Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi,

I forgot to warn you about the neon wee!!!! We'd be ok for illumination if there was a power cut :wacko:

I hope this thread is lucky for us all. I am doing the post-ov watch and wait at the moment, which is always a bit nailbiting :haha:. Good luck to you this first B-vit cycle. FX

Minky x

hehe, the neon wee is helpful too if you accidentally drop you pee cup for dipping OPKs... it splashes everywhere but since its neon you can actually see where it went and clean every last drop... not that I would know this for any reason :blush:

Hi everyone
Beth - I took the B50 all the way through but the AC should be stopped after you ov.
Angie - yes the neon wee is fab!!!
Lisaf - pmsl at the neon wee all over the floor image!!!

Had my CD21 blood test results and thankfully all is OK. My doc said my progesterone level was 20 which is at the low end of OK but that he thinks we should have tested a couple of days earlier than we did. At least I know I ov'd! He basically said chill out and we'll repeat the tests again after Christmas if still no joy.

It's half term next week and DH is a teacher and I have a week's holiday. My parents are taking the girls overnight at some point......I think I will be ov around Wednesday so a mguessing they will have the girls on Monday or Tuesday overnight and we will have to .....ahem.....retire to the bedroom for the day!!!!!

Lots of luck and babydust to you all xxx

Please somebody should help me,i just started taking pregnacare conception this cycle and just saw this thread this morning. I'on cd 13 and ovulate yesterday.can i start taking vitB or is it late. Want to get this BFP this cycle.

Giftmum,
From reading back on the entire thread, it looks like the advice is that it prob won't do any good for this cycle but it won't do any harm either. The VB6 apparently works way back in your cycle before you ovulate and does something to make the follicular stage work better and that is what makes the whole thing kick in, in turn. (Yes as you can see Im very technical!!)

I have some interesting things going on with it. I started taking VB6 50mg on its own after i ovulated on one cycle. It has the result that I spotted 2 days before my period (never happened before). I continued through the last cycle and my ovulation arrived 3 days earlier than usual! Looking at my temps I ovulated on day 15 instead of usual 18. Now the really weird thing is I usually have three full days of positive OPKs but this time I couldnt find a positive at all. It was either extremely brief or it didnt happen.

I also spoted on this cycle at day 7/8 just for one day. I was travelling for 24 hours at the time so Im not really sure what day it fell on technically. Imagine how joyous i was for all of 2 minutes!! Implantation spotting I hoped!!

The VB6 hasn't do anything for my luteal phase but it did bring ovulation forward.

A wonderful side effect of the VB6 is that I havent had period cramps as bad. I mean they used to knock me out and the last 2 periods have been grand. Pain is there but bearable. Also I havent been as depressed and weepy. I have changed to B Complex 50 mg this cycle Im hoping that will get rid of the spotting. Waiting for the results of the Day 21 test. Also I seem to be having better period this time. More red blood and not just scant liquid. Better baby lining, no?

The reason I started all this is because I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill. Was on pill for 16 years and got pregnant the month after! I think that my hormones were regulated with the pill to some degree and they all went potty after that and progestone dropped and I lost the baby. Been trying now for 5 mths to get pregnant again.

Anyone any thoughts? I went right through this thread and couldnt find anyone who had disappearing ovulation, gotten spotting and a slightly reduced luteal phase from the B6.

Giftmum,
From reading back on the entire thread, it looks like the advice is that it prob won't do any good for this cycle but it won't do any harm either. The VB6 apparently works way back in your cycle before you ovulate and does something to make the follicular stage work better and that is what makes the whole thing kick in, in turn. (Yes as you can see Im very technical!!)

I have some interesting things going on with it. I started taking VB6 50mg on its own after i ovulated on one cycle. It has the result that I spotted 2 days before my period (never happened before). I continued through the last cycle and my ovulation arrived 3 days earlier than usual! Looking at my temps I ovulated on day 15 instead of usual 18. Now the really weird thing is I usually have three full days of positive OPKs but this time I couldnt find a positive at all. It was either extremely brief or it didnt happen.

