Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I read that if you take them now you have to continue them through pregnancy or it can lead to miscarriage, is that true?? Would it hurt anything to take it? Im really leary of taking things im not too sure about but i dont want to go through this again if i had conceived and it didnt implant b/c of my luteal phase. i just got my mirena taken out and im sure thats why its screwed up, but if i take it maybe it will fix itself sooner! ugh i dont know! im so confused!!!!!!

I never ever read that it can cause miscarriage if you stop. And even if that were true to the extent that it supports good progesterone levels and you need good progsterone to prevent miscarriage, you would only need to worry about stopping before 12 weeks when the placenta takes over.
I know that with or without B-vits, low progesterone can cause miscarriage... and Bvits seem to help lots of women with low progesterone.

They are safe to take during pregnancy and can even help with morning sickness. The B-12 vit is supposed to help prevent miscarriage too. It very very seldom seems to have a negative effect on anyone from what I've read back through here. It can be hard for some people to find the right dose.

I was leary of taking stuff too and only cautiously added a few things at a time and either had the help of my acupuncturist in making sure it was safe or researched it all myself to make sure I wasn't overdosing on any particular vitamin.
If you JUST came off Mirena you might want to give yourself a few cycles to see what your body does. If your cycles are messed up you don't want to be wondering if its the Mirena or the vitamins. I understand the impatience since they tell you fertility resumes immediately after removal, but I know I had issues.. I jumped right into treatment (had only 1 period in 4 months after removal) and I do wonder what my body would have done on its own or with less interference.

awesome thank you!! that helps a lot! My periods returned to normal immediately and my cycle was 31 days which is exactly normal from pre-mirena, the only thing messed up was i ovulated late and short luteal phase =( so im praying it will straighten itself out this month!!

can you start taking a b-complex vit shortly before or after ovulation?
I'm already taking a pre-natal witch has b-vits and folic acid in it so would it hurt to add more

Hi Mindy, you can start the BComplex anywhere in your cycle and you should take it all the way through, you will need to take it for at least one full cycle before you notice a difference. I was taking 100mg along with my prenatal, the folic acid is an added bonus and you cant have too much of it as we have discussed on here previously!

Good luck :thumbup:

I got a :bfp: on the second cycle of taking B50-complex. I think B vitamins helped. After taking the B50-complex for the second cycle, I got a positive OPK one day sooner than normal, and it straightened out my Basal Body temperatures before ovulation. Usually, I get a temperature spike on the day I get a positive OPK, and the next day I get a temperature dip, and then the temperature goes up and stays up during the luteal phase. But this time I didn't get the temperature spike and dip around the time of ovulation. I think this was because of the B50-complex. I took B50-Complex vitamins through out this cycle, and I think I will continue to take the B50-Complex vitamins. I got my BFP on September 24, 2010.

I also used softcup and preseed and grapefruit juice to increase cervical mucus.

I took pineapple juice from one day after ovulation until 9 days after ovulation because I heard that it could help with implantation, but after I heard that taking too much of it while pregnant could be dangerous and cause contractions, I stopped taking it.

Hi again
Thanks for the helpful replies to my last post - started on the B-Complex on monday (CD2). My question is could they have affected my cycle already though? I "normally" ov around CD14 giving me a LP of 9 (ish) days. Today is CD 8 I I have crampy feelings and a bit of EWCM starting along with a feint line on an internet cheapy OPK.......I never got proper dark lines, more about the OPKs than anything else I think cos they are dirt cheap!
So could the B-complex have pushed my ov back so much so quickly? Anyone else had results so quickly? Don't think I am ov today/tomorrow but could be in the next 3 days or so which would push it back by 3/4 days. My skin's gone a bit crappy too which often happens around ov?
TIA x

Hiya all

Sorry I haven't been following the thread but thought in case anyone was interested I would do an update - because I probably have the shortest luteal phase out of everyone! I have had a consistent 6 day luteal phase for the 4 months after coming off the pill (Logynon). This is my 5th month and I am experimenting by not taking any vitamins or pills (except folic acid). So far my cycle has been a fair bit different, I had EWCM earlier, and had noticable pimples on my face, which are disgusting but I'm hoping this means the hormones are starting to happen! Instead of a sharp peak of temp I had a slow rise and lower temps which confused me in terms of ovulation, but FF has put ovulation at CD18, which is the earliest I have ever had it. I hope this is true! My temps this morning was a definite post ovulation temp and I have had some post ovulation symptoms so I'm pretty sure ov happened at some point over the last few days.
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for my CD21 blood test (I hate blood tests!) which will be at 6 dpo if FF is right, so hoping to get some answers from that. I have not thought much about TTC this month, have been much more relaxed. I am off to Australia and Malaysia in a few days, if I get a chance to update I will let you know how I get on if anyone is interested! I won't get my test results until I get back, so it will be relaxation time and then back into TTC next month.

Babydust for all............!

