Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone

Hmmmm... I stopped taking anything other that that in Pregnacare (10mg) when I got pregnant. I think next time I will probably do as you have done Lancy. Thanks for this info!

How are you feeling?

Well the pains I was having yesterday seem to have eased off this morning, but I've got a doctor's appointment in an hour so I'm getting ready for a fight with them to refer me to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit at the hospital! Maybe if I can get that far I might be able to persuade them to do blood tests too and see how progesterone is too? Then if things do go wrong we might have some evidence on progesterone :shrug: I'll try my best! Not holding out a lot of hope though I have to admit.

I hope you do get a referral as I'm sure it will make you feel better. Just as a word of warning - I went to the GPs with spotting at about 5 weeks and they wouldn't refer me. They said that nothing of use would be seen on a scan at that point anyway and so they just sent me away - they were lovely and they were helpful but didn't 'do' anything.

I hope your experience is different but I thought I would warn you....x

I hope you do get a referral as I'm sure it will make you feel better. Just as a word of warning - I went to the GPs with spotting at about 5 weeks and they wouldn't refer me. They said that nothing of use would be seen on a scan at that point anyway and so they just sent me away - they were lovely and they were helpful but didn't 'do' anything.

I hope your experience is different but I thought I would warn you....x

Yeah you were right! But they did phone up the gynae at the hospital and ask their opinion so that's positive at least! And they're doing 48 hr HCG bloods so I guess it's as much as I can hope for at this stage. (And I didn't manage to pluck up the courage to ask them to check progesterone while they were taking the blood, as I thought it might just complicate the situation!) Just gotta wait now.

Sorry to hear that they didn't refer you - it can be for the best though. If you had a scan and couldn't see anything you would probably worry all the more when in reality it would just be too early.

At least you are getting the bloods done - at this stage that is a good indicator (probably better than the scan). I hope everything is straightforward for you x

Hi ladies! I wanted to pop back in. I have not been around this thread in a while! I'm on my third cycle with the BVits and I saw a lot of improvement the first two cycles. I'm taking B100. I'm no 10dpo and I have some spotting with a temp decline and crossing my fingers and toes and everything else that it was implantation. I'm also seeing an acupuncturist and she told me this weekend that my pulse is "slippery" so apparently that can happen in early pregnancy. I guess I'll know later this week whether I am or not!

Hi ladies! I wanted to pop back in. I have not been around this thread in a while! I'm on my third cycle with the BVits and I saw a lot of improvement the first two cycles. I'm taking B100. I'm no 10dpo and I have some spotting with a temp decline and crossing my fingers and toes and everything else that it was implantation. I'm also seeing an acupuncturist and she told me this weekend that my pulse is "slippery" so apparently that can happen in early pregnancy. I guess I'll know later this week whether I am or not!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

I'm just a day behind you.... CD26 and 9dpo. I've been off the Bvits this cycle, though, and have actually seen an increase in my LP...!

How's everyone else doing?

Chiclady. I really, really, really hope that it's implantation spotting for you and you get your BFP soon.

I'm having Fertility Reflexology this week so cross fingers for that xx

I'm only taking prenatal vitamins and 25mg of B complex. Or maybe a bit more. It depends on how the pill splits. lol

It's nice to know I'm not too old yet, though it certainly feels like it. lol

I'm not familiar with Co Q10?

Hi, Pip and welcome!

FX as always ladies!

I know it feels good to know we are still young enough for a baby ;) I found out about the Co Q10 online
https://www.squidoo.com/egg-health
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00878124
https://infertility.health-info.org...eption/natural-fertility-conception-home.html
I am currently taking 2 EPO 1000mg, 1 Bcomplex time release 50mg, 1 flaxseed oil 1200mg, 3 Vitex 400mg & 2 Co Q-10 oh and 1 prenatal vitamin. I am a walking pharmacy lol anything for a baby :)

I have not read the whole of this thread as it is sooooooo long ... i brought B6 alone today to lengthen LP, but now i see most suggest a B6 complex.
i am in the UK, where can i get this and how high should the dosage be?

Dawn

I have not read the whole of this thread as it is sooooooo long ... i brought B6 alone today to lengthen LP, but now i see most suggest a B6 complex.

