Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Test!! Sorry - I''m terrible!! It depends on how you feel about seeing bfns - I would rather test and see a bfn than not test but some people are the other way (I'm a POAS addict!!).

Test when you feel that you should! I hope that it is good news though Emmediva. I have my FX'd for you x

Followed your advice Struth, tested and got a :bfn: :( oh well I kinda figured. But I still haven't gotten seen AF just feel cramping here and there. I guess it's the Bcomplex that is lengthening my lp? Cd31 today...

As for me I am waiting, I have a bad headache right now and cramps on & off. I head to the bathroom thinking :witch: is here and nothing, I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm on cd30 I've been having fairly regular cycles of 27-28 days but did have a 31 day cycle back in October, so I'm not sure if I should test tomorrow morning or hold off till Thursday :huh: ughh the agonizing wait.

Have you been charting, do you know when you Ov'd? I tested when I got to days 10 past Ov as my LP is usually max 9 days long. I can't go by my cycle length because it varies.

Well my update is that Doc said to stop taking the Vit B Complex and to start taking a pre-natal vit. So I'm going to carry on with the cutting down on the B Complex thing and then start on Pregnacare (which has 10mg of Vit B in it anyway). Of course, that's all assuming this BFP stays. Doc wasn't really much help in that department: "wait two weeks and make sure the test results keep getting darker then we'll know for sure..." Great!

Unfortunately, I did not chart this cycle, I started taking the b complex cd18, I had taken b6 by itself cd16&17 but then saw it was not good so went & bought the b complex 50mg. I didn't really think it was going to make a difference this cycle. I felt ov pain on cd19 & still had light pain on cd20.

Followed your advice Struth, tested and got a :bfn: :( oh well I kinda figured. But I still haven't gotten seen AF just feel cramping here and there. I guess it's the Bcomplex that is lengthening my lp? Cd31 today...

Unfortunately, I did not chart this cycle, I started taking the b complex cd18, I had taken b6 by itself cd16&17 but then saw it was not good so went & bought the b complex 50mg. I didn't really think it was going to make a difference this cycle. I felt ov pain on cd19 & still had light pain on cd20.

Hang in there! It might be a freak extra long cycle and you Ov'd late so it's still too early to show on a test. I had a 30 dayer a couple of cycles ago and I hadn't had one of those for two years!

^wss! I agree - you are not out yet. The :witch: is not here yet so anything is possible x

Thanks Lancylass & Struth :) it feels great to be able to 'talk' to someone experiencing ttc. TMI alert - I saw a pink tinge in my cm awhile ago, and have light cramping. I feel a little better though, if the :witch: comes at least I'll have had a longer lp. And I can start charting for my next cycle.

Lancylass Fx that your lil bean sticks!!!

Baby :dust: to everyone ttc God willing we will all get our little bumps :)

Anyone else found that B6 has definitely brought their ovulation date earlier?

I've been taking it for a while... but I've stopped this cycle as having CD21 bloods and wanted to see what my progesterone levels were without it. I haven't seen any LP improvement so figured it wouldn't make a difference... however, I'm CD21 (the day I ovulated last cycle) and I think my body is playing at 'almost ovulating but not quite getting there'! I stopped Bvits for one other cycle - two cycles ago - when I got fed up of no improvement, and although my LP didn't change when off them, I had a later ovulation after a few attempts from my body to ovulate, and my fertile signs were a bit mixed up then too.

I've been taking agnus castus as well, which I am still on but also stopped the last cycle but one (have I lost everyone by now?! ;)) - I'd assumed it was that that had brought my ovulation earlier, but I'm wondering if I'm wrong and it's the Bvits!

Just wondered if anyone knew for sure that Bvits had helped them ovulate earlier?

Now I'm thinking of ditching the AC after this cycle (got to see it out to be sure) and going back on the Bvits... even if they haven't made a difference to my LP, I much prefer having a nice texbook fertile signs (CP and CM) and ovulating not tooooo late). Hmmm....

Well I've only taken it for one cycle but my ov day was exactly the same as the previous cycle. But I have irregular cycles so who knows... Maybe without the Vit B I would have ov'd later this cycle :shrug:...

What I did notice was that my chart looked beautiful this month. Pretty stable pre-Ov, then nice clear Ov rise. Hadn't had it looking that lovely before. But it might have been coincidence.