Hi MrsF, I've been stalking your chart and so far so good! Hope this is your month, and you either get your BFP or the answers you need. You'll still always be one of the Bvit Gals even if you're not taking them :winkwink:

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! And please keep us posted on your test results. Thinking of you. :flower:

:dust:

C

Thanks Crissie! How are you guys going - I miss you guys!!! Hope you are all having wonderful pregnancies, you deserve them, hope I will be joining you soon! I remember the cycle you got your BFP you were talking about skin problems... now me too!! Maybe my body is waking up, although at the moment I am just hoping for a normal cycle! We went to Spain on the weekend and I was a bit naughty, had some sangria and some bacardi breezers on the beach, now I feel all guilty! It was nice to relax and unwind though. Will definitely keep you updated on the doctors appointment, I am interested to see the results. Your little bean is getting bigger! xxx

Yeah an Olive! :haha: My skin is still bad... I think it was the rise in progesterone, so that's a good sign for you. My BFP cycle temps were on the low side and the only thing that made me think that I could be preggas was the fact the my temp didn't drop at 10DPO like usual and they just kept going up. Along with hot flushes at night. I tested the day after AF was due. At least you only have one or so days left... :thumbup:

Don't feel guitly about the alcohol, I don't think it's a big issue till you get your BFP. I have loads of friends that got trollyed before they found out, and their kids are fine! You need the release/relaxation somtimes. Anyway better get it in while you can. Funny I was not a big drinker before I got preggas but now I would kill for a glass of wine!

We've missed you too!, I'm patiently waiting for you to join us. :coolio: PMA!

Aw thanks :flower:
I know, I'm not even really worried about the low temps - I am just happy my cycle is doing something different! Thanks for the reassurance on the booze, I don't know I tried to everything perfectly for 4 months and that didn't get me anywhere, so I just decided not to care! When are you due? You must have had your first scan by now, was it amazing?

I had an early reassurance scan at the EPU at St Georges hospital but only because I was spotting. That was at 6 weeks and I only saw a flashing blob, all was ok. According to FF I'm due on the 7th May.

You only get your dating scan from 12 weeks. I haven't even got a call from a midwife yet! I'm still waiting. I chose to go to Kingston hospital and I'm a little nervous now as they are renowned for being understaffed. Oh well, taking things in my stride. :coffee: I take reasurance that you don't always get the care you want on the NHS but they certianly won't let you die. :haha:

Maybe it's better just to relax about the whole TTC thing, it seems to work wonders for some. And so do wonderful relaxing holidays, so fingers crossed!

Ah i thought there was a standard scan at 8 weeks, but that might be australia, everyone I know with babies is Australian. It might be different here. Or maybe I am just confused! Glad your little bub is doing well!! :happydance:

Hi ladies. I am back at work and thought I would let ya'll know about my week. I went to walmart after I got off work last Tues and got b-6 100, b-12 25(i take 4), DHEA,vit C. I am always on prenatal, folic acid, iron, and zinc. I took the DHEA, iron and vit c at lunch. I'm taking the others at breakfast. I can say that my energy level has gotten better. I am due to ov on the 14th and have cm a day earlier than usual. I am once again at work on the week I ov. Looks like 45 will get here before anything else.
Congrats on all the good news I missed. Ya'll take care

Hey MrsF great update! It looks like things are moving in the right direction for you, I really hope you will be joining us soon :hugs:

Seems like your relaxing is doing some good so keep it up through your hols :coolio:

Would love to hear your test results, keep us posted! :dust:

Hey guys, Ive been taking VitB50 for about 10 days-ish and Im a bit concerned, Im getting pins and needles in my fingers and my feet feel a bit numb. I might stop them, as my LP was 13 days last cycle and I was only carrying them on due to pre-AF spotting.

I haven't had anything like that myself. Today, don't know why, I have been plagued with dizziness, broke my toe getting in shower :dohh: If you figure it out let us know hun.

hi ladies - month 3 of b vits - not really sure wot is happening. Month one - perfect 28 day cycle - with ovulation detected though AF remained light light light. Month two, 21 day cycle! ovulation detected but shorter lp and another rediculously light AF. Month 3 have decided to stick with bvits and agnus castus but have added Dong quai into the mix - would really love to have a proper AF.

Anybody tried dong quai or heard much about it??????

Enjoy ur hols Mrs F

Mrs pop scary about the tingling! think that is normally only associated with doses of 200mgs or more , but maybe best to com eof it and c if tingling setttles

Hello ladies,

Iv been taking multivits plus 40mg B6 every day since half way through my cycle, if you take a look at my chart you can clearly see the impact it's had on my temps and I actually got an ovulation dip and post ovulation spike!! First time ever!!

MrsPop - I would cut out the B vits and see if the tingling stops... its not the kind of thing I would recommend ignoring. It may not be the Bvits but if the tingling stops after you stop the vits... well then yeah.

portablechick - I heard a teensy bit about Dong Quai back in the beginning of TTC... but the fact that it wasn't very popular on here made me think it might not be that useful? The girls on this board seem to get into EVERY possible TTC trick, lol (including tomato soup?!). I'd be a little hesitant in your shoes to mix Dong Quai with the Agnus Castus.
Maybe leave this cycle alone and try some different combo next cycle?

My acupuncturist put me on some herbs that I have no idea what they really were... she had me do one month of something to sort of freshen up my lining (I think it was called 'clear the palace' :haha:) Then she had me on other herbs etc.

I have heard that TOO much B6 can actually nerve damage. Could be why your gettin the pins and needles effect. I would just stick to a basic prenatal for a while and possibly dicuss with your doctor if your should continue taking it or just lower the dosage. I too have LDP and will be startin my first cycle of clomid when AF arrives.

can someone tell me how to know how long the lp is please . i just got my smiliey face on opk last night and tonight . and i am due near or around the 19 or 20th for af . can someone give me heads up on this please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->