Dawn

Holland & Barratt. They do it in 50mg and 100mg. I started at 50mg and it worked for me. :thumbup: xxx

Dawn

Holland & Barratt. They do it in 50mg and 100mg. I started at 50mg and it worked for me. :thumbup: xxx

brill, thanks, i brought the B6 from there, but have not opened it, hopefully they will let me trade it in for a complex, so i get all the B's. do you take them all cycle

Dawn

Hope they can swap them for you. Yes you take them every day. Took my LP from 7 to 11 days the 1st cycle and fell pregnant on the 2nd so they really can work wonders. Xxx

Dawn

Hi Dawn :hi:
I took 50mg of B Complex for the first time this month and it seems to have worked for me cos I got a BFP! HOWEVER as I said in this post: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...se-increase-progesterone-89.html#post12773147, I'm not sure anymore that you DO have to take B Complex. Everyone says to take Complex rather than B6 on its own, but I can't find any information anywhere on WHY. I was originally told it's because B6 needs other vits to help it be absorbed, but I can't find any evidence anywhere that that is true. Also, 50 mg of B6 on its own is recommended as a treatment for morning sickness so a) it can't be harmful on its own and b) it must work on its on.

If I was doing it over again I would take a pre-natal supplement like Pregnacare plus a 50mg of B6. Then if you get PG you can continue taking it without problem. B6 is not harmful when you're PG, but B Complex IS - it contains B3 (niacin) which can cause birth defects in high doses. A lot of people have been recommended to stop taking B Complex by docs (including me) once they get PG, but as DigitalGhost said here (https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...se-increase-progesterone-88.html#post12658988) some people have had trouble with miscarrying if they suddenly stop taking it. So if you can take a combination that is then safe to continue into pregnancy, that seems the best option to me.

Anyway, that's just my opinion based on my own reading - and I know it's contrary to what everyone has been saying on this thread for the last few years!!! But that's what I'd try. If it didn't work, I'd then try 50mg of B Complex and if that didn't work, then 100mg of B Complex.

Oh, and yes, I get all mine from Holland and Barratt too! x

HI,

okay so if i took 50 g of B6 a day and one folic acid (which i belive is B12) will i be covered? or should i add in a pre-natal like pregnacare too..... i don't want to take too much, but i don't want too little either.

i have also read the B6 is good for stress, so this may help me too :)

Dawn

I think Folic Acid is Vit B9. Pretty sure it's not B12 because B12 and Folic Acid are listed separately on my Vit bottle. Anyway, doesn't really matter...

I really don't know what you should do Dawn, sorry! TBH there's contradictory advice everywhere!
E.g. I just found this new info I hadn't seen before: https://recipes.howstuffworks.com/vitamin-b65.htm which says "Some experts feel that vitamin B6 is most effective when taken alone, rather than in a vitamin B complex."

Personally I would go for the Pregnacare plus the B6 - just in case the advice that says the B6 needs other B vits to work IS true, because you're then getting other B vits from the Pregnacare, just not in such high doses as in the Complex. If you do take Pregnacare, you don't need folic acid as well because Pregnacare already has it. (But Pregnacare is very expensive and if you don't know how long you'll be taking it for that could be a bit of a problem!)

It depends on what you feel happy with and how you feel about supplements. If you want to start with the minimum possible then yes, just go for B6 and Folic Acid. That's not going to harm you. And only by trying it will you find out if it works for you.

If it does work for you and your LP gets longer PLEASE come back and tell us so we can all learn from it!!

P.S. Vit B6 hasn't helped me with stress!!!! ;) I also read that it is stress that can contribute to the body not absorbing Vit B6 properly, and is one of the reasons why Vit B6 deficiency is so common in modern life! Probably just a theory, but it's one of those daft catch 22 situations: B6 helps with stress, but you have to not be stressed for your body to fully absorb the B6.:wacko::loopy:

Hi girlies - I'm back on the B6 rollercoaster!

I've decided to start taking it again as I'm pretty sure it was helping me produce more EWCM - stopped last cycle and had almost none, when I'd been having several days up until last cycle. So although it didn't increase my LP for the months I was taking it, I'm still hopeful it might help on our quest to conceive #2.

I'm on CD1 now and am going for the single 50mg B6 tablet this time... there's a good amount of the other B vits in my prenatals and after some reading around I'm happy to give it a go like that. I'll keep you all updated how 'lucky' cycle #13 goes...

Hi ladies! I started taking a B-complex a couple of months ago. I think it may have helped me get up to 11 days for my LP. One cycle my LP was just 7 days, but that was a cycle just after coming off of BCP. Still no BFP for me, but we've had to take a couple of cycles off due to problems with my cervix. I'm considering taking a higher dose... I woul like to gain another day in the LP if I can!

I have a short LP (12days) so started taking 200mg of Vit B6 with my multivitamins (Elevit) on ovulation day this cycle...5 days later I reduced vit B6 to 100mg & continued taking them... It increased my LP from 12 to 16 days!! I'm 16dpo & started spotting yesterday but AF hasn't arrived yet..I did a couple of tests but got BFN's! I didn't think it would work so quickly! Fingers crossed next month I get my BFP for #1!! :):):):happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->