Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Congrats guys! That's great news for you both :)

Has anyone found that the Vitb has made AF uber painful? Been in agony the last 2 days, don't remember it being this bad since coming off the pill - ouch!!

CP is normally low just before af.

Mine is up and down like a yoyo! 12DPO today - a new record, and the brief spotting I had yesterday has stopped! :bfn: though. It's great to have no spotting and a longer LP but the downside is waiting for af takes forever! I am used to knowing I am out at 7dpo - now I'm 12 and it's doing my head in!! :haha:

Hi everyone... just thought i'd let you know ive been taking VitB complex since the 13th Dec CD9 (im CD27 today) and yesterday i got my :bfp: Thank you for all the useful info i have got from this thread xx Happy new year to you all too xx

Hi everyone... just thought i'd let you know ive been taking VitB complex since the 13th Dec CD9 (im CD27 today) and yesterday i got my :bfp: Thank you for all the useful info i have got from this thread xx Happy new year to you all too xx

I thought that might be the case!! Congrats :) :)

Wow! Excellent news congratulations and have HH9M!! xx

hi girls

i am new to this thread but have read some pages and you really seem to be supportive.

I started taking B6 on may 2010 and ended taking them in june 2010 (100mg daily). Then I started taking them again in december and just finished the same doze. I don’t know what my problem is because my mucus is very little and I have to use preseed lubricant to BD. And after AF, round cd8 I get an irritation in my vagina and I get the thrush. I just cant get rid of the thrush.

Can anyone help me please? should I still continue taking B6? What else do you do to increase your progesterone? What can I do to get rid of thrush? I also take evening primrose but my mood is very depressive. I feel very sad and upset. I need your support XXX

isabel - you are probably getting thrush because you are so dry, so it's good you are using preseed. i was getting itchy after AF for awhile too and began taking probiotics every morning and it stopped. i haven't had it months. as far as the B6 goes has it helped increase your luteal phase? did you see a difference with it? and if you're taking 100mg B6 you should also be taking a b-complex as well, since the B vits absorb better with the variety.

for more CM during OV evening primrose is good and should help with mood. next cycle i would try robitussin cough syrup - i have heard of great results taking it from CD3 to 6 or so, increasing fertile mucus. GOOD LUCK!

hi girls

i am new to this thread but have read some pages and you really seem to be supportive.

I started taking B6 on may 2010 and ended taking them in june 2010 (100mg daily). Then I started taking them again in december and just finished the same doze. I don’t know what my problem is because my mucus is very little and I have to use preseed lubricant to BD. And after AF, round cd8 I get an irritation in my vagina and I get the thrush. I just cant get rid of the thrush.

Can anyone help me please? should I still continue taking B6? What else do you do to increase your progesterone? What can I do to get rid of thrush? I also take evening primrose but my mood is very depressive. I feel very sad and upset. I need your support XXX

Hi there and welcome!

I have had lots of bouts of thrush - nasty thing and difficult to get rid of. Canesten cream works well but if it's not shifting it I'd see your GP for something a bit more heavy duty. Also avoiding sugary foods and alcohol is supposed to help :hugs: Make sure you are drinking plenty of water too. Hang on in there chick - you are doing plenty of things right! :thumbup:

isabel - you are probably getting thrush because you are so dry, so it's good you are using preseed. i was getting itchy after AF for awhile too and began taking probiotics every morning and it stopped. i haven't had it months. as far as the B6 goes has it helped increase your luteal phase? did you see a difference with it? and if you're taking 100mg B6 you should also be taking a b-complex as well, since the B vits absorb better with the variety.

for more CM during OV evening primrose is good and should help with mood. next cycle i would try robitussin cough syrup - i have heard of great results taking it from CD3 to 6 or so, increasing fertile mucus. GOOD LUCK!

thanks for your reply. yes i am being very dry. I haven’t seen a difference with B6. I noticed very yellow urine while taking B6 and evening primrose. Today my gynae stopped the B6 as she is thinking that they are causing me the irritation and dryness. How do I know how long is my Lutael phase? Why is this important while TTC?

I never took b complex. Are these vitamins as well? Are they very important to take?

I used to take probiotics but stopped taking them because I was afraid they might contain some lactose. I am intolerant to cow’s milk so I am not taking any dairy products at the moment.

I have been experiencing low abdominal pain for long now. I have regular periods and normal cycles. But after period, around day 8 pain starts again. I don’t know what it is. Gynae thinks it is IBS or food intolerance but I am being very careful of what I eat and I still get the pain. What do you think it is? Hope anyone can help me ….

