Views on homosexuality

People can do what they want as long as they are consenting adults who are not hurting anyone. I have dabbled with my sexuality in the past and then concluded that I like men! Don't see anything wrong with two women or men hooking up at all. Must be nice to have so much in common!

If my LO said that she was a lesbian then I would fully support her in every way!

I personally don't care if someone is a homosexual. I would still love my child no matter what, but I would still prefer him to marry a nice lady and have beautiful babies one day. But in the end, its not really my decision what he chooses. I'd rather support him, than loose him.

God no you cannot support your children becoming homosexuals, that would be the worst possible thing. Axe-murders, paedophiles, rapists, yeah theyre all fine, being gay would just be embarrassing :dohh:

Yet thats what I hear still, Id love them even if they were gay like its the worst thing your children could possibly grow up to be.
Shouldnt even have to be said

God no you cannot support your children becoming homosexuals, that would be the worst possible thing. Axe-murders, paedophiles, rapists, yeah theyre all fine, being gay would just be embarrassing :dohh:

Yet thats what I hear still, Id love them even if they were gay like its the worst thing your children could possibly grow up to be.
Shouldnt even have to be said

My nieces dad is the most homophobic man you could ever come across... If he can get over the fact she's gay anyone could!!:haha:

I think everyone's sexual choice is their business. Everyone deserves to be in a loving, happy relationship that is mutually beneficial. Would I want my son to be gay, honestly no, I would want him to meet a nice woman to marry and give me lotsa grandbabies! If he was gay then I would love him anyway and accept him and his partner.

But I don't think anyone should jump on others for their beliefs, we are all entitled to our own ideals. Even in 2012 there are many people that don't want their children to marry outside their race.

As a Christian, I believe that God designed sex for a lifelong relationship between a man and a woman. So as a result I disagree with sex before marriage, divorce (apart from a few circumstances) and homosexuality.

The Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin. But so is lying, or not loving God with all your heart, soul and mind. We have all sinned. None of us are perfect apart from Jesus Christ, who died to take the punishment for our sins if we repent and put our trust in Him. The "gay people go to hell" thing is absolute nonsense. There may be some gay people in hell, but it will be because they are unforgiven sinners, not because they are gay. Salvation is offered to everyone.

I am not homophobic and I don't treat people any differently because of their sexuality. It's not really any of my business. I will still love my children no matter what they do and whether or not I approve of their choices in life will have no effect on how I treat them. I do think the Christian church has a tendency to focus too much on homosexuality, rather than just seeing it as one of many types of sin. I also think we should be concentrating on the sin in our own lives rather than pointing the finger at others.

:shock:

I believe differently.................................................

There is no god, no judge..............we are all equal, our only judge is ourselves..............we are all born the way we are for a reason.............no matter what your sexual prefrence is we should all be seen and treated equally with the same rights.

Yes male+female=babies=world goes round ...........which is why we arent all gay.............doesnt mean being gay is wrong.........or isnt 'natural'.........or a sin! oh and no one is going to hell.....well not in the sense people assume hell is anyway.

if my girls turn out to be gay, it wouldnt matter in the slightest, i would support them 100% x

There is no god, no judge..............we are all equal, our only judge is ourselves..............we are all born the way we are for a reason.............no matter what your sexual prefrence is we should all be seen and treated equally with the same rights.

Yes male+female=babies=world goes round ...........which is why we arent all gay.............doesnt mean being gay is wrong.........or isnt 'natural'.........or a sin! oh and no one is going to hell.....well not in the sense people assume hell is anyway.

if my girls turn out to be gay, it wouldnt matter in the slightest, i would support them 100% x

well said!

I couldn't care less if any or all 3 of my girls turned out to be gay, I would support them 110% and would expect any other family member to do the same.
My sister is gay and in a relationship, she has been for years so all 3 have always seen it to be no different then a 'straight' relationship and no less 'normal'.

I can't actually believe that even now, people openly state that they wouldn't encourage and actually some would discourage their kids from 'coming out' as gay or leading a gay life. I believe that you are what you are, you don't choose your sexuality, so by actively discouraging your child from living the life the way that they want to and the way in which they would be happiest you are actually encouraging them into living a unhappy, miserable life, living as someone that they are not.

