Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Im going to stop it from tonight. The nerve damage is normally from long term usage of higher doses. As my LP last cycle was good (although some spotting) I dont necessarily need it so will be going back to my pregnacare.

Hey Ladies, sorry to jump in!

I noticed the title and just wanted to ask has anyone had funny symptoms since taking B6? I started taking it for PMSS a month ago and have been going dizzy and light headed and feeling pretty crappy since. It is the only thing different i have done.

Aimee I have been getting dizzy, vertigo the last few days (broke my toe getting in shower yesterday from it)...just thought it was from my iron being low... I'll have to look it up on the net. Thnx

Wow yes it felt like vertigo, i didn't take it today and felt ok. Maybe alternate days is a good idea.

Aimee- from everything I read this am b-6 is given to help with vertigo and dizziness
Mrspop- being in the med. field I read a few papers this is a summary
Because adverse effects have only been documented from vitamin B6 supplements and never from food sources, safety concerning only the supplemental form of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is discussed. Although vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin and is excreted in the urine, long-term supplementation with very high doses of pyridoxine may result in painful neurological symptoms known as sensory neuropathy. Symptoms include pain and numbness of the extremities and in severe cases, difficulty walking. Sensory neuropathy typically develops at doses of pyridoxine in excess of 1,000 mg per day. However, there have been a few case reports of individuals who developed sensory neuropathies at doses of less than 500 mg daily over a period of months. Yet, none of the studies in which an objective neurological examination was performed reported evidence of sensory nerve damage at intakes below 200 mg pyridoxine daily
I hope it helps

can someone tell me how to know how long the lp is please . i just got my smiliey face on opk last night and tonight . and i am due near or around the 19 or 20th for af . can someone give me heads up on this please?

You should ovulate within 12-48 hours of the smiley OPK. The day after ovulation counts as 1dpo (days past ovulation). The number of DPO you get before AF shows up is your LP
So... if you ovulate today, tomorrow would be 1dpo. If AF shows up on the 20th, that gives you a 12 day LP (since the 20th would be the 13th dpo).
If you ovulate 48 hours from that positive, you might be having a shorter LP.

Thanks bdwell1904, Im in the medical field too. Im a Doctor. That excerpt you have posted is copied word for word from Wikipedia which I have read myself.

Whilst I appreciate I have only been on a low dose, however the tingling and numbness in my hands and feet have coincided with taking Vitamin B6 and I have changed nothing else in my diet etc. I did not take the Vitamin last night and stuck with my pregnacare. My fingers are still numb and my left arm is still a bit weak but my feet feel better. I can only conclude it was due to the vitamin B6. If the symptoms persist, I will of course seek further medical attention. Thanks.

hope it goes away MrsPOP ...
I know I lost feeling in my thighs for 2 weeks once just because I got soaked in a downpour and couldn't get dried out enough at work...
Also lost feeling in my finger once from carrying a heavy water pitcher at a catering gig.... that took a few weeks to come back.

So I've had nerve issues from other stuff before and when its minor, your body tends to repair itself pretty well.

Thanks lisaf :hugs:

I know whatever it is, isnt too serious and Im taking the relaxed approach to TTCing this month so Im not bothered so much that Im not taking any vitb. I did take a low dose of soy iso this month too but if Im not lucky this cycle, Im just going to go back to plain ol pregnacare, my CBFM and enjoying :sex: I think I put myself under too much pressure the past 2 cycles and that probably didnt help me at all!

Hope you're ok hon xxx

any chance the soy could have caused the tingling?

Unlikely as the tingling happened before I took the Soy and its not one of the known side effects, particularly at the low dose I was taking it.

gotcha... I just know if you have an undiagnosed thyroid problem the soy can be really bad for you.. but if the tingling happened before it, then obviously thats not causing it.

Ive had my thyroid tested looooooads of times and its all be fine *phew* Im still not going to bother with it next month though! Im a bit gutted about the Vit B, I was hoping it was going to be my little miracle worker!!!!!! Turns out I just need to relax and I needed to allow my body to recover after Mirena. I was pretty happy with my last cycle indeed!

I hope you get your BFP soon or at least get that pain issue sorted out you mentioned in the other thread.
Strange that the low dose of bvits would affect you so much.. but maybe thats just because you're getting plenty of the vitamins from your diet?

I'm sry Mrs pop didn't know you were an md, nothing I could tell you haha. What ever the case I hope you feel better soon

Not a problem bdwell, you weren't to know. I'm not an md, I'm a MBChB which is the UK Dr Qualification. Of course I don't pretend to know everything, I think it'd a sign of a rubbish Doc if you believe you know it all. I've learnt a lot of new things on here (like Soy and Vit B...more 'natural' medicine) but have also seen some real dangerously incorrect info on here under the shroud of 'medical fact'. Whilst I don't have a problem per se with Wikipedia, I did a proper literature search on it before taking Vit B and there isn't much out there in it in terms of TTCing tbh.

What field are you in?

I went to school to be a nurse but am a personal caregiver now. I know how you feel about some stuff you see, I try to read actual papers and find the best info in laymens terms to help understand it. Here we call dr qualified a practioner, I like them better most of the time because they started out in real world and have that experience to add to their knowledge. Are you still working while TTc?

Haven't updated you gals but it was BFN last cycle and NO OV which is the real mystery with the whole positive OPK and EWCM business.....
So it's Clomid round 2, increased dosage from 50mg to 100mg...so hopefully that kicks it into high gear and the B6 and Maca are there to keep the levels just lovely =)

I am still working, in fact I am in work today! But I have a week off from Monday in which I hope to enjoy some ovulation and some fertilisation!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->