Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Wow that is a long time to O! Makes me feel bad about moaning about 20ish days!

I woke up this morning to air ewcm! I almost jumped out of bed and ran around but didn't lol!

only got 2 opks left as the ones I ordered won't arrive til Tuesday I can only do one a day so going to wait until the afternoon to test, but is its positive I will probably run around with joy!

So nice to read through this thread and now be posting, its been such a comfort reading everyones stories!

I'm pretty sure the b-vits can't harm.

Only trouble is the tablets are like massive horse pills and they make me gag!! (I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to taking tablets though and avoid it unless absolutely necessary!)

:rofl: This really might be too much information - but do you ever pee and then flush and can still see a neon tinge to the water :rofl:

Hmmm.... Perhaps it is just my loo!

:rofl: This really might be too much information - but do you ever pee and then flush and can still see a neon tinge to the water :rofl:

:haha:
I hadn't noticed. But I'm going to look now!!

:haha:
I hadn't noticed. But I'm going to look now!!

I really haven't noticed the neon pee, I just looked at my vit and it's timed release could that make a difference?

Mine is time released too (or it is supposed to be) but I get really neon pee! Are you on 50mg?

Oh well - bring on the neon if it sorts out my cycle!

Mine is time released too (or it is supposed to be) but I get really neon pee! Are you on 50mg?

Oh well - bring on the neon if it sorts out my cycle!

Yeah it's the 50mg time released BComplex hmmm :wacko: I'm also taking Coenzyme Q10 it's supposed to be good for the uterine lining wonder if that can make a diff?

Hey struth, did they say you were likely to ov this cycle? Looks like you had quite a temp jump over night.... !

Hi googly :wave:

To be honest, they didn't tell me anything! However, I think some people do, some don't! My temp has dropped back down again this morning - however, my temps are all still higher than normal. They are in the post-O rather than pre-O range so I guess that they need to drop back down before I can O. Today's temp is at the high end of my pre-O temps so if it goes down again tomorrow, I'll be happy!

Do you think if my temps drop to pre-O level, AF will arrive? I was wondering if I have residual progesterone in my system which is keeping my temps high and so when that leaves and my temps drop it would signal AF? Not sure....

So - 9dpo or is it 6dpo? I hope those temps of yours stay up there x

Hey struth! Ooh good question... that makes a lot of sense re. your progesterone - that could well hold off ov/AF for a little while I guess? How about the HCG, have you done an HPT recently to see if that is down? I know one of the other girls was told her HCG would have to go back to zero after a mc before she was likely to ov again - think that took her 2 or 3 weeks...

Well your temps certainly do seem to be on a generally downward trend anyway - hopefully that is good! FX!

AFM, yeah still no idea whether it's 9 or 6 dpo! I keep changing my mind as to what i think. Kind of a bummer - won't know whether my LP has increased (well, unless I get to 13 or 10 dpo!)

Been having on and off low level cramping today though... feels quite AF like... boo. If AF comes in the next 24 hrs, I will certainly hope I ov'd on cd15 not cd18! :D

Hey googly - hpt this morning was negative! Had held off for a few days as I was becoming somewhat addicted and so hadn't done one since Friday. So - I think with temps coming down and hpt being negative then my body should be back to a pre-mc state within the next week or so, I hope.

As for you - tell those cramps to go away! I'm off to see if I can find and kidnap that :witch: for you!

Hey ladies,

So sorry for your recent loss struth :( I hope things get back to normal for you soon!

I'm really sorry to come on here and moan but I'm beginning to get really concrrned that b complex might have messed to my cycle.

I am CD23, the day I O'd last cycle, I am so confused by this cycle, and its stressing me out so much.

All the signs I have keep not matching each other, my opks were darkish, but never as positive as I saw them last month, and since CD9 have been ranging in shade, but always a clear secind line. For the last 2 days the second line is so pale it was barely there. My cm went from creamy/watery to watery to creamy/egg whitey, then today I woke up to a little bit of ewcm but next time I checked was just creamy. Cervix keeps changing but seems highest and softest last few days, but not so much today.

My temperature dropped to its lowest then came up a little bit, thwm has been the dame teperature the last 3 days, 36.4 so still pre O temp.

I don't know what is going on with my body and am so worried this cycle is going to be anovulatory and that I have totally messed everything up with the b vitamins.

I dot know if anyone can shed any light on this for me!

