Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Ooh you think you o'd yesterday?!? Certainly looks like it!! FX!!

I might have done but my opks are lily white. I'm confused. But... I have had EWCM (and loads of it!), my cervix is high and open (I think - I'm a bit crap at checking my CP), and my temp dipped and raised.... all the signs point to it apart from my opks...

I guess we will find out in the next few days....

Well Lancy didn't get any OPK+ this month....

Haha, Lancy is my new yardstick :haha: I reckon anything is possible now... :thumbup:

Hi all,

This is my first post on here. My LP is currently between 10-12 days, really thought I was pregnant this month but AF arrived this morning so going to start taking B6 to try and lengthen my LP. Going to start on 50mg of B6 and B12, I've read a few success stories with it on here so here goes!

x

Haha, Lancy is my new yardstick :haha: I reckon anything is possible now... :thumbup:

Didn't she? Neither did another lady (Loolindley) who I was in first trimester with last time. Hmmm....maybe then. But my opks are soooo white - I've just posted a pic in my journal. Can I really O when they are this white?

Hi all,

This is my first post on here. My LP is currently between 10-12 days, really thought I was pregnant this month but AF arrived this morning so going to start taking B6 to try and lengthen my LP. Going to start on 50mg of B6 and B12, I've read a few success stories with it on here so here goes!

x

Hi Lollipop89:wave: You are very welcome on here and I hope that the b vits help. However, an LP of 10-12 days is classed as fine. Anything under 10 days is supposedly a problem. It is possible that the b vits will extend it and I guess it can't help to give it a go but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't be overly concerned about your LP if it is 10 to 12 days x GL!!!

LancyLass - I think it is completely normal to be worried about something going wrong, especially if there is a possible reason for concern. Just remember that the odds are that everything will be fine and that you will be holding your LO in eight months time x

Thank you lovely one! I know, I keep trying to tell myself 1 in 4 over 35 pgs end in miscarriage but 3 in 4 don't! It's these early few days especially. I'll feel happier once I get to the doc tomorrow and find out those blood test results! If it turns out my progesterone was normal all along I might relax a teensy bit!

I might have done but my opks are lily white. I'm confused. But... I have had EWCM (and loads of it!), my cervix is high and open (I think - I'm a bit crap at checking my CP), and my temp dipped and raised.... all the signs point to it apart from my opks...

Ha ha - glad to be of help! Yes, I was just going to say I didn't get a +ve either - this was my pic from this cycle https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...-unreliable-opks-lh-problem.html#post12491301. But I see your latest update is that you've got a +ve today so all is well! That temp surge is odd though. Didn't someone's doc tell them that sometimes the OPKs pick up the LH too late because by the time the LH has made it to your urine it's can be too late? Googly I thought it was you!

Hi all,

x

Hi Lollipop89:wave: You are very welcome on here and I hope that the b vits help. However, an LP of 10-12 days is classed as fine. Anything under 10 days is supposedly a problem. It is possible that the b vits will extend it and I guess it can't help to give it a go but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't be overly concerned about your LP if it is 10 to 12 days x GL!!!

Yup, I was just going to say the same thing. Anything over 10 is fine as it takes 6-10 days for the egg to implant.

I was thinking I might drop to half a pill so that's reassuring to hear it from someone else. I'm on 50mg, so 25mg is within the maximum for the B3 I was worried about. Then I'll prob drop a bit more as I guess I'll get some from my diet too.

Update on the cutting down of the Vit B: I realised that if I cut down the dose it'll be cutting down my folic acid too, so I'm going to supplement with folic acid on its own. Just thought I'd mention in case anyone else is reading this and decides to do the same but forgets about the folic acid (like I did until today!)

Ha ha - glad to be of help! Yes, I was just going to say I didn't get a +ve either - this was my pic from this cycle https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...-unreliable-opks-lh-problem.html#post12491301. But I see your latest update is that you've got a +ve today so all is well! That temp surge is odd though. Didn't someone's doc tell them that sometimes the OPKs pick up the LH too late because by the time the LH has made it to your urine it's can be too late? Googly I thought it was you!

Ah this could make sense in my situation then. If I add dummy temps to FF it says that I O'd yesterday which is odd given the opk was today. I guess I could have O'd in the night but then I would still have expected a + opk yesterday. Oh well - I'm not too bothered at the moment. I'm just happy that it looks like I am in the 2ww! I guess I might get bothered later on when I try to work out LP length but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Huge Congratulations to LancyLass!! It's great to hear of someone with a 7 day LP previously conceiving. Woohoo! How long did you take the B vits for? Unfortauntely they've had no effect for me and I tried them for 6ish months, but I'll still take hope from your experiences!

Didn't she? Neither did another lady (Loolindley) who I was in first trimester with last time. Hmmm....maybe then. But my opks are soooo white - I've just posted a pic in my journal. Can I really O when they are this white?

I barely got a line let alone a positive the cycle we conceived L...

Ah this could make sense in my situation then. If I add dummy temps to FF it says that I O'd yesterday which is odd given the opk was today. I guess I could have O'd in the night but then I would still have expected a + opk yesterday. Oh well - I'm not too bothered at the moment.