I also spoted on this cycle at day 7/8 just for one day. I was travelling for 24 hours at the time so Im not really sure what day it fell on technically. Imagine how joyous i was for all of 2 minutes!! Implantation spotting I hoped!!

The VB6 hasn't do anything for my luteal phase but it did bring ovulation forward.

A wonderful side effect of the VB6 is that I havent had period cramps as bad. I mean they used to knock me out and the last 2 periods have been grand. Pain is there but bearable. Also I havent been as depressed and weepy. I have changed to B Complex 50 mg this cycle Im hoping that will get rid of the spotting. Waiting for the results of the Day 21 test. Also I seem to be having better period this time. More red blood and not just scant liquid. Better baby lining, no?

The reason I started all this is because I got pregnant straight after coming off the pill. Was on pill for 16 years and got pregnant the month after! I think that my hormones were regulated with the pill to some degree and they all went potty after that and progestone dropped and I lost the baby. Been trying now for 5 mths to get pregnant again.

Anyone any thoughts? I went right through this thread and couldnt find anyone who had disappearing ovulation, gotten spotting and a slightly reduced luteal phase from the B6.

I've been taking B50 for about a month but can't tell yet if its helped with LP (of 12 days)- am in my TWW. I O'd on CD14, down from CD25 last cycle, but I think this was thanks to soy isoflavones rather than the b vits.

One concern I have is regarding the inositol in B Vits. Although water soluble, it's been documented to reduce the risk of neural tube defects but also known to cause uterine contractions because of its oxytocin effect (used to induce labour). So should we stop taking them after O??

I liked the fact that the B Vits had choline in them too (good for cognitive function, memory etc, check out:
https://ezinearticles.com/?Pregnancy-Nutrients-for-a-Super-Baby&id=5209213) but if they come with inositol along side them, then it's a risk not worth taking? Any thoughts? :shrug:

oh and if you think you had a brief LH surge, it may be an idea to test 2x daily around O time, at 2pm and then 8pm. I think I missed mine last month but caught it this month.

Hi Roopachoo

Thanks for drawing our attention to the information about inositol. It makes me debate whether or not I should continue with the B-complex (I'm at 7/8 dpo at the moment) tomorrow, or wait until after I've either had AF or got a BFP! Do you think that the positive effects that B vits have on progesterone levels mainly occur prior to ovulation, like with Agnus Castus?

Minky

Hi Roopachoo

Thanks for drawing our attention to the information about inositol. It makes me debate whether or not I should continue with the B-complex (I'm at 7/8 dpo at the moment) tomorrow, or wait until after I've either had AF or got a BFP! Do you think that the positive effects that B vits have on progesterone levels mainly occur prior to ovulation, like with Agnus Castus?

Minky

Hi Minky, yes I do think that the B vits help encourage a healthy follicular phase, which then enables a healthy corpus luteum to produce the all important progesterone in the second half to maintain the lining for pregnancy.

I still haven't been able to find out what 'acceptable' levels of inositol are (there is 50mg in the B50, 100mg in the B100). But I'm going to lay off them now I'm 5dpo, hoping they did all their good work in the first half of the cycle.

I think I'll do the same then, Roopachoo, particularly as I am taking B100, which has higher doses of inositol. I've been having all kinds of unusual tweaks and aches in my ovaries and uterus since ovulation: some girls reporting similar symptoms have later found out they are pregnant, but it could be the vits causing contractions, or my body readjusting after a chemical pregnancy last month. Whatever the case, I guess it's best to be cautious...

thats interesting about the inositol... but I did want to share that I've stayed on my B-100 this whole time and haven't had ANY issues with contractions etc..

Thanks Lisa F- there have been many :bfp: on the B vits thread... so maybe the amount is not enough to cause the contractions or everyone has differing tolerance levels...

In any case I don't want to jeopardise any chances of my little bean sticking so I'm going to revert back to just the B6 for the rest of my luteal phase.

