Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

well ive been taking Vit B complex since cd9 and im (cd25) 10dpo today

My temp rose again today, and FF has recongised a Possible Triphasic on Day 22 never had that before

quoting FF: "A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant. It is just increasing your probability if you also have well-timed intercourse."

Its looking good for me but keeping my fingers crossed

Looking good!!!

The witch got me this morning :( On the plus side I did manage to get to 10dpo though...

OH SORRY TO HERE THAT. BUT LIKE YOU SAID YOU GOT A 10DPO WHICH IS GREAT X

Good luck, MrsRichrs2k!

Sorry about AF fallenangel78.

I was taking a B 50 complex but have now switched to a 100 mg B6 and a B12 instead of the complex. Is it okay to switch like this? And is it possible the higher dose of B6 will mess up my cycle?

I got tired of taking the smelly B complex pill everyday.

THEY DO SMELL DONT THEY! DID THEY CHANGE THE COLOUR OF YOUR WEE SLIGHTLY??:haha:

My urine is brriiiiight yellow on my complex and they taste and smell terrible. Every time im at target, walmart, etc I look for some vits with no folic acid or calcium and cant find any......do the 100 mg have those in them? I dont want extra of that stuff.

Lisaf- I'd consider tempin if I knew what to count as my next cycle.....14 DPO and nothing yet. This is sooo flipping wierd for me, ive never missed a period. Im supposing its happenend to many women though- just what do you do when you have no clue what CD you are now? Does my one spot of brown 3 days ago count as my period and im like CD 2 now? Im so confused! My stress is probably keeping my period away and I want to relax but am stressed!

not all the B complexes smell... I've tried like 4 different brands in the past month, and only this most recent brand stinks bad... and BOY its horrrible!! It actually flavors my other vitamins and makes me gag :( I'm tempted to toss it and buy the old brand but I hate wasting money :haha:

Sorry bout all the confusion, but without a proper period/bleed, I wouldn't say you're on the next cycle yet... :(

Yep, the smelly pill I was taking also made my pee bright yellow!

Now that I'm just taking 100 mg B6 it's not smelly and no bright yellow pee. Yipee lol!!

nypage... the B6 I found was the Origins brand at Target. Nothing but B6, but I also take a B12 pill. Oh, and it doesn't sound like a new cycle yet for you. I've had those long cycle and they stink.

thats ok then as my pee is fluorescent yellow lol... thought i was superman :haha: my b6 complex's smell a little but not too bad x

well girls im 11dpo today and my temps rose again the most ive gone on my cycles since temping (this is 3rd cycle) is 10dpo, so fx for me

what do you ladies think of my chart?? link is under my ticker

Congrats Tracy,
This is the end of my second cycle on B6.
First cycle,
Ov day moved from CD 18 to CD 16
LP stayed the same, 10 days BUT WITHOUT any spotting (which used to last for at least 2 days before AF)

Second cycle, ( I slacked off about taking B6 after ov)
Ov day moved from 16 to 15.5 (FF predicted first 15 and then 16 but I think it is 15.5 :))
Currently at 9.5 DPO no spotting
AF due tomorrow evening. I want my LP longer but I am afraid of hoping for a BFP and being hit by AF.

A few months ago, I was searching about short LP and found this thread. I learned a lot so I think I should provide some update here. I spotted very little this time and tested yesterday at 11 DPO and found a faint positive. I am not sure B6 lengthened my LP but I think it helped my little beanie stick by stopping my spotting. It may also have increased the quality of the egg.
I stopped taking B6 after ovulation, and am not considering to keep taking (I was using 250 mg - probably high). I want to thank everyone who shared their knowledge and experiences here. Wish you good luck..:flower:

Hi B6 girls

This was the first thread I posted on when I joined Baby and Bump after experiencing a chemical pregnancy at the end of September. I was extremely worried about my short luteal phase (as short as 7 or 8 days last May!!), as I felt this has prevented my sticky bean implanting properly.

Anyway, big update : I am pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance: and after several days of deep dark lines on POAS, I am confident that implantation was successful this time!!!

Here is my personal recipe for success after 12 months TTC no 2:

B-100 complex (taken from October - present)
Soya Isoflavones (2nd cycle of these supplements, taken CD 2-6)
Acupuncture - really amazing! Helped meto relax and balanced my hormones
Prenatal vits (including Wellman for my hubby)
Preseed (used when DTD to help the little swimmers to their destination)
Evening Primrose Oil - taken prior to ovulation

My last period before conceiving, I had a luteal phase of 11 days - my record and a sure sign that the supplements and acupuncture were working!

