Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Sorry forgot to say - Congrats to Wildflower!

Hope4amiracle - hope it goes well with the fs, sorry you're leaving us, good luck with everything:hugs: :hugs:

Hey ladies :flower:

I've been charting this month and have just started spotting/cramps at 9DPO which would mean I have a very short LP. :cry:

Think I'm going to give these B vits a go. Is 50mg ok to start with on CD1? Also, where is the best UK place to buy these and should I be trying anything else. This will be our 3rd month ttc so not sure the doc would do any tests at this stage.

Thanks ladies.

Ive got VitB50 complex from Holland and Barrat Cuccicoo...started taking it this cycle at 9dpo just to start things off but of course havent seen any sign of AF or a bfp and Im 2 days late. Im not going to take it next month I think as Im still in limbo and I think I imagined the line I saw on FRER today as you could only see it on a certain angle and IC 10 mui was negative...as was digi...and i had a temp drop this morning.

Mrs Pop... hope you get out of limbo soon! :hugs: Thats the worst place to be!
You're going to skip the vitamin next cycle?

CucciCoo - B-50 is a great level to start at and you can take it any time... can't recommend any places as I'm in the US though, lol.

CucciCoo - B-50 is a great level to start at and you can take it any time... can't recommend any places as I'm in the US though, lol.

I just wonder whether its the 3 days of B50 (I forgot yesterday after going to hospital) thats screwed up my cycle...I dont know...I think Im just stressing a tad today :cry:

I don't think your cycle is screwed up... if anything its looking more normal than having a short LP, right?

how do you get b-6? i had a 12 day LP this cycle, and i had spotting for a whole day before my AF showed today. I really think 99.9 percent i had a fertilized egg that didnt implant :/ im interested in starting this b-6 but not sure. please someone help me?

I don't think your cycle is screwed up... if anything its looking more normal than having a short LP, right?

Very true Lisaf! Perhaps I jumped the gun thinking I had a short LP in the first place? :shrug: Who knows!!!!

Kylars mom - its recommended you take a B complex and not just B6. A B-50 or B-100 complex can be found in the vitamin aisle at most drug stores. I know its hard to find them sometimes at my local stores.. they have 8 different B vitamin styles, but not the one I want.

Mrs POP - I don't think B vits mess anyone up really ... and they're supposed to help with morning sickness when pregnant. Maybe don't give up on them just yet? No pressure though! :) :hugs:

Kylars mom - its recommended you take a B complex and not just B6. A B-50 or B-100 complex can be found in the vitamin aisle at most drug stores. I know its hard to find them sometimes at my local stores.. they have 8 different B vitamin styles, but not the one I want.

Mrs POP - I don't think B vits mess anyone up really ... and they're supposed to help with morning sickness when pregnant. Maybe don't give up on them just yet? No pressure though! :) :hugs:

Im not going to give up just yet I think (just took my evening dose tonight!). Im just so frustrated not knowing what the hell is going on with my body this cycle.

looks normal to me honestly.. though you have a lot of open-circle temps indicating you're not doing the same time every day?
The B vits may help with the spotting before AF too.

Thanks Hun, when you say 50, is that the dose they come in? Sorry to be a bit dim!

looks normal to me honestly.. though you have a lot of open-circle temps indicating you're not doing the same time every day?
The B vits may help with the spotting before AF too.

That was purely because I was on annual leave so waking up at different times.

Thanks Hun, when you say 50, is that the dose they come in? Sorry to be a bit dim!

Yes... there are several different amounts in the B-complex vitamins out there.
The ones that call themselves B-50 have 50mcg (or whichever unit of measure, lol) of each one (though usually 400 of folic acid which is fine)...
The ones that call themselves B-100 have 100mcg of each one (but still 400 of folic acid).

There are ones that just say B-complex which usually have all different amounts of each vitamin. Based on what I've read here and elsewhere on the internet, its best to take the same/similar amount of each vitamin to ensure equal absorption.