Well I've only taken it for one cycle but my ov day was exactly the same as the previous cycle. But I have irregular cycles so who knows... Maybe without the Vit B I would have ov'd later this cycle :shrug:...

What I did notice was that my chart looked beautiful this month. Pretty stable pre-Ov, then nice clear Ov rise. Hadn't had it looking that lovely before. But it might have been coincidence.

I noticed you had had a real good overnight temp rise at ov... I think that's a good sign, and maybe the difference maker here. It's something that I'm not getting and it suggests to me that my follicles/eggs/corpus luteums (luti?!) are not strong enough. Apart from that, my charts are always pretty stable, both pre and post-ov. I get the rise showing ov has happened, but usually only a slow rise over 3-4 days... and then of course it doesn't stay up much past 7-8 dpo. I think if the follicle was bigger pre-ov, the resultant corpus luteum would be stronger and produce that strong overnight temperature response (and then hopefully persist longer).

:shrug:

I've been taking it for a while... but I've stopped this cycle as having CD21 bloods and wanted to see what my progesterone levels were without it. I haven't seen any LP improvement so figured it wouldn't make a difference... however, I'm CD21 (the day I ovulated last cycle) and I think my body is playing at 'almost ovulating but not quite getting there'! I stopped Bvits for one other cycle - two cycles ago - when I got fed up of no improvement, and although my LP didn't change when off them, I had a later ovulation after a few attempts from my body to ovulate, and my fertile signs were a bit mixed up then too.

I've been taking agnus castus as well, which I am still on but also stopped the last cycle but one (have I lost everyone by now?! ;)) - I'd assumed it was that that had brought my ovulation earlier, but I'm wondering if I'm wrong and it's the Bvits!

Just wondered if anyone knew for sure that Bvits had helped them ovulate earlier?

Now I'm thinking of ditching the AC after this cycle (got to see it out to be sure) and going back on the Bvits... even if they haven't made a difference to my LP, I much prefer having a nice texbook fertile signs (CP and CM) and ovulating not tooooo late). Hmmm....

Hi 254 -

I have been taking a concoction of vits now for the past 6/7 months in an attempt to lengthen my short LP.

I have been taking B6 Complex for the past 4 months and it has done nothing to help me - in fact I feel it might of even shortened my LP further from 9 days to 8 days - but can't pinpoint it for definite - so I have stopped taking it this month to see if any difference happens. I did not really notice any difference with ovulation dates - as mine seem to move around alot - from CD 12 to CD 17.

I also took Vitex - but again didn't see any difference with this - but to be fair I didn't take it for the full 3 months - and I have also stopped this as well as I am hoping to be prescribed Clomid next week - so want to clear it from my system.

I have also tried Raspberry Tea for my lining - but again no difference.

Last month I introduced Royal Jelly - in my next strategy in improving my chances of conceiving ..:thumbup: They say it takes 3 months with this in an attempt to improve the egg etc - so we will see ....

And also CoQ10...

Sometimes I do think that perhaps I might be better off staying away from all supplements - as I conceived before without them!!

Best of luck, ladies! I'm officially out. :witch::growlmad:

Sorry to hear that :( :hugs:

greengerbera - I know what you mean! I've conceived twice before, but then my LP was 11 days... this time it's been stuck on 6/7 days for a year, and I'm reaching the point now when I wonder if I should ditch all the supplements for a few months... it's hard to know what to do, isn't it? I hope clomid helps you...

Bizarrely, it looks like I might've ovulated without realising it... temps are definitely higher than my usual pre-ov ones, and ff thinks I'm 5dpo suddenly, yet I haven't had any decent fertile CM (usually have several days of ewcm before ovulating) and no +ve OPK. I don't know for sure when I ovulated (if I indeed did) so might not be able to work out my LP this month... we shall see...

Sorry to hear that :(

I'm out too the :witch: arrived around noon today. So another lost cycle but on the positive side I start charting tomorrow! I start all my meds tomorrow, vitex, EPO, CQ10, Bcomplex and prenatal vitamin. I had only been taking Bcomplex, cq10 & prenatal vit since ovulation. Hopefully my lp stays past 10 days like this cycle.

Baby :dust: to all FX :)

Sorry to hear that :(

I'm out too the :witch: arrived around noon today. So another lost cycle but on the positive side I start charting tomorrow! I start all my meds tomorrow, vitex, EPO, CQ10, Bcomplex and prenatal vitamin. I had only been taking Bcomplex, cq10 & prenatal vit since ovulation. Hopefully my lp stays past 10 days like this cycle.

