Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi NYpage1981, yes I did have positive tests for quite a few months before all the B6 (I take 50MG per day plus the 6 that's in my pre-natal), and herbs (vitex and red raspberry) - but I have read on other posts that apparently it can be quite typical when you first start taking a high dose of B6 that you get a funny cycle for a couple of months and I read other posts of girls that this had happened to. Also, one of the months I tested I used a different, cheap pack of ovulation tests whereas before I had been using the Clear Blue digital ones which I never had a problem with. So this month I'm going back to those and will see what happens and if not then I'm stopping the B6 and herbs straight away.

LisaF, can you tell me how Clomid works to increase LP? I know I ovulate on CD13 (BBT, CM), but my LP is short and weak - I spot early, and my cycle length fluctuates. My first month on Vitex and Bcomplex, I got my LP to 13 days, and only spotted on 10DPO to AF. My last cycle, I ov'ed on CD14, started spotting on 5DPO, AF arrived on CD24.

I'm going to my doctor's in two weeks to get a physical and then getting an ultrasound later that day. From there, he said he will send me to my gyno because the spotting is probably the problem.

anyway, would love to know what Clomid did to your cycles. thanks!

LisaF, can you tell me how Clomid works to increase LP? I know I ovulate on CD13 (BBT, CM), but my LP is short and weak - I spot early, and my cycle length fluctuates. My first month on Vitex and Bcomplex, I got my LP to 13 days, and only spotted on 10DPO to AF. My last cycle, I ov'ed on CD14, started spotting on 5DPO, AF arrived on CD24.

I'm going to my doctor's in two weeks to get a physical and then getting an ultrasound later that day. From there, he said he will send me to my gyno because the spotting is probably the problem.

anyway, would love to know what Clomid did to your cycles. thanks!

Well, the driving hormone of your LP is progesterone. The corpus luteum cyst is what makes progesterone. The corpus luteum is formed from the follicle after the egg is released from it.
So... when you ovulate, the follicle pops out the egg then becomes the corpus luteum.

Clomid stimulates ovulation... it can give you bigger follicles and more of them. With bigger follicles, the hope is that they become bigger/stronger corpus luteums. If they don't give you bigger corpus luteums, then there is the hope that you may form 2 smaller ones by releasing 2 eggs. The chances for twins or more is increased, but its really not a huge percentage (and none of the girls I know on BnB from our clomid club are having twins).

It all depends on the source of your LP issue. B vitamins really do seem to help a lot of ladies and I do think it reduced my spotting. I know from blood tests that it didn't increase my progesterone level, but maybe it kept it from falling off too fast and helped it last a little longer.

I wasn't ovulating at first (I might have once, had spotting then a nightmare period that wouldn't stop then went over 80 days with no ovulation before medically inducing a period)... So I don't have a great baseline for what my cycles were like before. I took clomid 50mg, ovulated 2 cycles but suspected a progesterone issue with my LP of 12 days with spotting for a few days before. Thats not always a sign of progesterone issues, so we tested to confirm. I did 2 more clomid cycles at the same dose and both times had low progesterone but clearly ovulated.
I then took a break from the clomid for 2 cycles, ovulated on my own but had low progesterone again. With the clomid, I ovulated between CD15-18 but my LP was 12 days each time. On my natural cycles, the first one was identical to my clomid cycles but the 2nd one I ovulated quite late.
My doc put me back on clomid at 100mg, I got normal progesterone levels for the first time and got my BFP.

WoW lisaf, your story is amazing...

once I stopped spotting from my MC on Nov19, I started taking prenatals, 2 bvit 50 complex, and baby aspirin....got AF on time on Dec 13th...on the 3rd or 4th day of AF i started taking Vitex and Red Rabspberry tea and have not gotten AF or BFP....I think it actually caused me to O later because of my temps the past 3 days...what do you think? I stopped charting my temps from Jan2-Jan7 bcuz it was stressing me out. I think FF will confirm O on Wednesday if my temp stays above the coverline...too bad cuz hubby and I haven't :sex: since last week and I know today is way too late for Mr Sperm to catch Ms Egg... :cry:
I have stopped taking Vitex and drinking the tea after I thought I had Od (Dec 26) and Im only taking 1 bvit 50 complex, prenatals, and baby aspirin as of Jan8, when AF was expected to show her ugly face..LOL

anyway let me know what you think....