Haha, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who adds dummy future-temps into ff!!! :D

I think I might be ovulating soon, and got an ok line on my OPK today, so looks like we might be ovulation-buddies...

:happydance:

Today's opk (I've just done my second of the day) is most definitely positive so we are ovulation buddies! Ooooh - let's hope we have super long LPs.... like 9 months long x

Huge Congratulations to LancyLass!! It's great to hear of someone with a 7 day LP previously conceiving. Woohoo! How long did you take the B vits for? Unfortauntely they've had no effect for me and I tried them for 6ish months, but I'll still take hope from your experiences!
It was my first cycle taking them. 50mg every day throughout the cycle. I started on day 1. I was certain they wouldn't work so I'm still rather stunned at the moment and very worried I'm not out of the woods yet, but I've reached 11DPO and that's the longest ever so am cautiously hopeful I'm past the point where the short LP is a problem.

It was my first cycle taking them. 50mg every day throughout the cycle. I started on day 1. I was certain they wouldn't work so I'm still rather stunned at the moment and very worried I'm not out of the woods yet, but I've reached 11DPO and that's the longest ever so am cautiously hopeful I'm past the point where the short LP is a problem.

This is my first cycle taking them too! But I did a lot of reading up first. Last month was an 8 or 9 month LP, AF came a week early, but I think it may have been a botched implant. So, not knowing if it was LPD or not I decided to try the Bvits. I'm 10DPO today and still no sign of AF. However, I never get any signs of AF she just barges right in. The :witch:

So, we'll see what happens. Planning on testing on Sat or Sun but may cave before then. lol

This is my first cycle taking them too! But I did a lot of reading up first. Last month was an 8 or 9 month LP, AF came a week early, but I think it may have been a botched implant. So, not knowing if it was LPD or not I decided to try the Bvits. I'm 10DPO today and still no sign of AF. However, I never get any signs of AF she just barges right in. The :witch:

So, we'll see what happens. Planning on testing on Sat or Sun but may cave before then. lol

Good luck :thumbup:

:happydance:

Today's opk (I've just done my second of the day) is most definitely positive so we are ovulation buddies! Ooooh - let's hope we have super long LPs.... like 9 months long x

Struth I think that would be an awesome LP, with a lovely outcome ;)

Good Luck digitalghost fingers crossed for you.

As for me I am waiting, I have a bad headache right now and cramps on & off. I head to the bathroom thinking :witch: is here and nothing, I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm on cd30 I've been having fairly regular cycles of 27-28 days but did have a 31 day cycle back in October, so I'm not sure if I should test tomorrow morning or hold off till Thursday :huh: ughh the agonizing wait.

:dust:

Test!! Sorry - I''m terrible!! It depends on how you feel about seeing bfns - I would rather test and see a bfn than not test but some people are the other way (I'm a POAS addict!!).

Test when you feel that you should! I hope that it is good news though Emmediva. I have my FX'd for you x

As for me I am waiting, I have a bad headache right now and cramps on & off. I head to the bathroom thinking :witch: is here and nothing, I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm on cd30 I've been having fairly regular cycles of 27-28 days but did have a 31 day cycle back in October, so I'm not sure if I should test tomorrow morning or hold off till Thursday :huh: ughh the agonizing wait.

Have you been charting, do you know when you Ov'd? I tested when I got to days 10 past Ov as my LP is usually max 9 days long. I can't go by my cycle length because it varies.

Well my update is that Doc said to stop taking the Vit B Complex and to start taking a pre-natal vit. So I'm going to carry on with the cutting down on the B Complex thing and then start on Pregnacare (which has 10mg of Vit B in it anyway). Of course, that's all assuming this BFP stays. Doc wasn't really much help in that department: "wait two weeks and make sure the test results keep getting darker then we'll know for sure..." Great!

Hi All,

Congratulations Lancy Lass on your BFP!!! That is amazing news and I am so pleased for you!!! Hope you are able to relax about it soon and enjoy it..

It is reassuring to know that you have experienced short LP and managed to get a BFP - it gives us all hope :o)

I am feeling a bit down at the moment in my attempts to lengthen my luteal phase ..

Had my HSG on Monday to check if tubes were blocked before seeing the consultant next week which I hoped would get me my clomid perscription.. (to follow googly's attempt to lengthen LP)

Anyway the HSG did not go to plan - my cervix was very narrow and they could not carry out the procedure as could not seal the cervix to inject the uterus and tubes with dye - so kept flooding out - so basically I am none the wiser after having it done - really disappointed ...

So not sure what the consultant will do next week now with these inconclusive results - I am hoping that she will prescribe me clomid anyway - just to see if it makes any difference but I am not sure she will??

Why is it always one thing after another with this conceiving business!!! It seems like one step forward and then ten back!! As I am now worrying that a narrow cervix on top of my 8 day luteal phase is a complete show stopper!!

:hugs: Greengerbera - I'm afraid I know next to nothing about narrow cervix's or HSGs. I just hope you get some answers next week :hugs:

Oh Greengerbera many :hugs:. I'm afraid I don't know anything about cervixs either. Don't give up hope yet. The consultant may surprise you. You never know! :hugs: Just be ready to try and push it with them and say you really want them to do something (not that I can talk. Fat lot of good that did me at the docs today!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->