Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Welcome Minky! So sorry to hear of your disappointment last week. I'm on B-100. The only way you'll know if the B-50 is enough is to use it for an entire cycle.

Things are going good here! I'm on 11DPO, this is the day last cycle that AF arrived and I don't even have any spotting yet. Temp was still high as of this morning. I'm having a few symptoms but I'm trying hard to not think about it. Depending on what my temp does tomorrow, I might test.

Progesterone Levels were 3.3 when I got my day 21 bloods on Sept. 17 =(

Still not period. I was sooooo sure I O'd...I mean I had a positive OPK and everything...all the signs were there.....and I know I could still technically have a BFP but I took a test on Thursday and BFN....AF still hasn't shown up....right now I just want either AF to show or a BFP....because no period means no ovulation and i'd be baffled if that was the case.....
Guess I'll just keep on truckin and hope for the best.
keep taking my B6 and Maca to try to get a rise in my progesterone

how many days after your OPK did you have bloods done?

I think Canada uses the same unit of measurement as the US, right? Where a 10 is normal for ovulation?
My doc considers anything above a 3 to be ovulatory and if the bloodwork wasn't done 7 days after ovulation the levels might have risen.

It was done 7 days after the positive OPK.
My doctor says he would like to see me at a 15...but that that would be sort of a miracle given the PCOS.
I don't know what my levels were at when I had my blood tested in June, I should have asked because maybe it was quite a bit higher for me (in comparison).

I don't know. I maybe I'm just insane and I didn't O at all...lol...but I had the symptoms and a positive OPK?!
You know, it's not impossible to be pregnant with your levels at 3.3 because I actually found some other ladies online that were pregnant with levels that low, doctors said they would miscarry and they didn't so who knows...I just want answers

sigh....this all is driving me crazy...lol....either AF needs to show up or I need to figure out why I mysteriously got a positive OPK amongst all the negatives...on CD15...like seriously what's up with that?

P.S. doctor has already given me the 100mg Clomid for next month...so if no BFP I'd just really like to know for sure so I can move on to the next cycle

hi girls - nice to hear some updates - looks like b6 has been doing its thing and a few nice lp's developing - hopefully some of these will be converted into :bfp: 's.

ff is saying im 4dpo today - what is weird is that means i ov'd on the high after my 2 peaks and may have stopped the bd a wee bit too soon! have always ov'd on peaks days b4 and cm had gone sticky by 2nd peak day so not sure what has happened there???

Mrs pop, minky, good luck for ur first b6 cycle. guerea, robin :dust::dust: and keep us posted. born to be i hope u get an answer soon :dust:

Hey girls, good to hear all the updates

Portable - I hope youre all gonna be joining us soon, Im never far though and will keep popping in! I cant wait until all you girls get your bfps!

Robin - Im with Lisa, think you're looking really good, fxed that :witch: will never come!

Guera - Dont give up yet - the test could still not be picking up, so maybe try again in a couple of days. good luck !:thumbup:

Minky - :hi: Welcome and good luck for your 1st cycle with the bvits, I was taking 100mg of bcomplex

Borntobeamommy - hope you get your answer soon :hugs:

Good luck to everyone testing :dust:

Oooh..those B vits work quickly...my pee was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo neon yellow this am! I got a big shock!!!!

Hey all hope you don't mind if I join. Was looking into DHEA, led me to b-6 info which led me to here. I will be 45 in Jan. and with the way I work trying to change when I ov. my LP is 12-14 days, and by my temp.s I don't appear to have a problem with progesterone. I was ntnp but had some weird cycle in May now it has me wanting to try. Anyway wanted to say thnx for all the helpful info I've read on this thread. I am going to go ahead and start the b's. I've had gastric by-pass so taking b-12 injectable already. Also thinking about the DHEA and trying soy for a cycle again after some more research. Sry 'bout the long post.
once again thnx

Born2be - Ok, so the bloodwork was done at the right time then.. near enough anyway. My FS says a 3 is ovulatory (some doctors consider a 5 ovulatory). You are on the same measurements as us in the USA so it sound like you did ovulate.
hopefully you get your BFP or at least AF so you can start the clomid!