hmm, I can't view your chart Lisa... the link isn't going to your home page like it should

Lisa- is it not ok to take vitex after ovulation? I was like a week late this last cycle too for no good reason....shrugs.
...whats the weather in NY like right now? We fly into LaGuardia tonight around 11 and stay in manhatten this weekend. Cant be worse than Minnesota. We keep getting snow, and it will be like 8 degrees tommorrow.
Does anyone have an opinion on how my cycles will be now? I am usually 30ish days long but since was mucked up am I to be expected a longer cycle forever or could that just have been a fluke?

CRC- we will be kind of experimenting together this month then with this stuff. Cept im on the EPO. When are you expected to ovulate? Im afraid I may miss mine again with traveling and stuff I wasnt really planning on bringing my test stuff.....

Lisa- is it not ok to take vitex after ovulation? I was like a week late this last cycle too for no good reason....shrugs.
...whats the weather in NY like right now? We fly into LaGuardia tonight around 11 and stay in manhatten this weekend. Cant be worse than Minnesota. We keep getting snow, and it will be like 8 degrees tommorrow.
Does anyone have an opinion on how my cycles will be now? I am usually 30ish days long but since was mucked up am I to be expected a longer cycle forever or could that just have been a fluke?

hey nypage: yea that's what I heard and that's why I stopped as soon as I Od or so I thought anyway LOL. I think I Od this Wednesday as my temp the last two days have been elevated...Can you see my chart if you click on it?
As for the weather, it is supposed to be pretty nice...but we're expecting flurries this weekend, i think Saturday into Sunday...we had a terrible blizzard xmas weekend and this past storm wasn't that bad....

I spoke to my gynae by email today and she said that she is thinking that my problem is not only with the low progesterone. She thinks there is something wrong with my egg. I m making an appointment to speak about this because she really put me down and I absolutely feel depressed.

My gynae is not happy with me having a dry cycle. She said that it is important to have an amount of cervical mucus so the sperm can live in it and makes it easier to conceive. She wants both my estrogen and progesterone to get higher because having these two hormones low means that I am not ovulating well.

I don’t know what to do now. I absolutely feel that I am going out of my mind. I was feeling ok but now I feel soooooooo depressed. My gynae doesn’t want me to think about TTC but how can I do that? Its impossible not to think…. Everytime I approach ovulation, I make sure that I BD with my hubby so I don’t loose the chance.. everytime my AF is due, I make a pregnancy test to see it I got the egg….

But nothing is happening. Is anyone going through the same situation and wants to share emotions with me? I absolutely feel lonely and a failure. I don’t know what to do to help myself. I cant find the energy to exercise. All I want to do is sleep…

BTW, yesterday I noticed some bleeding in my mouth. I am 1 day past ovulation. Could this be a sign of something?

Please help me ladies. I know you can support me! Sorry for being too long!!!

Baby dust to all of you XXX

Oh hun, I think we all have those feelings sometimes. When I was first told I might not be ovulating I felt like such a failure.
The thing is, clomid is a very cheap easy option to try and give you a stronger ovulation (bigger eggs, better luteal phase too). It is known to dry out CM in some women, but I think it would be worth a shot.

I needed clomid to help me get pregnant, and am so grateful for it. It also fixed my low progesterone once I got to the right dose.
I'm here if you have any questions about it.
And yes, its impossible to not think about TTC, but you do have to find a way to relieve the stress of it (acupuncture was my savior for stress).

Hello dear,

Thanks a lot for your concern. I have already tried clomid but it didn’t work. I had bad side effects – I had blurred visions, hot flashes, dizziness and cramps. So my gynae put me on femara. But it doesn’t seem that it has made any effect. I tried it for 3 cycles and stopped. My cm had dried up completely so I don’t know when I am ovulating. I try to baby dance in the middle of the cycle so not to miss the chance. But I have a feeling that I am missing my change every time. My monitor is still on the way so I hope that this will be helping me to detect ovulation.