If it wasn't for the temperature not going up I would think i have ovulated

If you're worried, could it be worth stopping the B vits? Am I right in thinking your LP has been around 11 days? If it were me, I wouldn't be taking B6 for an 11 day LP as it's well within normal... and I know sometimes taking supplements when they're not absolutely needed can make cycles go funny... that's not first hand experience, though, just stuff I read recently when googling (so don't take it as gospel truth)!

Are your cycles usually unpredictable/varying in length? It could be that your body is still gearing up to ovulate in a few days... although LPs are usually pretty consistent, ov days can vary, especially if there's something else thrown into the mix... like stress! Try everything you can to distract yourself... although I know that's easier said than done! :D

I used to have an 11 day LP (sadly it's only 7 days now) and conceived twice with it, without supplements (bar a bit of EPO the 2nd time round). I hope that can give you hope.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your reply!

I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle so I guess after it happened I git paranoid and wondered whether it could be due to low progesterone, so thought it would my hurt to give it a try!

I stopped taking birth control in march, didn't chart my first 2 cycles, but thwy appear to be about 36-39 days long, so not massive variation but quite long.

Just took my b but for today lol, but if there are no developments tommorrow then maybe ill try a day not taking them. I guess I'm worried that might make things eorse, like make af come or something!

Well, managed to get an appointment with the nice doc this morning...

She was very pleased to see I was charting - and said it's clear I'm definitely ovulating so no need to worry about that. However, she didn't seem to think my short LP - 7 days - was a problem, even though my instincts tell me it is.

She's given me a form for CD21 blood tests to check progesterone levels... i think there's a big chance they'll come back low which could be causing the LP defect.

However, she seemed convinced it was supposed to be done on exactly CD21 for every women... my research has told me it's meant to be at around 7dpo to check for hormone levels a week after ovulation! I don't ovulate until around CD22, if not later, so if my progesterone is checked at CD21 then it's bound to be very low as i'll be pre-ov... which will make the results totally useless, surely?

She's given me the form to book the blood test... so... do I go for CD21 or for the day I will actually be 7dpo? I'm leaning towards 7dpo but would love to hear anyone else's opinions or experiences.

People who've had CD21 tests... when did you have yours?

Hi 254. :hi:

Firstly.... wow! Your found a uk doctor that agrees with charting! :happydance: Ugh.. why do they assume that all women have a 28 day cycle and we all ovulate on CD14. The first one I ever went for I went on CD21 and didn't ovulate until CD18 so went at 3dpo. I had the same conversation and thought "well if you don't believe me you can have your silly result on the wrong day." I've been for a CD21 test today and gone on 7dpo not CD21 as it is the most accurate way but if I tell them that they will think I am bonkers and lock me up for imagining that i might ovulate *gasp* on CD16. :haha:

So after all that I think you should go on 7dpo. I asked this question on my journal and got that answer too.

Lastly where in Derbyshire are you? I'm up in Chesterfield. xxx

Hi 254. :hi:

Firstly.... wow! Your found a uk doctor that agrees with charting! :happydance: Ugh.. why do they assume that all women have a 28 day cycle and we all ovulate on CD14.

I know - I was pleasantly surprised when she was keen to look at my charts, carefully examined them, and agreed with me that I'm definitely ovulating. Wasn't quite so happy that she didn't see a short LP as in issue (she was pretty insistent about it), but hey, you can't have everything! ;)

The first one I ever went for I went on CD21 and didn't ovulate until CD18 so went at 3dpo. I had the same conversation and thought "well if you don't believe me you can have your silly result on the wrong day." I've been for a CD21 test today and gone on 7dpo not CD21 as it is the most accurate way but if I tell them that they will think I am bonkers and lock me up for imagining that i might ovulate *gasp* on CD16. :haha:

goodness knows what they'd think of me ovulating in the mid 20s, shock horror!! :D

So after all that I think you should go on 7dpo. I asked this question on my journal and got that answer too.

I reckon you're right... and others who also know their stuff have said the same thing so that's what I'll do. Struth quoted the NICE guidlines for me on my journal, which say it might not be exactly CD21 for people with long cycles (or wonky LPs!!! ;)) so I'm going to follow that and go for around 7dpo.

Lastly where in Derbyshire are you? I'm up in Chesterfield. xxx

We're a little south of you (although I did drive through Chesterfield on the way to Chatsworth a week ago!)... in a village a few miles to the east of Derby. Hello up there! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->