Very Funky Day - Am I clutching at straws?? Advice from moms or moms to be please!!xx

LilLeafyLea

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently on 13dpo and due af in 2days. I've been extremely gassy and experiencing painful bowel movements since approx 6/7dpo and my bbies are way more painful than usual (My nipples never usually hurt but this month I want to wrip them off and be done with it!).

Now, my experience is, there is no such thing as tmi on this site so I'll give it to you straight...

Yesterday I had the mother of all days. I started feeling queasy in the morning whilst driving. Throughout the day I experienced severe diarrhea (when I say severe I mean liquid and every 5minutes). :wacko: I then started to vomit from the early afternoon alternating this with the diarrhea and at some points it was simultaneous...disgusting I know and very exhausting! I couldn't eat/drink anything throughout the day and night.

This morning I woke up and felt grand! :happydance: Apart from some af cramps this morning I have no effects and have since made up for yesterday's lack of food with two bacon and egg baps and I'm still peckish! Why is it you never realise how good it is to feel well until you are sick?!

Now I'm not naive, I know this is very much looking like a 24hr bug of some sort but I haven't eaten anything different to my OH and he is perfectly fine (it's usually me with the iron gut!). It's the most likely cause of the symptoms.

I tested this morning and it was a BFN and I can't help feeling like af is on her way but I just wanted to ask on the off chance if any of you ladies who've been pregnant ever experienced this or anything similar before (or shortly after) a BFP?

Thanks so much in advance xxx

I didn't want to R&R but I, myself, have not experienced that yet. But, I know women who thought they were getting ill, due to various symptoms they had, and turned out they were just pregnancy symptoms. ;D so you're definitely not out until that :witch: appears. Hopefully someone else can come in though and say they've experienced this! :D

Best wishes! xo

Thank you Swansong, your advice is much appreciated and congrats on your pregnancy! I am so impatient, 2 days might as well be 2 years to me lol! xxx

:dust::dust:I wish I could help but I am experiencing the same things myself...

Oh no! I feel for you hun! I guess there's something going round? Hope you get over it soon and something positive comes from it! :dust: to you too xx

Just seen where you are from, it'd be a heck of a quick spreader from Uk to Kentucky lol! Take care xxx

Um, I can relate the sore nipples - I had this as one of my earliest symptoms. Also cramping and weeing a lot. No stomach problems though. Also, all my symptoms came around the time my period was due (14 dpo) and i had got a bfp by then. Before that (ie: during the tww) I had zero symptoms and was quite convinced I was out.
Good luck :) xx

Oo so there's hope for me yet! Thanks Chubbin. I think I most likely had a stomach bug due to the speed it struck and severity of it and also how quickly it passed - worth a shot though lol! Roll on Friday... :)

fingers crossed!!! roll on friday - hoping you'll get that friday feeling multiplied by 1000!!! xxxx

I had nausea but never actually vomited during my pregnancy.

I felt sick in tww but it was chills and hot flashes and aches and fatigue without having an actual fever. I don't remember if I had diarrhea or not. Nothing bad enough to remember. I did not have sore breasts any more than usual before af. I did feel off but that's not really helpful.

Everyone is different. I had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant because I didn't have the same things that other people said I should, (like the sore breasts).

fingers crossed!!! roll on friday - hoping you'll get that friday feeling multiplied by 1000!!! xxxx

Lol! Thanks hun! How's things with you this cycle? Remaining positive I hope?! xxx

I had nausea but never actually vomited during my pregnancy.

I felt sick in tww but it was chills and hot flashes and aches and fatigue without having an actual fever. I don't remember if I had diarrhea or not. Nothing bad enough to remember. I did not have sore breasts any more than usual before af. I did feel off but that's not really helpful.

Everyone is different. I had convinced myself that I wasn't pregnant because I didn't have the same things that other people said I should, (like the sore breasts).

Thanks for your info artiste, everything said was very helpful! Feel for you on the nausea and lack of vomiting though, I think I'd rather be sick and alleviate the nausea rather than drag it out all day! (If it works like that of course?!)

Your symptoms were exactly my pre af symptoms before I started taking the pill (and was the reason I was prescribed them at around 15) and they were coupled with vomiting also. I'm certainly getting my hopes up now then...and I said I wouldn't! :)

Lol! Thanks hun! How's things with you this cycle? Remaining positive I hope?! xxx

Doing my best!!! 2 days into the longest 2 weeks........ I'm so impatient!! Wish I could sleep through it!!!!! Bah!!!!

not long to wait now for you!!! I hope it's positive!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Grrr, af got her vice-like grip on me today. Damn you af and damn you 24hr bug giving me all kinds of crazy hope! I'll live voyeuristically (sp?) through your journeys this cycle instead! Let me know how you girls get on and best of luck! xxx

Sorry AF got you. :( I was sure you would get a bfp. :hugs:

I'm afraid I might not O this cycle. I'm on cd 16 and been getting a small amount of ewcm last few days but not as much as last cycle. Still no +opk.

I've only had one short postpartum period and still breastfeeding so I don't know if I'll get anywhere this month. I'm really wishing for a bfp this month or next because I'll have to stop trying soon as I'm planning a flight next year and don't want to fly too pregnant or with a newborn. Also only bd once so far because my inlaws are now living with us for 6 months and the 11 month old baby is sleeping in my bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->