I agree with this, especially the bolded bit. :)

each to their own but not negativity and abuse in front of my children lol

agree there my DS will get enough negativity in school without anyone else adding too that we're not like that in our household we tell DS about stuff that unacceptable and such he will need to accept everyone in my house cred, colour and sexuality i really don't mind what people are/do/have etc its their choice as long as they are adults and with sexuality i hate all public displays of effection so keep it to yourself and i am happy lol

The only reason I would have even a split second of flinching if either of my sons were to tell me that they were gay is because I would have to acknowledge to myself my fear of them having to face the kind of bigotry expressed on this thread today.
Did I seriously just read incest compared to homosexuality as some kind of deep philosophical question? Insulting is just the tip of the iceberg on that one.
Bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. I don't care what source is used to support it: the bible or a biology textbook.
Really rather shocked by some of the posts on this thread. As Ozzieshunnie said, I probably shouldn't be, but :shock: :nope:

I want my children to be happy: period. But then again, I have had to re-think alot of things since having a child with a permanent dissability. Nothing matters anymore but happiness and this is my childrens lives, not mine.

If society one day decided incest was okay, I'd still believe firmly against it.

Erm, I don't see how thats the same thing?

I think there are a lot of parallels between the two. If two people of the same sex can marry and live together, why can't two adults (such as a father and grown daughter) in a consensual incest relationship get married and live together?

Most people would immediately scoff at that idea because "it's just wrong." That's how some people feel about homosexuality.

There are good genetic reasons why incest is not a good thing though :shrug: and that is why it is proscribed in virtually all societies regardless of religion.

Plus there is the element of abuse and mis-use of trust ... it's hard to imagine a relationship such as you describe because of the existing relationship and love between a Father and a Daughter. For me it would be hard to believe that any sexual relationship between them was not born out of coercion on the part of the Father (as the emotionally mature and 'nurturing' party in the relationship).

In those cases which surface from time to time where a couple have got together as adults and THEN discovered the biological relationship between them, well that's something else and I do in fact feel immensely sorry for them, because to me that isn't incest in the true meaning of the word.

Homosexuality is something entirely different though ... it's not a choice and it's not harmful in terms of genetic diseases or (more importantly) abuse of emotional ties and existing relationships.

I couldn't care less if any of my children had turned out to be gay ... so what? :shrug: ....and if any one of my friends or family members had ever dared to expose my children to bigotry in any shape or form, be it racism, homophobia, religious intolerance etc, then they would have been quietly removed from my circle :growlmad:

Personally I find bigotry just as offensive as any homophobe finds homosexuality

When Em is older, I will really have no interest in her sex life. It is her business and not mine or her Dad's. I do not give 2 hoots whether she sleeps with men or women as long as she finds a happy, loving and fulfilling relationship.

If you don't like homosexual relationships fine. No-one is asking you to have one.

All I will ever want for Alice is for her to be happy and whatever sexuality she is, it will just be a small part of the amazing person I just know she is going to be. I will love her and be proud of her no matter what, that's what a mother's love should be...unconditional.

The only reason I would have even a split second of flinching if either of my sons were to tell me that they were gay is because I would have to acknowledge to myself my fear of them having to face the kind of bigotry expressed on this thread today.
Did I seriously just read incest compared to homosexuality as some kind of deep philosophical question? Insulting is just the tip of the iceberg on that one.
Bigotry is bigotry is bigotry. I don't care what source is used to support it: the bible or a biology textbook.
Really rather shocked by some of the posts on this thread. As Ozzieshunnie said, I probably shouldn't be, but :shock: :nope:

i have got to agree with you there x

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just about to post the same. It terrifies me that my child would face such prejudice for simply being who they are. My sister has faced so much negativity for being gay and im extremely proud of her for being who she is but at times have been so worried for her and to hear homosexuality being likened to incest to be honest has pissed me off and hurt me a little. I am really restraining myself from being offensive so i shall end here. xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->