Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I am not sure if B6 actually affects the LP. But my cycles have definitely regularized since I have started my pre-natals. My period is like clockwork on CD 28 and I ovulate around CD14.

Hey Everyone. Just read this entire thread.
I have a slightly short LP. 11 sometimes 12 days. Is this too short to conceive?

A lot of resources say that 10 days or less would be considered a problem, and that 12 and over is "normal", so if yours are 11 or 12, you may want to try a low dose of B6 or B-complex to keep them in that "normal" range. Mine were 9 or 10 days, and I started B6 for this cycle and I'm already on 13DPO! Got a :bfn: yesterday, but even if I'm not pregnant this cycle, at least my luteal phase is long enough! It works!

Thanks Cleo.
I am CD 6 and I usually Ov on 14. Can I start the b vitamins now? Or should I wait until my next cycle?

I'd start now...I started mine on CD3, so I think you'll have enough time for them to make a difference. Sometimes it can take a couple of months for them to kick in though, or for you to find a dose that works, as many of the girls in this thread have found. Fx'd for you!!

I am not sure if B6 actually affects the LP. But my cycles have definitely regularized since I have started my pre-natals. My period is like clockwork on CD 28 and I ovulate around CD14.

It affects LP by promoting the health of the egg and corpus luteum during the follicular phase. There are many reasons for a short LP that B6 will have no effect on, but two it will are if the causes of the LPD are an immature/too mature follicle or a weak corpus luteum. If either or both of these two are your problem, B6 will help. Unfortunately, there are other issues that may be the cause of the problem and B6 will not help you.

Hey Everyone. Just read this entire thread.
I have a slightly short LP. 11 sometimes 12 days. Is this too short to conceive?

Nope. That said I had an 11 sometimes 12 day LP and I took B6 to lengthen my LP to a 14/15 day LP. Anything that gives the baby more time to implant is good in my book, though I'm pretty sure the one I'm knocked up with now was an early implanter and an 11 day LP would have been just fine.

And as Cleo says, you can start anytime before O, though the sooner the better. CD6 is absolutely fine!

My LP was a 10, sometimes 11 day length til I took B complex. I had suspected a few early miscarriages beforehand, but taking the B complex was just enough to give my uterus and the corpus luteum what it needed to be able to implant. :)

My only problem with having a longer LP is now I have to wait longer to find out if I'm lucky enough to be preggers or if the damn :witch: is on her way!! LOL!

Oh yea. Patience is not my strong suit, so I can understand that!

Hey girls

Quick question.... started spotting today :hissy: only on 10dpo. Bit worried cos I usually have lp of at least 12dpo. Have been on 50mg for a few months, do you think I should up it to 100 this month? Or can that cause more problems?

Thanks

Implantation spotting? :mrgreen:

I think we should see how it goes before we make any decisions. Sound ok?

Hello Ladies, I am new to this forum, my name is Robin and I have been TTC for about 2 years and have had 1 miscarriage a year ago. I have had all kinds of tests done and nothing seems to be the problem with me or my hubby. I have a shortened LP approximately 11-12 days normally. I started taking the Vit B6 last month but my LP didn't increase at all. As a matter of fact I started spotting on DPO 9 which I have never done. Is it possible I haven't been taking it long enough yet to make a difference and should just see what next month brings? Any input would help.

Thanks
Robin

Yes, it can take a couple of months for some ladies to see a noticeable improvement. I would stay of your dosage for another month. The spotting may have been due to something else, so would hesitate to say the BVits caused it.

Implantation spotting? :mrgreen:

I think we should see how it goes before we make any decisions. Sound ok?

Spotting, I wish!!! Arrived in full force today:hissy:
So what d'ya reckon Dr V? 100mg?

Could be a fluke, but yes in your shoes I'd probably up it to at least 75mg. 100mg if that makes you feel more comfortable. Strange that it would wear off, but I'd love to see you with a 14 day LP anyway which a higher dosage might give you! Good luck and please report back!

Could be a fluke, but yes in your shoes I'd probably up it to at least 75mg. 100mg if that makes you feel more comfortable. Strange that it would wear off, but I'd love to see you with a 14 day LP anyway which a higher dosage might give you! Good luck and please report back!

Thanks will give it a try. Hope appointment went ok today. :hug:

Thanks hun. A few kinks, but it was wonderful!

My luteal phase is 8-10 i tried EVERYTHING for over 6 months. All ill say is the month i stopped i fell, maybe a coincidence? Good luck. X

My luteal phase is 8-10 i tried EVERYTHING for over 6 months. All ill say is the month i stopped i fell, maybe a coincidence? Good luck. X

What did you 'stop'? bvits, worrying, temping, bding (I assume not!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->