Hi ladies.

I was wondering if you could give me some advice???
Today is CD 29 and AF is here :( I've been spotting since CD26, and I didn't get a pos OPK until CD18 which would make my LP far too short!!!
I took EPO and Agnus Castus till Ov
Pregnacare Conception throughout.
Should I have continued to take Agnus Castus?

Someone also suggested taking b-vits. How, when, how many do you take?

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid :)

Love & :dust:

Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum but soooooo glad I found this thread.

I'm 33 and TTC #3 since last summer. I had a chemical pg in May but the thing that's confused me is my cycles have gone from 25/26 days (with ov around CD12/13) when I conceived DD2 to 23 days for the last 3 months and last month I ov'd around CD14 giving me a LP of about 9 days.

I thought I was going mad cos I just knew that wasn't long enough and thanks to google (!) I was right!

So a friend recommended B6 and when I was researching I found you guys! I've just bought some B-50 from H&B and was wondering whether starting today will affect things this cycle (CD2 today)?

Also at DH's request I went to the GP today and she has said they will take bloods about a week after I ov this cycle to check my progesterone amongst other things. Would taking the B-vits affect these tests at all? Would it be better to stop taking it around ov so that the tests are accurate?
Thanks in advance......sorry for so many qus in my first post :dust::dust: to all!!! x

Hello to the newbies,

I am no expert, but I started taking B6-100 middle of last cycle and that cycle increased from 9 to 11 days. This cycle I have taken B6-100 throughout and I am 12 days today. I am pretty sure af is on her way as I had a massive temperature dip, but the good news is my lp has increased. I also used to spot a couple of days before and that has completely stopped!

I have also been having acupuncture so not sure if that also has something to do with it.

Taking the vitamins shouldn't affect your blood test results, but there are other lovely ladies on here who are much more knowledgeable than me so they may be able to advise you.

Well B-6 has worked for me, last cycle LP was only 10days, this one so far it is at least 12, so that makes me feel much better.

Had a tiny temp rise today, and a super super faint 2nd line. Not sure what to think of the hpt, I know its early and its such a faint line that DH thinks im nuts. Got an equate and will test soon.
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....

Hi Beth - take what the bottle tells you to... a daily dose (usually 1 tablet). Agnus Castus shouldn't be taken when pregnant... its not known to cause problems, but its just an 'unknown' so best to avoid (as far as I know anyway) this means some girls take it up until ovulation to be safe, some wait for their BFP. I know some girls who take it until 7dpo to possibly help support their progesterone during that time.

It can take a few months for the effects of everything to accumulate enough to fix your cycle.

ELN - There shouldnt' be any issue with starting the B vit on CD2... I don't think there's problems starting it any any point in your cycle, and heck, it gives you another cycle of accumulation in your system etc...
I highly doubt the B vit will mess up your blood test... I was on B-100 for several months and it did not have a big effect on my progesterone blood tests (I had SEVERAL). My spotting had stopped but I was also doing acupuncture so its a little hard to pinpoint what fixed my spotting.

Guera - omg... FX'd for you!!! So exciting!!! This thread is so lucky!!! Keep us posted and come join us on the 'other side' when you're ready :haha:

Well B-6 has worked for me, last cycle LP was only 10days, this one so far it is at least 12, so that makes me feel much better.

Had a tiny temp rise today, and a super super faint 2nd line. Not sure what to think of the hpt, I know its early and its such a faint line that DH thinks im nuts. Got an equate and will test soon.
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....
patience is a virtue....

Fx! It's looking good for you! How exciting!

Hi! Just wanted to check back in. I looked into Vit B6 to "fix" the 5+ days of spotting I was experiencing pre-AF. I started taking half of a Vitamin B Complex (B-100) tablet daily, starting mid-cycle (around O time). Lo and behold, I got KTFU!

Of course, I can't say for certain if the B6 is what did it, but it definately didn't hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->