Grapefruit juice really helps CM too hun, I've started drinking a glass a day x

Hi NyPage, sorry this is so late I've just re-joined the thread. I have had positive OPK tests every month for a year, and then I started B6 at 50MG and Red Rasbperry and it extended my cycle 3 days, which is great - but for the past two months I've not had one positive ovulation test. It has also gotten me really worried that I'm messing my body up with the vits but I'm trying them for another month and I've gone back to using the expensive (but I think most effective) clear blue digital ovulation tests (I got them cheaper on Amazon) and later this month I hope to have success with them. If not I will stop all the vitamins and herbs. I will let you know - we should keep in touch to compare stories as it sounds like we are having the same problems. Good luck! x

So ive read through nearly all 258 posts, skipped a few pages here and there, :haha: :blush: and i am thrilled with the good results ive read, Even a few BFP's!! :thumbup:

So ive decided to join and here is my story....
Im 32, i think anyway, sorry im so forgetful with my age, sometimes i have to remind my self by counting from 1978. lol :winkwink:
Well I already have 3 children, a son 11, daughter 10, and my baby is 17 months old. Ive also had 3 miscarriages, 1 in 1998, 1 in 2008 and 1 12th aug 2010.
So with my last m/c being august just gone ive been ttc ever since. Long story short ive now after comparing my fertility charts discovered i have a Luteal Phase defect..... of 9-11 days in length.

So after reading all the information on this site i decided to go get my self some Vitamin B-100's, Today is CD2 and i took my first B-Vit this morning. So after the :witch: as gone i look forward to the :happydance:.

Hello CRC-

Thanks for the response! No offense, but its nice to hear a similar story, although im sure you do not want it happening to you! Well, to top off the weirdness, my period came, week late and was HEAVY which im used to spotting being my entire period. So, either yay! Cuz it cleaned out nicely, or Boo! Cuz its messing me up. Who knows but I dont give up easily so I am continuing the vit B and EPO this month to see what happens now and if its screwy with no positive OPKS and late period again, im done with them. I dont need a longer cycle thats not my intention! I may try Maca root, sounds interesting and may regulate things....keep me updated CRC. What cycle day are you now? I have not been testing yet im only CD 10 now since AF was so late.

I got my Vitamin B-6 yesterday finally! yay! But I grabbed one without reading this thread first and I got a 100 MG B-6 and a B-Complex that has pretty small amounts. I think it had 2MG of B-6. My Prenatal only has about 2MG of B-6 also. But then now I'm getting over 100 MG of B-6. Is that okay?

Also, my B-Complex has 400 mcg of folic acid, but I'm already taking 800 mcg of folic acid in my prental. Will 1200mcg of folic acid be way too much?

I've heard talk of "side effects" of too much B-6 and cutting back, what are those side effects?

My cycles have been messed up from the Mirena IUD I had in and had removed in September. My O day used to be around day 15 with about a 12-13 day leutal phase. But now I've been O'ing around day 22 with a 10 day leutal phase. :(

I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea for the last couple weeks also. I started the B-6 today...should I expect to see some sort of change with this cycle I'm on already? I'm on CD 8 today.

Thanks!!

I got my Vitamin B-6 yesterday finally! yay! But I grabbed one without reading this thread first and I got a 100 MG B-6 and a B-Complex that has pretty small amounts. I think it had 2MG of B-6. My Prenatal only has about 2MG of B-6 also. But then now I'm getting over 100 MG of B-6. Is that okay?

Also, my B-Complex has 400 mcg of folic acid, but I'm already taking 800 mcg of folic acid in my prental. Will 1200mcg of folic acid be way too much?

I've heard talk of "side effects" of too much B-6 and cutting back, what are those side effects?

My cycles have been messed up from the Mirena IUD I had in and had removed in September. My O day used to be around day 15 with about a 12-13 day leutal phase. But now I've been O'ing around day 22 with a 10 day leutal phase. :(

I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea for the last couple weeks also. I started the B-6 today...should I expect to see some sort of change with this cycle I'm on already? I'm on CD 8 today.

Thanks!!

I'm a former Mirena user too... fyi! :) Couldn't really find proof that mirena messed anything up for me though, just figure it must have masked some changes that would have happened anyway. :shrug:

I asked my pharmacist the question about taking B-6 100mg(mcg?) plus the 2 in my prenatal vit.... she laughed at me and said it would be fine (I can't imagine than another 2 from your B-complex would suddenly change it from laughable to dangerous... just my opinion though). I believe some of the issues with too much B6 can be vision problems and headaches? Maybe someone else can speak up to that... a few months ago we had someone react strongly to a mild amount of B-6 and stopping the vitamins made the issues go away.

As for the folic acid... they say not to take more than 1000mcg without a doctor's ok. But many women DO take 2000mcg under a doctor's directions. I don't know that there is much risk to going over the recommendation by 200mcg, but just be aware of what the official recommendations are.
B vits are supposed to mainly excrete the extras in your pee (be prepared... its neon yellow! :rofl:) so most people don't worry too much about large doses.

Hi Snipsnsnails,

Over 200mg of vit B6 can lead to some neurological symptoms such as tingling. It's (from what I've read) reversible, but I'm sure if it starts you're best to stop using it. Because we're all different shapes, sizes and also vary in sensitivity to some substances, it may be a lower or higher dose that results in this effect.

The folic acid - not so sure about this. I know some are prescribed high doses if there's a family history of foetal neural tube defects, I imagine you're best checking with your doctor just in case.

I got an extra day or 2 from b6 100mg. Tried agnus castus, but think it was what caused horrendous heavy period and IBS probs. No luck on the baby front though. Good luck to you!

:) x

Hi all,

With B6 vitamins, I used to have neon yellow urine which was really shocking at first because my gynae wasn’t even conscious of this side effect.

I suffered with a lot of IBS.

B6 also caused thrush to worsen

No luck with TTC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back