terrifying and traumatising so am really hoping for a healing experience this time. I will have DH and my mum with me and I have hired a doula this time around.

My 'vbac discussion' appointment will be when I'm 32 weeks so hopefully they decide I'm a good candidate for a vbac :)

it is a pleasure to meet you!! i know a lot of us share similar feelings regarding our past deliveries via c section. I dont see why you wouldnt be a good "candidate". I have had to fight for my vbac and im delivering at home. Im in labor right now! If I can do it after 4 c sections, i know you can! :thumbup:

Thank you :hugs:

All the best with your birth, go mumma!! Can't wait to hear about your birth x

I hope that everything goes well for you Mama! Keep us posted! Enjoy the ride!

im devastated and feel completely betrayed. My midwife just called me and said she will not support my home birth. She prayed this morning and said she got a "feeling" that i should go to the hospital. At my last ultrasound the dr said my placenta was up on the right but that the bottom of it was near my incision, but NOT anywhere near my cervix. i had placenta previa and placenta accreta ruled out by both the dr and perinatologist at 33 weeks. And my midwife has known this last month EVERYTHING. she was well aware. i just went and bought all these damn supplies to deliver the baby at home. including expensive herbs to help regulate any bleeding after delivery. And after everything she wants me to go to the hospital on a FEELING!!! I think honestly it has something to do w the fact that she has 3 other clients this week that are due and i was on the bottom of the totem pole.

What am i suppose to do! I FIRED MY DR!! now i will be at the mercy of the on call dr! I dont want to go. i dont know what to do now.

Oh Mama, I am so sorry. I don't know what to tell you, I am not experienced with home birth at all. I am sorry it is going this way. I wish I could say something to help.:hugs:

OMG I am shocked she let you down so badly, what about waiting a while and when it is getting close to delivery make your way to hospital when its to late but to deliver your baby natually!

I wish I was there to support you, what about your friend would she come round and check you give you an idea how you are doing and were your at!! I agree about your midwife she sounds like she can not be bothered:growlmad: what is your gut telling you, how do you feel about your body do your trust it and your baby I believe in mum knows best.

if you have any doubts get checked :hugs:

Good luck :hugs:

Do you know any other nurses or doctors in the area...say a friend of a friend? I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma. She shouldn't leave you stranded. Can she offer you a phone contact of another midwife? Do you have access to ambulance in case of emergency? deep breaths! I would hate to feel so stranded at the last moment...really not sure what advice to give!

Oh mama this breaks my heart to hear of a woman let down during labour by the people she trusted!

Has anyone heard any news?!

I do hope that she has the strength of will and belief in herself to labour well and let her body do its own thing!

im devastated and feel completely betrayed. My midwife just called me and said she will not support my home birth. She prayed this morning and said she got a "feeling" that i should go to the hospital. At my last ultrasound the dr said my placenta was up on the right but that the bottom of it was near my incision, but NOT anywhere near my cervix. i had placenta previa and placenta accreta ruled out by both the dr and perinatologist at 33 weeks. And my midwife has known this last month EVERYTHING. she was well aware. i just went and bought all these damn supplies to deliver the baby at home. including expensive herbs to help regulate any bleeding after delivery. And after everything she wants me to go to the hospital on a FEELING!!! I think honestly it has something to do w the fact that she has 3 other clients this week that are due and i was on the bottom of the totem pole.

What am i suppose to do! I FIRED MY DR!! now i will be at the mercy of the on call dr! I dont want to go. i dont know what to do now.

Just reading this post - I'm new here -HI!!! Im hoping all worked out for your birth- :hugs:

I thought I would introduce myself- :) new here to this forum and TTC #8- YES #8 -- I have 4 girls all being my oldest and a set of twin boys and my "baby" boy - I gave birth to my oldest 3 vaginally no complications that God - My oldest though they had to vaccum her head- sounds weird saying that but I was 16 - so thats what they did - anyway my 4th daughter who is now 8 was born via c section - i was uinduced about 3 hrs after my water broke - i believe that as they were increasing my levels of pitocin my body just went crazy and she went into fetal distress- I am FIRMLY against pitocin- PERIOD- after having this experience- every woman i know who has had a c section induction and pitocin was involved- just my opinion -

Anyway - I got pregnant with my twins and was told i had to have them via c section- which was done 3 yrs after my last c section, they saud one was transverse and the other breech. I then immediatley became pregnant 3 mos Post C section and had my last baby boy via c section because I was told he would not do it.

I had my last c section in 2009- going on 4 years now- so I spoke to a midwife and she told me absolutely i could try - she adv to go this website - VBAC facts and i was very informed by it as well as website Birth without fear.

Im very nervous but at the same time very very excited about the idea of having a VBAC- I have an appt with a Dr in my area who specializes in it in June. My worst fear would be scarring and adhesions. I excercise regularly- I have gievn brith vaginally so mid wife says that she thinks they were concerned of UR -

I wonder if there are any woman out there with my experience of having multiple c sections and having a succesful vbac-

I would like to try at home but i think that of course given my history - that I would be ok with going to a hospital setting for the just in case- I live in Atlanta and traffic here is HORRIBLE!!! so God forbid- all I can say is Im ok with a worse case scenerio of having to have a c section if i cant puch my baby through. This time i will be very vocal about my choice - im willing to "meet" them half way - I just want to be able to have a vaginal birth given this maybe my last baby. DH would thinkIm crazy- but i think that if the Dr's clear it he would be ok too.

I hope everything is ok with labour Mama...been thinking of you...relayed your story to my husband and he was shaking his head mortified about your situation. He says maybe the midwife got scared/cold feet and worried about a possible law suite or something? Please let us know when you get the chance how things turned out. Fx for positive vibes!

Welcome new ladies!!

Thinking of Mama and sending healing vibes xxx

Two ladies in the other forum I am in have had babies...so happy for them both! Hope you are doing ok Mama!

Dropping in for news in mama but its all quiet!

Here's hoping no news is good news!

Sending happy sunny bank j

Oops!

Bank holiday vibes to everyone.

Mama our thoughts are with you! VBAC or CBAC does not matter as much as having tried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->