Views on homosexuality

My friend was beaten to a pulp, lost most his teeth and his short term memory for being gay in London :cry:

It's so sickening! Another one of my friends went to school in the Central Valley in California and still faced bigotry. :nope: People need to think about what their biases lead to.

Just because we are on the subject and I am a nerd- interesting link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biolo...iological_differences_in_gay_men_and_lesbians

And if anyone says homosexuality isnt 'natural'....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

I love and have used that Wiki link on homosexual animals on many occasions. :D

I thought people were past the homophobia now its sad that people are still attacked over something they cant change and in the larger scale of things is rather trivial, imo as long as their happy its up to them what they do has no effect on me same as my relationship doestn affect them so I dont see why its such a big deal.

Also any man who is brave enough to take one for the team on a regular basis is braver than me lol :blush::haha:

My friend was beaten to a pulp, lost most his teeth and his short term memory for being gay in London :cry:

That's terrible. I really can't believe that these sorts of things still happen. Fortunately my sister is very lucky as she has never had to face discrimination no where near this level and I would hate to think that she would ever have too.

As for being gay being compared to an incestuous relationship? I can't believe that someone can be so ignorant as to even compare the two. :wacko: All I can say is I'm glad my kids will be more tolerable and more understanding.

i'm not homphobic (have plenty of gay friends) but i can't stand to watch them canoodling :| don't know why just makes me feel cringey. i think i'd be gutted if either of my kids turned out to be gay, mainly because i know how their dad would react. i'd still support them though! x

I was raised to be accepting of all people by my parents. Gay, straight, bi, black, white, purple, whatever. My mom's older sister is a lesbian, and myself and my little brother spents lots of time with her and her partner. My brother is also gay. Ever since he was a toddler, everyone joked that he was going to be gay, and he came out a few years ago. He is still the same person he always was. I wish parents would realize this instead of disowning their kids.

It breaks my heart that my brother has to deal with ignorant bigots calling him a fag at least once a week, usually more. I don't even like to associate with those type of people. For example my gay aunt performed my wedding ceremony, and my gay brother was my "man of honor" (no bridesmaids). One of DH's aunts decided that she and her husband and son weren't coming to our wedding because there were gay people there. I haven't spoken to them since and I say good riddance!

I personally cannot comprehend why people think other peoples' sexual orientation is any business of theirs. I can't stand homophobia. Some of the shit I have seen friends have to deal with simply because they love someone of the same gender as themself is shocking :nope:

As for my kids, as long as they grow up to be happy then I am happy.

xx

I personally cannot comprehend why people think other peoples' sexual orientation is any business of theirs. I can't stand homophobia. Some of the shit I have seen friends have to deal with simply because they love someone of the same gender as themself is shocking :nope:

As for my kids, as long as they grow up to be happy then I am happy.

xx

^^^ This - particularly the bit I've bolded !

My closest friend at work is a gay man ... unfortunately we also work with a lot of older generation bigots - one of whom once said to me 'I like 'D', but every time I look at him I'm repulsed by what he does in bed'

I mean .... WHY? Why would you look at anyone and visualise them in bed with their partner??? :wacko: :wacko:

I can honestly say i wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if my Lo told me he was Gay :) and i know my parents wouldn't be bothered either lol we just don't really concern ourselves with it, if one of my little sisters announced she was gay for example i would imagine the reaction would be "ohh okay" lol i don't know why but my family are really laid back about pretty much everything in that area, personally i believing in love being "genderless"

HOWEVER, my lo's grandparents on FOB's side, have actually disowned a child for being gay... hes a grown man now in his 30's but yeah they don't speak, and its like some secret family shame, i only know about it because my Ex spilled it out one time when he was drunk !

I'm actually speechless at some of the views here.

OP - Personally, I would be shocked, but realise it was their views. I would make it clear to them that I intend to raise my child to accept any person no matter creed, race, religion, sexual preference, upbringing, wealth etc. I would ask them to respect those wishes, as you would with any 'physical' wishes, and that there may be problems along the line if they don't.

Although, personally, if any one of Bee's grandparents told me they would not accept her for being gay then I woud question what else they would not accept...which would seriously make me think twice about whether I would want to give them the chance to get close enough fail her in the future.

It's so nice on a Sunday afternoon to be told you're going to Hell.

Edit - I'm not going down to the level of some of the abhorant comments that have been made. I do not have a problem with anyone being religious or having their own views, even some of those I may feel are verging on fundamentalists, because the people I know that are like that are still decent people, who while they have their beliefs would still talk to and accept (on the living plain at least!). I just can't fathom how the people who are so judgemental that they would not accept someone for who they are can believe it makes them a good person. IMO, fundamentally it makes this bad and no amount of love from Jesus will save you from sharing a bus to Hell with me and those pesky made-up dinosaurs.

Who said dinosaurs were made up? The Genesis account details the creation of the earth for human habitation, not the earth itself.

Dinosaurs obviously did exist prior to this for some time, as did the earth.

And Hellfire is not a biblical teaching. But thats a whole other debate :)

Sorry back on topic....

I know it's another debate, but that makes no sense. So, everything just died off and all of a sudden there were Adam and Eve?

The Bible account in the first chapter of Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or “days,” to prepare the earth for human habitation.

Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made “flying creatures” and “great sea monsters.” Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch.

The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.

When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when.

Just clearing up the misconception that christians dont believe that dinosaurs existed.

Nothing to do with homosexuality so sorry for going OT. :)

I know it's another debate, but that makes no sense. So, everything just died off and all of a sudden there were Adam and Eve?

Well I guess regardless of whether you are religious or not, evidence suggests there was a huge mass extinction where land dinosaurs and most other land animals/vegetation were killed off very quickly..

So perhaps without the "all of a sudden" bit it could be accurate. Like Shan above says, the days should not necessarily be read as literal days.

To be honest I've never discussed it with my parents but I think they would be supportive in whatever my brother, sister and I would have decided. I would support Chloe or Jaycee no matter what they chose. We're all straight and have families but I am sure that it wouldn't of changed their feelings if things had been different.

So when did the cavemen come? Cos Adam and Eve didn't sound like cavemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->