Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

I never get sore boobs in my cycle, its odd, they also never seem to change size. E en with my chemical pregnancy where I had pregnancy symptoms, mainly nausea and mega tiredness, also at about 5dpo my amdomen ached like id been doing sit ups when i stretched, but no boon soreness or change if anything.

I swear ttc and pregnancy are so fraustrating as no two people have the same signs/experience, it makes for too much guess work.

Depending in how this cyce goes I'm tempted to look into soy as CD26 and negative opk thus morning...

I agree. Its so confusing. Over the months I've had about every symptom going aand sometimes it can mean nothing. Or bodies can be cruel things. xxx

Question for all you ladies, do all of you have tender breasts prior to :witch: arriving? I used to have that but haven't for the past year and a half...

Also have you all heard about Soy Isoflavones? It's supposed to work like clomid?

Sometimes, but not very and there's never a pattern (that I've noticed)!

I'll back up what Googly says about soy - do your research. It seems to make a big difference when you take it - certain days prolong your cycle, some make it shorter etc.
I did a bit of research about soy generally and there is some evidence that taking it all the time in your diet can be bad for fertility as it inhibits LH production. I couldn't find anything else about how it can be used to help fertility except on discussions like these, so I don't really like the idea. I don't like taking things just on hearsay. But I'm a very cautious person! I decided to give Vit B a go because there's no evidence that taking it could be harmful (except in massive doses) and the doc said it was OK.

So this month I will take 50mg Clomid, CD3-7; usual pre-natal + royal jelly + L-Arginine (may up the dose on the latter two); I'll continue with the B50 as I don't think it'll harm... I'll up the Robitussin, green tea, and grapefruit juice if the CM is looking a bit scanty at CD10 onwards.... and I'll continue with acupuncture x 1 a week. Will probably also do the Bromelain caps post-ov to try to help implantation as well. And that's me!

Sorry to hear you didn't get good news last cycle googly... but wow, sounds like you've got a serious plan in place for next cycle! Fingers crossed this is the one, and very soon you're growing a little summer baby...

Hiya I have been using vitamin B 100 complex to help me lengthen LP now I have my BFP do I still take it. Thanks x

Hiya I have been using vitamin B 100 complex to help me lengthen LP now I have my BFP do I still take it. Thanks x

OMG Cazi I have exactly the same question! Just came on here to see if I could find anything and was going to post the question on the pregnancy forum.

Hey, just seen you're in Lancashire too!! I'll PM you if that's OK.

Lancylass - I saw that on the over 35 testing thread that you got your bfp!
Congrats!!!

I believe it is safe to take in pregnancy as it can help with morning sickness. xxx

I believe it is safe to take in pregnancy as it can help with morning sickness. xxx

It's taking the B complex that I'm worried about. Whereas B6 can be good for MS and preventing miscarriage, apparently excess Vit B3/niacin can cause birth defects and over 35mg is considered excess (I'm on the 50mg of everything version).

Cazi has posted in the PG forum and someone has said she was advised to stop taking it.

Thanks ladies for helping out - it's difficult in this "in between" stage to know whether you should be posting on the TTC boards or the PG boards (I don't feel I belong in those yet until it's much more certain!)

It's taking the B complex that I'm worried about. Whereas B6 can be good for MS and preventing miscarriage, apparently excess Vit B3/niacin can cause birth defects and over 35mg is considered excess (I'm on the 50mg of everything version).

Cazi has posted in the PG forum and someone has said she was advised to stop taking it.

Thanks ladies for helping out - it's difficult in this "in between" stage to know whether you should be posting on the TTC boards or the PG boards (I don't feel I belong in those yet until it's much more certain!)

Oh I see.... I think I may have got my info from US posters so maybe they are told different over there. :shrug: Anyway congratulations and I hope you decide what to do. xxx

Don't worry about posting in here - the information is helpful to all of us (or at least I hope it will be eventually!).

I stopped taking my 50mg complex when I got pregnant - I was scared as it said something on the bottle about not taking it in pregnancy. I'm not sure whether that was the right thing to do or not? Who knows. Perhaps you could see the dr? Although the midwife probably won't want to see you until 8 weeks, you could go and see the dr and see what they advise?

Don't worry about posting in here - the information is helpful to all of us (or at least I hope it will be eventually!).

I stopped taking my 50mg complex when I got pregnant - I was scared as it said something on the bottle about not taking it in pregnancy. I'm not sure whether that was the right thing to do or not? Who knows. Perhaps you could see the dr? Although the midwife probably won't want to see you until 8 weeks, you could go and see the dr and see what they advise?

Well I'm actually due to see the Doc on Wed anyway because I was getting my blood test results - so I'm probably panicking unnecessarily because two days hopefully won't make much difference... right?! :shrug:

I'll let you know what she says.

Congrats Lancylass!!! It gives me hope to see the b6 has worked on yet another person :) as to taking it after pg I have no idea :( but I hope you cab share with us what your doc/midwife tells you about it.
As for me I am still waiting on :witch: I feel light cramps on & off so it's approaching but so far I'm 1 day late CD 29 so 10day lp if I ov'd on the 19th.

