Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hi Ladies! First of all, I want to say how happy I am that I found other ladies with similar issues. Definitely comforting!

I had been charting for 12 cycles hoping that a little bean would grow but nope... My lp have always been short 8-10 days with a total cycle length of 19-22 days. AF definitely showing up WAY too often!

I've read the thread and started taking the Vitamin B complex. I gave up on the charting this month because the whole process was starting to drive me insane so I'm not sure when I ov this month but I'm on CD 23 so it's a start!

Just thought I'd share!

Hello, ladies! I have a question for all you experienced b-complexers out there.... If you don't mind! :) Hopefully this won't end up being too long, but it does require some explanation.

The short version: Could B50 complex be lowering my BBT and/or delaying ovulation?

The long version:
I really don't know what's going on with my temps. I started the cycle with the same basic digital thermometer I had been using for several months prior (it was not new, and I don't really know anything about the state of the battery). On CD4, my friend gave me her spare BBT thermometer and I used it starting that morning (again, no idea what state the battery was in, but this thermometer is supposed to tell me when it needs a new battery, and it's not doing so). CD12 I started taking B50 complex, in the hopes of gaining an extra couple of days in my luteal phase but not holding out any hope b/c I started taking it so late in my follicular phase. Anyway, I went merrily along, fully expecting to ovulate around CD18 as usual. By CD 16, my temp had been climbing for a couple days and I thought I might ovulate early! Then it dropped way down CD17, and it has stayed below the peak on CD16 since then. Today (CD20) I switched to my trusty mercury thermometer and I'm still below the peak (but I realize that with the change in equipment, there's no point of comparison, really - so I checked with my BBT therm. too: 36.28 - low).

So what do we think? Could it be the B-complex, or is it more likely just random weirdness or thermometer breakdown? Mostly curious at this point, since I can't do any more BDing this cycle....

Thanks for reading ladies, and for any suggestions you might have!!

Has any one of you saw a change in your period after starting to take B50? Mine "started" the day it was supposed to but I'm only spotting not my usual period.

Hello, ladies! I have a question for all you experienced b-complexers out there.... If you don't mind! :) Hopefully this won't end up being too long, but it does require some explanation.

The short version: Could B50 complex be lowering my BBT and/or delaying ovulation?

The long version:
I really don't know what's going on with my temps. I started the cycle with the same basic digital thermometer I had been using for several months prior (it was not new, and I don't really know anything about the state of the battery). On CD4, my friend gave me her spare BBT thermometer and I used it starting that morning (again, no idea what state the battery was in, but this thermometer is supposed to tell me when it needs a new battery, and it's not doing so). CD12 I started taking B50 complex, in the hopes of gaining an extra couple of days in my luteal phase but not holding out any hope b/c I started taking it so late in my follicular phase. Anyway, I went merrily along, fully expecting to ovulate around CD18 as usual. By CD 16, my temp had been climbing for a couple days and I thought I might ovulate early! Then it dropped way down CD17, and it has stayed below the peak on CD16 since then. Today (CD20) I switched to my trusty mercury thermometer and I'm still below the peak (but I realize that with the change in equipment, there's no point of comparison, really - so I checked with my BBT therm. too: 36.28 - low).

So what do we think? Could it be the B-complex, or is it more likely just random weirdness or thermometer breakdown? Mostly curious at this point, since I can't do any more BDing this cycle....

Thanks for reading ladies, and for any suggestions you might have!!

Don't know the answer but I'm curious as well. This is my first cycle on B50s and I normally have 26-28 day cycles but this time I didn't O until CD24! I also had an almost O early in the cycle (CD12) Don't know if it was the B-complex that delayed it or not--just hope that LP is longer than 8 days now.

Good luck-hope you Ov and get your BFP soon! :hugs:

Hey Amerikiwi, thrilled to know that this isn't totally unheard of! I just replaced my thermometer's battery and discovered that that wasn't the problem, so I'm blaming the B50 too. I heard from someone else in my journal who had a late ovulation after starting B-6, too. Looks like we might have a verdict.

Best of luck to you, too!!!

Has any one of you saw a change in your period after starting to take B50? Mine "started" the day it was supposed to but I'm only spotting not my usual period.

Hi, I had the same with my first B50 cycle. I started very very light spotting on usual af day (I never spot), then went and started again going into full af 1 day and a half later. This cycle af is due today but so far no spotting, just think/hope body is getting used to the B50 and it's slowly lenghtening my LP. Hope it's the same for you. Good luck!

My first month ttc I O'd on CD19 (or that what FF is telling me) but I did have spotting on CD20 which makes me think I O'd then. This was around the christmas period and I don't think my temps were accurate due to waking up at different times and thats why FF couldn't pinpoint O on that day. Then I started B50s in the next cycle but only started taking it midway through my cycle and stopped at O. I O'd on CD15 that cycle and my temps were more accurate as I made sure I took them at the same time. The next cycle I took them all through that cycle and I O'd on CD16 and this month I am taking B100s and O'd on CD17. The moral of the story is :)laugh2:) that I think O varies cycle by cycle but my LP as always stayed the same which I'd say is 13days including 3 days of spotting. I started B100s this month to see if it will stop the spotting...but I always spotted before full flow so its not the B vits doing that. To be honest I think it is more regulating my cycle and I know there a possiblity of Oing between CD15 - CD19 or 20. FF always tells me this as soon as I get my first + opk anyway. I just think everyone reacts differently to B vits and I also think that you have to take it more than 1 month to see a difference.

