Views on co-sleeping

I won't do it and even now when I hve tried to dex wont have it anyway, he just cries.

We co-slept from about 8 weeks to 6 months. We had a terrible time before it and it was a last resort but I wouldn't look back and intend to co-sleep with my next from the start to cut out weeks of battles. It was lovely and Byron just became ready to sleep on his own at 6 months.

god i hate it!! lol but unfortunetly cant get out of it atm. he tends to go bed bout 7-8pm and wakes here n ther b4 we go to bed so usually cuddle then back to bed but ometimes can take 10-15mins to settle again. then wen we go bed at bout 11ish he lways always wakes any time from then so is in our bed...but man he fidgets punches me the lot lol but wil not settle back in his own cot soooo bugging...but where we have a1 bed place its so hard to let him cry it out as were sleeping in the same room and i cant sleep thru that and feel mean as were there infront of him. so im like all out of ideas maan!!xx

I personally am not really for it. I brought Jasmine in the odd time if she was having a rough night...

I dont think its really safe. Too many people are careless and use regular comforters etc for a newborn.

Also, while it may work to get sleep with a newborn... once they get older is when the sleep issues begin. Newborns are used to noise and movement etc, but somewhere along the line they loose alot of that and become alot easier to wake. And alot of people will find they start to wake more often etc.

I also dont think it is healthy for men to be kicked out of their room/bed so mommy and baby can sleep together for the next 2 years. I just dont see that as healthy for the relationship.

I am also big into routines and making children feel comfortable by familiarity... so I had Jasmine in her own crib since 1 week old.

I am somewhat half and half, I want Elyse to be able to go to sleep on her own so at night she goes into her crib at her bedtime (10pm) then sleeps.. sometimes she wakes for a bottle between 6 and 8, if she does I get the bottle and bring her into my bed, because she goes back to sleep until 10 or 11 typically, but lately she has been just sleeping until 10:30/11, and doesn't come in my bed anymore.

I have co-slept for an entire night and I loved it, but I don't want to deal with bedtime issues later or wean her off cosleeping so I've refrained from doing it, personally, but I can understand why people do it.

I don't live with my OH/her father so it's not an issue there, but 2 coworkers of mine have a daughter together and up until 18 months (when I went on mat leave) she was not sleeping in her own crib, the guy complained all the time because he had to go sleep on the couch and if they wanted to have sex they had to do it on the couch. lol.

I was against it before, but then I did it :rofl:

I did it because I only had the one bedroom anyways, and she would only sleep if I was holding her or cuddled up next to her. I had no problems at all, and eventually around 3 months I think, I put her in the crib and that was that.

I agree that Dad shouldn't be kicked out. I think it only works if it is right for everyone. My OH is fine with it, although at first he missed his duvet!

We've co-slept since LO was around 3 months , she was fine in her moses basket and then we went on holiday and the cot they gave me was filthy so i put her in bed with us all holiday and when we got home it just stuck!

Wish i had stuck to her sleeping on own really as she's sort of half and half still in mine, i've taken the side of her cot off and its pulled right up to the side of mine, she sleeps in there until about 4/5am and then she climbs inbetween mummy and daddy! I do love her sleeping with us but OH moans about 'us' time haha

Co sleeping started Ruby off on sleeping long stretches at night! She would wake every 2 hours or so before we started co sleeping at about 8 days. I was still trying to BF at that stage and could only really do it lying down in bed so that helped settle her at night.
These days we have her in a moses basket, but we have a really low bed and the basket is right up against my side of the bed, and she sleeps through. If she did wake, I could settle her without even getting out of bed. It's a good compromise for us.

Its not for me.....Maley has always slept on her own and prefers it! Having said that, she has always been a good sleeper...had she not been, then maybe i would be writing Im a big fan!! Cos im sure i would "bring her in" if it meant she would sleep!

I just want to comment on a couple of things Ryder mentioned. When you say comforter do you mean blankets? For Byron he slept in the baby sleeping bags on top of our sheets so that we knew he wouldn't overheat. We also certainly didn't kick dad out of bed, quite the reverse! For various reasons I won't bore you all with it wasn't possible for me to hold him so Byron slept in his Dad's arms in between the two of us and that way we knew he was safe and could't fall out of bed or anything else. They both loved it and DH definitely feels it really helped them bond. It was DH that was holding back the move to a cot when it became time! We also had a routine as a family and I didn't feel that cosleeping made any difference to that. I'd definitely recommend a king size bed for the three of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->