:dust::dust: to all.

Congrats Tracy,
This is the end of my second cycle on B6.
First cycle,
Ov day moved from CD 18 to CD 16
LP stayed the same, 10 days BUT WITHOUT any spotting (which used to last for at least 2 days before AF)

Second cycle, ( I slacked off about taking B6 after ov)
Ov day moved from 16 to 15.5 (FF predicted first 15 and then 16 but I think it is 15.5 :))
Currently at 9.5 DPO no spotting
AF due tomorrow evening. I want my LP longer but I am afraid of hoping for a BFP and being hit by AF.

A few months ago, I was searching about short LP and found this thread. I learned a lot so I think I should provide some update here. I spotted very little this time and tested yesterday at 11 DPO and found a faint positive. I am not sure B6 lengthened my LP but I think it helped my little beanie stick by stopping my spotting. It may also have increased the quality of the egg.
I stopped taking B6 after ovulation, and am not considering to keep taking (I was using 250 mg - probably high). I want to thank everyone who shared their knowledge and experiences here. Wish you good luck..:flower:

Congratulations, leylak. Wanna be bump buddies??? :happydance:

Hi B6 girls

This was the first thread I posted on when I joined Baby and Bump after experiencing a chemical pregnancy at the end of September. I was extremely worried about my short luteal phase (as short as 7 or 8 days last May!!), as I felt this has prevented my sticky bean implanting properly.

Anyway, big update : I am pregnant :happydance::happydance::happydance: and after several days of deep dark lines on POAS, I am confident that implantation was successful this time!!!

Here is my personal recipe for success after 12 months TTC no 2:

B-100 complex (taken from October - present)
Soya Isoflavones (2nd cycle of these supplements, taken CD 2-6)
Acupuncture - really amazing! Helped meto relax and balanced my hormones
Prenatal vits (including Wellman for my hubby)
Preseed (used when DTD to help the little swimmers to their destination)
Evening Primrose Oil - taken prior to ovulation

My last period before conceiving, I had a luteal phase of 11 days - my record and a sure sign that the supplements and acupuncture were working!

:dust::dust: to all.

Congratulations, and a h&h 9 months :happydance:

Thanks katykitty kat. How are things with you?

Rubbish :haha: cd30 and no ov as yet.....shaping up to be the longest cycle of my life! I'm sure something will happen soon - I'm doing everything you did so you give me hope :hugs:

Hi all! Just started to take B6 complex to try and lenghen my LP (only have 10 days atm) - hope it works aswell for me and it has for you ladies [-o< :happydance:

Thanks katykitty kat. How are things with you?

Rubbish :haha: cd30 and no ov as yet.....shaping up to be the longest cycle of my life! I'm sure something will happen soon - I'm doing everything you did so you give me hope :hugs:

My first soya cycle was a bit weird too. My temps went high for a few days straight after I took it (normally they are slighly elevated while you are taking it) and I just didn't feel very confident about it working that time. It is definitely worth sticking with the soy for more than one cycle, I reckon.

Good luck. FX and :dust:

Hi all! Just started to take B6 complex to try and lenghen my LP (only have 10 days atm) - hope it works aswell for me and it has for you ladies [-o< :happydance:

Hi Inoue and welcome,

I hope the B-complex works for you. It sounds like you only need one or two extra days on your luteal phase, so hopefully the B-vits will help you to achieve that. Good luck and :dust:

^^

Thankyou :hugs:. Just to reach 12 LP would be awsome. How long did you have to wait untill you saw some results? Guessing im being to possitve to think it would change my LP within 1 cycle :haha:

I only started taking the B6 this month, and I have eliminated a full 5 days of spotting! My LP has stayed the same at 11 dpo though (checked my cervix earlier and she is on her way - will be here by tomorrow). Fairly impressed by these results! :thumbup:

Has anyone noticed an improvement month on month - e.g. if I keep up with it, may be next month I could hope for not only no spotting but also to increase LP by a day or 2?

I only started taking the B6 this month, and I have eliminated a full 5 days of spotting! My LP has stayed the same at 11 dpo though (checked my cervix earlier and she is on her way - will be here by tomorrow). Fairly impressed by these results! :thumbup:

Has anyone noticed an improvement month on month - e.g. if I keep up with it, may be next month I could hope for not only no spotting but also to increase LP by a day or 2?

May i ask what position the cervix should be in before AF? Get so confused with this :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->