I hope all your LPs lengthen as that is the main thing. :dust:

This is my second month on B6 -- O'd last cycle on D21, and am currently on D17 this cycle with no O in sight (wasting a WHOLE lot of money on those OPKs!!) Not sure if it's the Vit B or not, but I sure hate the waiting! :)

This is my second month on B6 -- O'd last cycle on D21, and am currently on D17 this cycle with no O in sight (wasting a WHOLE lot of money on those OPKs!!) Not sure if it's the Vit B or not, but I sure hate the waiting! :)

:hugs: I hope you O soon Cleo!

Oh lord, me too!! Soooo frustrating!

Cleo, it make take a while for the B50 Complex to start working. I had a couple of cycles of B50.

1st month I o'd one day early on CD19 - same LP length 9 days

2nd month took B100 and O'd on CD16 - LP length 7 days!!!

3rd month taking B100 and didn't o'd until CD28 and now on CD39 so just waiting on AF to appear or :bfp: in a couple of days. I'll be happy without my :bfp: as this will mean my LP will be increased at long last, but I'd obviously prefer my :bfp:

Thanks Wallie! My LP went to 14 days my first month (hopefully the same this month), but my O day is 3 -5 days later than it normally was, which is the frustrating part...although I bet waiting until day 28 had you wondering!! Hope you get your BFP!

Well I have been taking B100s this month and normally I would be onto my 2nd day of spotting but there is none yet and I am 12dpo so thats looking good on both accounts. Either I am lucky to get a bfp or a good LP with no spotting. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Wallie! My LP went to 14 days my first month (hopefully the same this month), but my O day is 3 -5 days later than it normally was, which is the frustrating part...although I bet waiting until day 28 had you wondering!! Hope you get your BFP!

Yeh I know. Just you imagine how many OPK sticks I went through this month, lol! I need to take shares out in those things.

Has you cycle length now changed then to alot longer too?

It was 35 days last month with a 14 day LP -- much better then the 25 day cycle with a 9 day LP! My LP was hovering around 9-10 days before B6 and I usually ovulated around day 17 or so...now I don't ovulate until later, but I get the longer LP. Beggars can't be choosers I guess!:)

Do you have a link to your chart? Your LP seems to be better this month (or BFP!!) FX'd!

Hi guys,
I know it can be frustrating to see your follicular phase draw out and it seems like an eternity as you wait to O, however, I wouldn't worry about that. As long as the BVits lengthen your LP, you'll know it has been doing what it is meant to do. On the cycle I got pregnant, I thought I just plain was not going to ovulate as I usually ov'ed much earlier. Well, guess what, you don't need early Ov to get pregnant. My egg was obviously healthy, which is what BVits should try to help with - balancing the reproductive hormones so that the egg does not pop off when it is either immature or too mature. This also influences the health of the corpus luteum and if either bad eggs or a bad corpus luteum was to blame for the short LP you were experiencing, BVits should help.

Some women need higher doses than others too - I just recommend starting low and working your way up, but you should take your own cycle into account. It seems that those with more spotting (2-3 days) and/or shorter LPs (<10 days) need a higher dosage of B-Complex than say someone like me who has an 11-12 day cycle with one day or so of spotting. I started with B-50 and that was the right dosage for me. But it might need to be higher based on your circumstances. Just do what you think it appropriate.

Spotty, BVits could well be making you Ov late, but only if your egg is just not ready. I wouldn't be alarmed yet. However, I am seeing a sustained upward shift of your chart from CD17.

It was 35 days last month with a 14 day LP -- much better then the 25 day cycle with a 9 day LP! My LP was hovering around 9-10 days before B6 and I usually ovulated around day 17 or so...now I don't ovulate until later, but I get the longer LP. Beggars can't be choosers I guess!:)

Do you have a link to your chart? Your LP seems to be better this month (or BFP!!) FX'd!

No Cleo, I don't have a chart. Trying not to get into that but it may happen yet.

Well your LP is the thing that matters, but a longer cycle just means that it takes longer to come round again!

Hoping for my :BFP: but I'm sitting here with AF like cramps and b@@b's aching. I bet I get up tomorrow and she'll be here!

Oh well at least LP will have lengthened.

Hey V, out of curiosity, what day did you O?

No Cleo, I don't have a chart. Trying not to get into that but it may happen yet.

Well your LP is the thing that matters, but a longer cycle just means that it takes longer to come round again!

Hoping for my :BFP: but I'm sitting here with AF like cramps and b@@b's aching. I bet I get up tomorrow and she'll be here!

Oh well at least LP will have lengthened.

Well, I hope she doesn't show, but even if she does, you're right, you'll have a longer LP which ...is one step closer to :bfp:

2nd month took B100 and O'd on CD16 - LP length 7 days!!!

Now I'm scared! I'm on first cycle with B50s. Before Bs: Ov on CD18 with 8 day LP. This cycle: Ov on CD24 and today 7DPO my temp nose-dived but hoping AF is not imminent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->