Babydust everyone :)

Congrats Lancylass!!! It gives me hope to see the b6 has worked on yet another person :) as to taking it after pg I have no idea :( but I hope you cab share with us what your doc/midwife tells you about it.
As for me I am still waiting on :witch: I feel light cramps on & off so it's approaching but so far I'm 1 day late CD 29 so 10day lp if I ov'd on the 19th.

Babydust everyone :)

Well I had light cramps yesterday (and still do today) and I was convinced AF was arriving today, but when it didn't I tested and got BFP this morning. (Although I'm not taking it for granted as it's so early.) But don't give up hope for this cycle yet just because you're getting cramps!

OMG Cazi I have exactly the same question! Just came on here to see if I could find anything and was going to post the question on the pregnancy forum.

Woh! Lancy, you got a BFP?!?!? OMG, congratulations, that is so freakin brilliant!!!! So happy for you, and thank you for giving me extra hope for the short LP!!

Wow, awesome...

So tell us again, what were your LPs the last few cycles? And did you do anything different this cycle?

Btw yes, B complex is fine to take when preg, in fact I believe it's actively good for morning sickness xxxxxxx

Hmm ok just read what you said about other B vits... Hadn't heard that. Well see what the doc says....

Woh! Lancy, you got a BFP?!?!? OMG, congratulations, that is so freakin brilliant!!!! So happy for you, and thank you for giving me extra hope for the short LP!!

Wow, awesome...

Now tell me again, what were your LPs the last few cycles? And did you do anything different this cycle?

Btw yes, B complex is fine to take when preg, in fact I believe it's actively good for morning sickness xxxxxxx

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for awhile now on this thread. I've read the whole thing! lol

From what I have read, and been told on other pregnancy websites...if you get your BFP while taking B vits you have to SLOWLY wean yourself off of them because stopping cold turkey can cause a sudden drop in progesterone. So, if you are taking 100mg right now try taking half a pill for awhile. Same if you are on 50mg. Just take half a pill for a 25mg dose (that's what I'm taking currently because when I get my BFP I want a low dose to continue).

So, that way you can drop slowly down to a lower dose. Personally, I would continue taking the low dose (once you've weaned yourself) until at least 12 weeks when the placenta takes over progesterone production. I will probably take my 25mg dose until 14 weeks just to be safe.

I've seen women who were told by their doctors/midwives to just stop taking it because they didn't need it suddenly have miscarriages not long after stopping the B vits suddenly.

So, anyway. Hello! And Congrats on your BFPs! And FX for the rest of us!

So tell us again, what were your LPs the last few cycles? And did you do anything different this cycle?

7 days, 9 days and 8 days for last three cycles (or possibly 7 days, 9 days and 7 days as my calcs for last month put it slightly differently to FF). Wasn't charting before that. Only thing different was taking the B Complex - sorry, I know you've already tried that. Oh and managing to BD for three days consecutively the three days before OV - we'd only done every other day previously!

I'm still on high alert terror here though! Until I get my blood results on Wed I don't know if it was low progesterone causing the short LP and if I do have low prog it may not be able to sustain the pregnancy. But at least I know we can "do it" so there's hope even if it goes wrong (Pessimistic? Moi?!) So it's giant leap in the right direction!

From what I have read, and been told on other pregnancy websites...if you get your BFP while taking B vits you have to SLOWLY wean yourself off of them because stopping cold turkey can cause a sudden drop in progesterone. So, if you are taking 100mg right now try taking half a pill for awhile. Same if you are on 50mg. Just take half a pill for a 25mg dose (that's what I'm taking currently because when I get my BFP I want a low dose to continue).

So, that way you can drop slowly down to a lower dose. Personally, I would continue taking the low dose (once you've weaned yourself) until at least 12 weeks when the placenta takes over progesterone production. I will probably take my 25mg dose until 14 weeks just to be safe.

I've seen women who were told by their doctors/midwives to just stop taking it because they didn't need it suddenly have miscarriages not long after stopping the B vits suddenly.

Hello! Thank you and thanks for the reply. That's what I needed to know - and what I was afraid of. My doc thought I was mad wanting to take Vit B in the first place so she'll probably think I'm mad for worrying about continuing it or not so not entirely hopeful of a useful answer from her!

I was thinking I might drop to half a pill so that's reassuring to hear it from someone else. I'm on 50mg, so 25mg is within the maximum for the B3 I was worried about. Then I'll prob drop a bit more as I guess I'll get some from my diet too.

FX for you all :dust:

Hello! Thank you and thanks for the reply. That's what I needed to know - and what I was afraid of. My doc thought I was mad wanting to take Vit B in the first place so she'll probably think I'm mad for worrying about continuing it or not so not entirely hopeful of a useful answer from her!

I was thinking I might drop to half a pill so that's reassuring to hear it from someone else. I'm on 50mg, so 25mg is within the maximum for the B3 I was worried about. Then I'll prob drop a bit more as I guess I'll get some from my diet too.

FX for you all :dust:

You are very welcome! I'm glad to be of help. :happydance:

LancyLass - I think it is completely normal to be worried about something going wrong, especially if there is a possible reason for concern. Just remember that the odds are that everything will be fine and that you will be holding your LO in eight months time x

Well, I'm confused this morning - my chart says it all. But I haven't had a positive opk? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->