Baby :dust: to all FX :)

Best of luck! :dust: :hugs: for AF, but you sound like you're doing well... Well done on the positive attitude!

Hello Ladies....

I just bought some Vitamin B6, 100mg... I'm wondering how soon I should start taking it in order to hopefully increase my LP? I am two days away from ovulation.. did i miss the boat already?

Thanks a lot of your input!

Hey Annette, possibly - it seems to work mainly on the follicular phase of your cycle, ie. up to ov, by helping follicle growth... there's no harm in starting it now though - just might not kick in until your next cycle (if you need it!)

Some do say it helps in the luteal phase as well though, so you never know!

GL! Hope it works for you... has really made a difference for some people.

:hugs::growlmad: Have a glass of :wine: to ease the pain.

That means you had a 11 day LP though, doesn't it? That's good news at least.

That is true! Thanks for all the :hugs: ladies. And big :hugs: to you Emmediva! It just gets so tiring every month with the suspense and the let down. :cry:

And to think, I got knocked up with my DS the very first time and without knowing any of this stuff! lol

Hello Ladies....

I just bought some Vitamin B6, 100mg... I'm wondering how soon I should start taking it in order to hopefully increase my LP? I am two days away from ovulation.. did i miss the boat already?

Thanks a lot of your input!

Hi Annette,
Don't take the B6 by itself, buy the Bcomplex. B6 has to be taken with the other B vitamins or it can cause problems. I took the Bcomplex around ovulation and it extended my lp by 3 days! I'm on cd2 today and cramping but ready to get on the vit boat again. GL!!

That is true! Thanks for all the :hugs: ladies. And big :hugs: to you Emmediva! It just gets so tiring every month with the suspense and the let down. :cry:

And to think, I got knocked up with my DS the very first time and without knowing any of this stuff! lol

Thanks Digitalghost,
I know what you mean :hugs:, my ex hubby (15 yrs)was infertile we did all the tests, I came out fine, his sperm kept diminishing until he got 0 count :( I had given up hope and had already decided to live childfree but then we divorced and I met my boyfriend. My boyfriend has 2 children from past relationships and we have been ttc since Feb 2010 with no luck. I just don't understand? It seems so hard for us yet for others they seem to blink & get knocked up. Sigh, oh well we need to keep on, hopefully we will all get our blessings soon. I think I feel better knowing it's not just me having difficulties conceiving, to know I am not alone and have others who understand and share the journey makes a world of difference.

Baby :dust: to all :)

Thanks Digitalghost,
I know what you mean :hugs:, my ex hubby (15 yrs)was infertile we did all the tests, I came out fine, his sperm kept diminishing until he got 0 count :( I had given up hope and had already decided to live childfree but then we divorced and I met my boyfriend. My boyfriend has 2 children from past relationships and we have been ttc since Feb 2010 with no luck. I just don't understand? It seems so hard for us yet for others they seem to blink & get knocked up. Sigh, oh well we need to keep on, hopefully we will all get our blessings soon. I think I feel better knowing it's not just me having difficulties conceiving, to know I am not alone and have others who understand and share the journey makes a world of difference.

Baby :dust: to all :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for me I'm sure it's the darned BC. I've been mostly on (sometimes off due to side effects) for 3 years. Never again! Arg. I will never use hormonal BC ever again. I know when I got pregnant with DS we were only using condoms as BC so it must be the crazy hormone whacking BCP (nuvaring). Not to mention I'm not getting any younger, just turned 37 in Aug.

So, on to cycle 3. FX for all of us!

And in the meantime...:wine:

Yeah, for me I'm sure it's the darned BC. I've been mostly on (sometimes off due to side effects) for 3 years. Never again! Arg. I will never use hormonal BC ever again. I know when I got pregnant with DS we were only using condoms as BC so it must be the crazy hormone whacking BCP (nuvaring). Not to mention I'm not getting any younger, just turned 37 in Aug.

So, on to cycle 3. FX for all of us!

And in the meantime...:wine:

Yes I'm with you on the :wine: I'm having it tonight. I'm 34 so I'm worried too, I'm taking Co Q10 for cell energy it's supposed to help my older eggs (I sure hope). What vitamins are you taking?

My ttc journal: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/731749-ttc-baby-1-knew-would-hard.html#post12742928

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->