My gynae was thinking of giving me a shot – I think something to increase progesterone. I will have to speak to her when I see her in person. Thanks very much for your support. I really appreciate XXX
:hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

hmm, I can't view your chart Lisa... the link isn't going to your home page like it should

can you try clicking it again and see if it works?

Still not working.. you have to go to your home page setup and use the address they show you there. It should end with a 6 digit number/letter that is unique to you.

alright... it does look like you COULD have ovulated on CD14... but based on CM you might not have ovulated until CD27 or so (you might have a shot with the BD on CD25). It does look like you are post-ovulatory now though... but how many dpo is up in the air... with the negative HPTs I'd say you probably didn't ovulate CD14-ish.

Is that what you were thinking?

yep that's exactly what I was hoping you would say...thx
you made me feel alittle better with my CD25 chances.... LOL FXd

Thank you so much LisaF!!! Very helpful and I hope you have a H & H few more months of your pregnancy :)

CRC- we will be kind of experimenting together this month then with this stuff. Cept im on the EPO. When are you expected to ovulate? Im afraid I may miss mine again with traveling and stuff I wasnt really planning on bringing my test stuff.....

Hi NYPage1981, hope NY is going well and not too cold! :) I'm due to O next Thursday (well that's the day I should get the positve OPK test anyway). I will keep you posted. If I was you I wouldn't bother testing this month. Its always fun being in a hotel and it might take the fun away if you know what I mean... just enjoy then you can test again next month (if you need to!). Have fun.

Hi everyone, has anyone ever taken ovulation tests and tested positive twice in one month? I use the clearblue fertility monitor and took the test first thing on Friday morning and it was positive...and had lots of EWCM but no ovulation pains which I always, always, always get. But then early this morning I woke up (Monday) because I had bad ovulation pains on my left side so I took another fertility urine test and it tested positive again. The sticks in between were clearly negative. What gives? I did take soy on CD 3, 4 and 5, but missed 6 and 7 because I was really sick. Do you think this affected my O. I don't know which O to believe now...I'm leaning towards todays because I had O pains, but seriously. How confusing!!!!

Hi everyone, has anyone ever taken ovulation tests and tested positive twice in one month? I use the clearblue fertility monitor and took the test first thing on Friday morning and it was positive...and had lots of EWCM but no ovulation pains which I always, always, always get. But then early this morning I woke up (Monday) because I had bad ovulation pains on my left side so I took another fertility urine test and it tested positive again. The sticks in between were clearly negative. What gives? I did take soy on CD 3, 4 and 5, but missed 6 and 7 because I was really sick. Do you think this affected my O. I don't know which O to believe now...I'm leaning towards todays because I had O pains, but seriously. How confusing!!!!

ovulation tests only tell you that your body is surging with LH hormone in order to trigger the release of an egg. If an egg does not release, your body may surge again to try again.
So I'd go with the 2nd surge/ovulation if I were you!

Thanks CRC- we were in Manhatten for the weekend, now had to drive out to Long island for a couple nights and really boring here. It has been cold but im from Minneapolis so the 30 degree weather here has been a nice improvement on our below zero! haha. Ive done no testing this month but also have had no symptoms of ovulation yet. I was soooo hoping for it to be a couple days early so it would happen while in our hotel cuz yes, we've had a verrry nice time in the hotel:) no stress! But now I leave tommorrow and OH has to stay in NY so im so sad that I will probably ovulate while we are apart:( This makes me hate B vitamins even more cuz they didnt bring my ovulation forward at all. Sigh.

Hi Nypage1981, glad you are having a good time and no stress - you really never know, sperm lives for several days inside you so if you've had a good time and you are relaxed - then you really never know! Stay positive and maybe the sperm will do their work....haha! Has your cycle got longer since taken the B vitamins? If so then your luteal phase has been improved even if your ovulation hasn't moved earlier. So if your period is coming later than it used to, then they have worked. I've started testing this month although I'm only on day 14 and usually its 16 for me. Have you ever taken your temperature daily too? I've just started and am already confused (which is why I never wanted to do it!). My temperature was more than .4 degrees higher today - but I'm positive I didn't ovulate yesterday!! So confusing...Why can't we just have sex and get pregnant without any of this nonsense? Stay warm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->