Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have been having problems that seems to connect to vit B6; I've been taking B100 complex for nearly a month now and so far haven't had any side effects relating to numbness, tingling or vertigo, so fingers crossed that this continues. I have noticed a few things though - massive libido :blush: and more CM. Also, in general, my BBT readings are less haphazard.

It's not been a great month from the point of view of TTC, as I haven't seen a big temp shift and I'm unsure if I've ovulated yet or not (unless the small upward shift today was the start of it - it's normally more dramatic though). I'm on CD26 and I normally see the shift by CD21. :cry:

I had a load of darkening then lightening OPKs on CD16 / 17 and a slight BBT rise, but that quickly dropped again. Then I thought I got a positive OPK on CD22, so maybe I did ovulate on CD 23 or 24, which would explain the slow climb in BBT (I normally have a sharper rise than this; it's barely above the coverline as yet). As I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle, I suppose my body is taking its time getting back to normal. I reckon my ovaries have had a couple of goes at gearing up to ovulation and I can't know for sure yet whether they've been successful. I've read that your cycle can be a bit messed up after early miscarriage and it doesn't surprise me cos my body and my head were defo in pregnancy mode. :sad1:

Anyway, the current situation is that I don't have the slightest clue whether the B complex is helping my luteal phase or not, cos I'm not even sure I'm in luteal phase. :shrug: I guess I just have to be patient and let everything go back to normal, though there is still a small chance of a BFP this month. I'm going to try not to dwell on it too much in the meantime.

I heard a really positive story today about LPD. A girl I know is 17 weeks pregnant now after a long time TTC, a luteal phase averaging 6 days and at least one chemical pregnancy. She swears that acupuncture made the difference, though I think she was taking Clomid too. It is possible, by hook or by crook...

Laura (minkysouth) X

Hey Laura,
Glad to hear you are seeing at least some benefits from the vit B
I did acupuncture, vit B without seeing any change in my progesterone levels ... clomid at the right dose totally made the difference for me.

So it depends on your patience level etc... hopefully you see a shift soon... gradual rise isn't always a bad thing and I had one super late ovulation one cycle too.

Well I've not been taking the VitB for over a week now and the tingling has stopped. My big toe is less numb too. I can only conclude they weren't right for me :(

Hi Lisa

I hope that the b6 works for me, but I'm willing to look into other options if there is no change in my luteal phase over the next couple of months. For me, the fact that I have managed one healthy pregnancy gives me hope that my body can do it again. My worry is that the birth of my DS might have somehow affected 'my natural rhythms' and I might need Clomid or something similar to put it right. I'm still fingers crossed about B-Complex though.

How's your pregnancy going? Are you feeling well? It won't be long before you're feeling the first little flutterings - it's like a wee twitch in your tummy.:baby: I first felt my DS move at a pop concert and he still enjoys 'getting down' to a good tune. :happydance:

Oh, one more thing for all the girls on this thread who are still TTC... :dust:

Laura (minky)

Sorry to hear that B6 wasn't right for you, Mrs Pop. Were you taking it in a complex?

How is everyone else getting along with the B-complex? Any developments? X

Yep, it was a Vit B50 complex. Such a shame really, i had high hopes for it to stop my pre AF spotting. Never mind eh?

sorry Mrs Pop... did you see the doctors about the other issue? I wonder if you have something else going on that would make the B vits totally the wrong choice?

minky - thanks! :hugs: I do hear that sometimes after a pregnancy your body has trouble getting its hormones back in balance. You might also want to look into vitex (aka agnus castus, aka chaste berry).. its supposed to help your hormones get balanced too. my acupuncturist put me on it when I was doing some natural cycles, lol.

Well, at least there seem to be other options to sort it out, so don't give up hope. X

Thanks Lisa :hugs:

I actually started on the agnus castus at the beginning of this cycle, along with the B-complex, but only took it for the first 16 days because I thought I might be about to ovulate. I will try again next cycle if there's no luck this time.