I think I'll do the same then, Roopachoo, particularly as I am taking B100, which has higher doses of inositol. I've been having all kinds of unusual tweaks and aches in my ovaries and uterus since ovulation: some girls reporting similar symptoms have later found out they are pregnant, but it could be the vits causing contractions, or my body readjusting after a chemical pregnancy last month. Whatever the case, I guess it's best to be cautious...

Best of luck Minky... when are you testing??

oh and if you think you had a brief LH surge, it may be an idea to test 2x daily around O time, at 2pm and then 8pm. I think I missed mine last month but caught it this month.

Hey Roopachoo, thanks for your response. I usually do test twice a day to see how it's going but i got a faint line at 11am 3 days early and thought it was one of those things and that it would come full force the next day as usual. But the next day it was completely gone!! I just didnt expect to ovulate so early. I hadnt gotten that far in the research.:dohh: I can't believe I went from three full days of positive OPKs to what must have been a few hours. I wonder which is better or does it make a difference? There's a whole other weeks research right there!!:flower::wacko::wacko::comp:

I feel like we are participating in a science experiment! It's fascinating stuff.

Night night.
:sleep:

Hey Roopachoo, thanks for your response. I usually do test twice a day to see how it's going but i got a faint line at 11am 3 days early and thought it was one of those things and that it would come full force the next day as usual. But the next day it was completely gone!! I just didnt expect to ovulate so early. I hadnt gotten that far in the research.:dohh: I can't believe I went from three full days of positive OPKs to what must have been a few hours. I wonder which is better or does it make a difference? There's a whole other weeks research right there!!:flower::wacko::wacko::comp:

I feel like we are participating in a science experiment! It's fascinating stuff.

Night night.
:sleep:

Fascinating and mind boggling... I've jumped in guns blazing and have thrown so many variables into the mix that it's hard to know which element is responsible for what exactly... not v scientific... smacks more of desperation!!

Some girls on a soy isoflavones thread went as far as calling B Vits evil in that it really messed up their cycle... if the B Vits are the only thing you are taking then that must be what's changing things in your cycle.

I'm not sure if the intensity of the LH surge has any implications, but many girls on the isoflavones thread (iso forces a stronger O) have mentioned that their LH surge lines were much darker and stronger than with out... and that they O'd much 'harder'... My surge lasted 2 days on SI from missing it completely the prior month... come to think of it I was only on the B Vits and AC the previous month...

More :comp: and :paper: will drive me :wacko::wacko::wacko:

But I can't help it! :dohh:

My experience with B6 is it deffo helped with my low progesterone but it brought my LP forward by 3 days to 10-11DPO!!

[/QUOTE]

Fascinating and mind boggling... I've jumped in guns blazing and have thrown so many variables into the mix that it's hard to know which element is responsible for what exactly... not v scientific... smacks more of desperation!!

Some girls on a soy isoflavones thread went as far as calling B Vits evil in that it really messed up their cycle... if the B Vits are the only thing you are taking then that must be what's changing things in your cycle.

I'm not sure if the intensity of the LH surge has any implications, but many girls on the isoflavones thread (iso forces a stronger O) have mentioned that their LH surge lines were much darker and stronger than with out... and that they O'd much 'harder'... My surge lasted 2 days on SI from missing it completely the prior month... come to think of it I was only on the B Vits and AC the previous month...

More :comp: and :paper: will drive me :wacko::wacko::wacko:

But I can't help it! :dohh:[/QUOTE]

I understand completely. Im willing to try anything at this point! I must see what these soy isoflavone are all about. :coffee:I bought a box of agnus castus yesterday. Thinking about it...

Michaeleann, did your luteal phase decrease?

I just got the 21 dpo test from the doc on the phone. 45. I have apt Tuesday morning to go in and discuss. It seems like a good number but that was after a month of being on the B6 so I think I will defo continue it.

ugh the mind boggles indeed. Where is that stork already!!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->