Yes... there are several different amounts in the B-complex vitamins out there.
The ones that call themselves B-50 have 50mcg (or whichever unit of measure, lol) of each one (though usually 400 of folic acid which is fine)...
The ones that call themselves B-100 have 100mcg of each one (but still 400 of folic acid).

There are ones that just say B-complex which usually have all different amounts of each vitamin. Based on what I've read here and elsewhere on the internet, its best to take the same/similar amount of each vitamin to ensure equal absorption.

I read that if you take them now you have to continue them through pregnancy or it can lead to miscarriage, is that true?? Would it hurt anything to take it? Im really leary of taking things im not too sure about but i dont want to go through this again if i had conceived and it didnt implant b/c of my luteal phase. i just got my mirena taken out and im sure thats why its screwed up, but if i take it maybe it will fix itself sooner! ugh i dont know! im so confused!!!!!!

I read that if you take them now you have to continue them through pregnancy or it can lead to miscarriage, is that true?? Would it hurt anything to take it? Im really leary of taking things im not too sure about but i dont want to go through this again if i had conceived and it didnt implant b/c of my luteal phase. i just got my mirena taken out and im sure thats why its screwed up, but if i take it maybe it will fix itself sooner! ugh i dont know! im so confused!!!!!!

I never ever read that it can cause miscarriage if you stop. And even if that were true to the extent that it supports good progesterone levels and you need good progsterone to prevent miscarriage, you would only need to worry about stopping before 12 weeks when the placenta takes over.
I know that with or without B-vits, low progesterone can cause miscarriage... and Bvits seem to help lots of women with low progesterone.

They are safe to take during pregnancy and can even help with morning sickness. The B-12 vit is supposed to help prevent miscarriage too. It very very seldom seems to have a negative effect on anyone from what I've read back through here. It can be hard for some people to find the right dose.

I was leary of taking stuff too and only cautiously added a few things at a time and either had the help of my acupuncturist in making sure it was safe or researched it all myself to make sure I wasn't overdosing on any particular vitamin.
If you JUST came off Mirena you might want to give yourself a few cycles to see what your body does. If your cycles are messed up you don't want to be wondering if its the Mirena or the vitamins. I understand the impatience since they tell you fertility resumes immediately after removal, but I know I had issues.. I jumped right into treatment (had only 1 period in 4 months after removal) and I do wonder what my body would have done on its own or with less interference.

Hey :flower:

I'm sorry to just jump in but just looking for a little bit advice.

I came off the BCP about 4 months ago and have had 'normal' 27 day cycles since then.
I have been doing OPK's since then to check if and when I was ovulating. I have been getting positives every month but it's usually about CD 16/17 - Only giving me 10dpo before AF.

Will taking VitB Complex (or similar) increase this and how often should I take it? Or should i go ask my Doc about it first?:dohh:

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Mrs_Negs

From what I have read, it should help lengthen the luteal phase. You can take up to 200mg but they say try a lower dose first. A Vit B complex of like 50/100 could work. You take it every day through out the cycle. Some people notice it working the very first cycle and their LP increases by a day or two. I just started taking it this week, and haven't noticed any side effects (except for the yellow pee, but this is normal). I am taking B-Complex 125 but you could start lower. Best wishes to you!

can you start taking a b-complex vit shortly before or after ovulation?
I'm already taking a pre-natal witch has b-vits and folic acid in it so would it hurt to add more

can you start taking a b-complex vit shortly before or after ovulation?
I'm already taking a pre-natal witch has b-vits and folic acid in it so would it hurt to add more

I dont think it matters when you start it, but you have to continue to take it. So you could start now, wherever you are in your cycle, but continue to take it through out your next several cycles. Look in your pre-natal and see how much vit b6 is in there. I believe you dont want to go over 200mg. So you could just get a lower b-vit complex so that you won't be over that. hopefully that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->