Laura

Hi lisaf! No I haven't been to the Drs yet, I wanted to give myself another cycle. I've been trying the CBFM & being more relaxed this month and feel better for it. Im on my 2nd peak today and we've :sex: for the past 3 days so we've tried our best this month!

Hope you're well xxx

:dust:Hi ladies
Just thought I'd post a quick update - haven't been online for ages. Hope you are all well?? I wish I could have a more relaxed approach MrsPop - let me know how you get on and maybe I'll try it!!

I started taking B-50 on CD3 this month and I think that it pushed ov back to CD12 from CD15. Was getting loads of EWCM from CD9 and pos OPKs from CD14. We managed loads of BD'ing and I thought I was getting some early symptoms - lack of spots, pulling and nausea.
BUT :witch: arrived today :cry:

It's a day earlier than normal giving me a cycle of about 23 days......with a LP of 11 days I think. Soooooo sad about it; I just want to crawl into bed and stay there with choc all day but can't! So I don't know what's going on, whether the B-vits have shortened my cycle......should i up my dose to 100mg?

Had bloods done last week at the docs so should get the results tomorrow. Tempted to chuck everything in the bin and just go back to plain old fashioned waiting and seeing.............

Anyway - loads of :dust::dust: to you all xxx

Hi girls,

So sorry to hear that the evil :witch: made an appearance again this cycle for you, elnmummy! I know just how disappointing that can be, especially when it happens month after month. The question is, which concoctions will ward her off? I'd definitely give B-complex another go, particularly as you're reacting well to it in general and you've only had one month's trial so far. It'll be interesting to see how your bloods are, cos maybe it's helped your progesterone levels, even if you wren't successful this month. FX.

You're wondering about upping your B-vit dose. That's a personal decision: some of the girls on this thread reckon the higher dose was more effective for them, but the jury's still out on that one. I'm taking B100 cos I figured I might as well be in for a pound as a penny: I'm not sure yet what effect the vits are having on me. I'll keep you all posted.

I think I probably ovulated this month after all, cos my BBT levels are slowly rising (higher again today at 4 / 5 DPO) :thumbup: I'm also getting random pulling and tweaking sensations in my ovaries and uterus area. Maybe it's my body getting itself back on track after last month, or maybe it's a sign of something else....good or bad?

Laura (Minky)

The relaxed approach has served me well up until ovulation (yesterday/today) and Im seriously trying to keep it up!!!! Dont get me wrong, Im still charting/temping/OPKing/CBFMing but Im just not sweating it...just focusing on having fun with DH and getting out there and doing some nice things to keep my mind off TTCing!

Hi girls

Can i join you
I'm 31 and on cycle 3 of ttc - i have just started taking vit b50 complex yesterday as my lp was 9 days last cycle - i'm also on evening primrose oil as i'm not happy with the lack of ecwm - I really do hope the b-50 makes a difference
I'm also charting, using opks and my persona monitor.

xx:kiss:

Hi angie

Glad to have you joining us :hugs: You've posted on the right thread, cos it seems to be laced with baby dust. I first posted here myself after reading through the thread and seeing all the BFPs!

Good luck with your first round of B50s. I hope that you notice a difference in your luteal phase. FX I'm still waiting to see what happens with my B100s...

:dust:

Laura (minkysouth)

Hi ladies.

I've been taking Vit B 50 Complex every other day up until my positive OPK yesterday (CD22)
Thinking of taking it everyday for the rest of my cycle.

What do u think?

I'm also taking Pregnacare Conception and Agnus Castus.

Love & :dust:

Omg ha ha bright yellow neon wee - well that's not something you see everyday :haha:

hi minky ohhh I hope it is a lucky thread

xxx

Hi Beth-welshy,

You've fine to keep taking the B-vits and the Pregnacare, but I think you're only supposed to take Agnus Castus leading up yo ovulation. Good luck! XXX
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->